Future Generation Deluxe Wave 5

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DecepticusPrime, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Er, wouldn't those be the other way around?

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Hell, as long as he still has his gat.

Could very easily see the abandonment of his gun in favour of using his tail as a "whip."

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First Waspinator and Rhinox, then a Rattrap that I hope will look similarly good. If they top it off with a screen-accurate pre-Transmetal Blackarachnia, I would have a screaming Baysplosion.

4. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Nowhere to be seen :( 

There where rumors about TakTomy doing that early this year though, and a Reflector from Perceptor and a Swindle too (presumably from Universe Hound) but it's been awfully quiet since then..

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    If it was still 2004, yeah. Sunstorm has had figures in Cybertron, Animated, Kre-O, Titanium and Bot Shots since then though.

If we count non-eHobby and non-Hasbro releases, then he's also had figures done by Palisades, FunPub, and TakaraTomy as well.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the most part, pink toys don't sell very well in a boys toy line. I don't blame them for being apprehensive about making her. They should do her in blue first with some Prime nods, and then let the club or ehobby or whoever do her in pink so the diehard fans can have the pink one. I just can't see 5-8 year old boys wanting a pink character from a mid 80's cartoon that they have zero attachment to.

I'd buy one just to have it, but I'm an adult collector.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    They can always do her in either purple or red instead since they're at least close to the colour purple. As much as I prefer a blue Arcee over a pink one the G1 based Arcee really has to have some traces of her old colour scheme. You're right about pink toys don't sell well in the boys market so again if she's either in purple or red it would make a good compramise since both colours do well in most boys lines.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That would indeed be great news. I'm dying for new Headmasters and more Targetmasters.

9. bonewire

bonewire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't even joke like that, he will have his gun, no Transmetal crap

10. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I've been on the fence about buying this for weeks too. Guess I just saved about $100.

11. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    animated arcee pulled it off well enough, they muted her colours a little bit and she sold well enough (yes i know she was a tru exclusive, but had ROTF not aborted Animated she might have gotten a full retail release)

12. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

That's something I was wondering too. The significance being that he could have been the first demonstration of what HasTak's approach would be to giving us characters at least once known as Headmasters, in the Generations Deluxe format. Apart from the teased head, blanking off the main turret gun port and beefing up one of the shoulder weapons would really make as definitive a Hardhead as possible from the Warpath mold.

The upcoming Treadshot could have been improved ever so slightly with a hew head, but certainly not the one teased in Warpath's instructions. The other figure with a teased retool that's still unused that comes to mind is Lugnut. Without properly comparing the two, I thought his retool could be used for Killmaster (you know, with the wand... [sorry! ;) ] though it's not exactly a perfect fit and his appearance in Whirl's story could be exaggerated.

Then we have slightly curious instances like Takara not having released Black/Sky Shadow, or Senator Ratbat from Hasbro. Sure, the latter character may be no present condition for the pack-in Spotlight treatment, but Nightbeat wasn't faring too well either, last time we saw him.

13. tackertackle

tackertackle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm afraid Generations Tankor is Grey & blue Voyager Rhinox
    regardless whether straight recolor or with remold head.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That... wouldn't make any sense. Tankor may have been Rhinox's corrupt spark, but he didn't look like him.

Also Rhinox is a voyager, these are listings for deluxes, so I wouldn't worry about it being a retool. :) 

15. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I can say about the boys not wanting a pink female Autobot is, when the 1996 movie and toys came out I was 7-8 years old and when i saw Kup and Blurr , I thought at first they had finally started to make those female Autobots that I had watched in SEARCH FOR ALPHA TRION 6 months earlier and I WAS SUPER HAPPY. Then i turned the box over and read their tech specs and was super dissapointed to find out I was wrong.

When I was 7-9 I wanted Arcee, Elita 1, ect, didnt care about them being pink or not. The pink toy thing doesnt float with me.

16. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm pretty sure the reason Hasbro isn't doing the remaining "pretools" from the RTS/pre-DOTM Generations moulds is 'cause they don't fit into the current budget for Deluxes. You'll notice that the post-DOTM Generations line has yet to use a single mould predating itself.

At this point, I think our only chances of getting toys like Hardhead-from-Warpath is from Takara or Fun Pub.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What current media has a pink Arcee? Even Animated Arcee had to be an exclusive and she was closer to being red. Hasbro does tons of market research. Just because you would buy it 25 years ago doesn't mean kids now would. Especially without a cartoon to justify it. Hasbro has flat out said at Botcons that female boys toys don't sell as well. What was the last pink mass retail Transformer? Energon Arcee?

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr, and Springer were originally intended to be the female Autobots but when gears shifted the plans were scrapped and they made them new guys.

18. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

not as much as the 3rd parties apparently.

another "boy" here been wanting G1 Arcee ever he watched Transformer The Movie, over 20 years ago..

19. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't believe I'm still seeing the same ignorant comments comparing Hasbro to 3rd party companies. 3rd parties don't cater to the same customers and don't play by the same rules.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't decide on whether I'd prefer a season one Rattrap or a Transmetal version.:lol