Future Generation Deluxe Wave 5

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DecepticusPrime, Aug 31, 2013.

1. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

who exactly been 3rd party been catering again? customer that hasbro deem unimportance to give them what they want and yet importance enough to host special event, offer club membership, limited edition figure and masterpiece figure.

not the same customer, huh?

2. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Season One.
    TM RT could still be bought fairly cheaply, the last time I checked. And he was already a Deluxe.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are you telling me I'd prefer season one?

I'm not trying to guess which one it'll be, I just don't know which one I would prefer.

I fully expect him to be the season one design.

4. bonewire

bonewire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want a new season 1, TM Ratrap was spot on, great representation of the animation model, and has great articulation. If they can make a season 1 Ratrap that reduces the animal kibble, actually has a transformation and has a little more articulation in beast mode, would be sweet.

5. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Yes I was, but it wasn't intended in a super-serious, piss-you-off way.
    Guess I should have added a smiley.

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I rather have both done at some point. The problem with the transmetal version is the fact the big wheels are around the hips, instead of the shoulders like on the show. Plus there is the chrome flaking issues of the original toy. Also it lacks a show correct face model on the toy, I know Rattrap didn't have an upside down "v" for a mouth on the show.

7. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see all season 1 versions first before moving on to season 2. I think if the rhinox is any indication, they can really make some show accurate beast modes now

8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh I agree, There needs to be a cartoon with a Pink Arcee in it to justify it, but if there was a pink arcee in a current cartoon like the previous g1 toy/character , I do not think it would be a problem like so many state it would be. Arcee DOESNT HAVE TO BE NOT PINK. But yeah, There definitely needs to be some kind of media tie in to support it.

As for kids who WANT a pink arcee now ? I can name at least one ( my boy , who has asked for her, since he has all the other G1 Cartoon guys.

Really ? hmmmmm, thats the first time I have heard anyone say something like that. I hope your right .

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think the thing is that the Generations line, although a mass retail line, is a COLLECTORS focused line. The intended market for these figures are going to be collectors. Where the BH stuff has a cartoon and later a movie to hook kids, the Generations stuff doesn't. It's intended for US, not for kids. That's why I think it's much more plausible to think that Hasbro could get away with a pink Arcee in the current retail line. The demographic they are selling to is much different than their main line, which is TF Prime and Beast Hunters. No media with a pink Arcee? Bullshit. This is the Generations line with a comic tie in. If you want to justify a pink Arcee, then throw in the Spotlight comic where she's pink...problem solved.

10. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I hope it's the S1 design for BW Rattrap. Also: Tankor!

11. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the first time I've heard that too

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Source?

The female Autobots were created around the same time as the '86 movie cast, and most likely by different people.

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Yeah; the female Autobots were created because the network wanted more female characters. Odds are by then Hot Rod/Blurr/Kup/Springer were in development on a parallel track.

14. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

so it's mostly the network's idea to make things more interesting? sounds good to me. too bad they didn't made toys of the girls until... Beast Wars. i think.

15. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Well, from Hasbro's POV Transformers cartoons just there to sell toys to target-aged boys, but a TV network wants as many people as possible watching whatever they're airing, so they'll request some token female characters to, in theory, make a show more appealing to the other half of the population.

It's the reason why, say, Animated's tagalong kid character is a girl, and so on.

16. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Hasbro doesn't host Botcon, Fun Publications does, as they have the license from Hasbro to do that sort of stuff.

Again, that's not Hasbro, that's Fun Publications.

Those figures (SDCC exclusives, Platinum Edition figures, etc.) are NOT new molds, and since this is a counterpoint to an argument pertaining to a new mold for a Generations Arcee, those are not the same thing. All the limited edition exclusives Hasbro releases are either repaints or retools and cost a fraction of what a new mold would (like Arcee) to produce, so that won't fly either.

TakaraTomy does all the engineering on the Masterpiece line, which is a line solely meant for collectors in the Japanese market. Hasbro releases a small fraction of the Masterpiece figures with minor changes as US exclusives, but that still falls under the "repaint/retool" logic from the previous point because those molds are pre-existing.

Same customer, different business models and goals. A new mold Generations Arcee meets none of the criteria you have listed. It would be brand new (expensive) tooling, and a mass market release originated by Hasbro.

All this is not to say that I don't think Generations Arcee will happen, because I think its highly plausible this many years into the "Classics" game. This is also not to say I don't want a Generations Arcee, cause I would totally buy one.

If she WERE to happen, I could see her having the G1-like robot mode with her Prime color scheme like her Legends card did, with a later exclusive (to somewhere) repaint in the traditional G1 color scheme.

17. MrSoundmeister

Oh,for the ratings. that explains alot.

too bad most of the girls tend to go without official toys.

18. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It'll be neither, there was a new version in a recent issue of RID so I suspect he'll look like that.....

19. MrSoundmeister

i have a hunch he would being be repainted into packrat or he won't have a mass-release repaint at all.

20. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Hmm? More info please.