Future Asia Exclusive Reissues

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Liminality, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Star Convoy has yet to lead to Grandus and Sky Garry reissues.

2. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

This!

3. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    The old vintage molds get lost and/or destroyed. They're often lost in warehouses in different countries, and they're roughly the size of a semi truck trailer. (I was told this by Hasbro at a Botcon.)

Point being, it might seem like a random list, but might be what they were able to locate. There not being a Victory Leo to pair up may just mean they can't locate the mold.

As for me, ANY vintage reissues are very welcome. Some of these are hard to find for new collectors, or collectors on the other side of the globe. Even if it means losing a little value on a vintage item, I think the good of the fandom trumps that by far.

4. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TF rumors these days seem to be true until proven otherwise. Recants and denying don't count as proof either.

I don't really have an attachment to any of those G1 reissues but that's great news for fans of victory. Hopefully hasbro might do some toys that are just as significant for their american fanbase when the 30th rolls around.

5. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Star Convoy was also never released as a gift set with the other two, nor was Dai Atlas. Star Saber was.

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That's true. We'll see what happens. It would be nice to have reissues so that I can store my vintage Star Saber and Dai Atlas safely, maybe AFA them.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    big powered giftset for dai atlas

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Star Saber and Dai Atlas? if this is true i'd be all over them so long as they aren't at an insane price.

9. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Awesome if true...I was hoping Star Convoy would lead to more goodness. Just didn't think it would take this long.

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dia Atlas was issued in a giftset with the guys he combines with.
    [​IMG]

11. aitor2700

aitor2700 Active Member

G1 reissues ,ANY ,but please please please by the way of ENCORE ,no by Asia exclusive.

The g1´s with metallic paint are painful (see Six Shot ,looks like a bright Christmas tree)

12. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    So Star Saber and Dai Atlas "might" be getting re-issued but people are already complaining about no Victory Leo, Sonic Bomber, and that other guy already?:lol 

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man, make those G1 Japanese reissues happen!!!!

I have always wanted a Star Saber!!!!

14. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lack of reissues would lead to TF fan anger. And anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...

:p 

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personal opinion but I thought the Asian Sixshot with the chrome looked great. The only bad thing about that release was the price it took to acquire it.

Pretty much...especially with something like Sonic Bomber and Roadfire, I don't know if there's enough interest to reissue them on their own, so their best bet at a reissue may be a new Big Powered gift set...

...that said, they don't combine in 'bot mode so I don't see Sonic Bomber and Roadfire as "essential" to reissue with Dai Atlas as I do Victory Leo with Star Saber.

Plus, well technically, both Dai Atlas and Star Saber received individual releases alongside their gift set releases, so the idea of reissuing them on their own is hardly a strange idea, just an unfortunate one for those that want to knock out Big Powered and Victory Saber in one fell swoop.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If they make a Black Galaxy Convoy and a Silver Sonic Bomber I'll pay stupid amounts of money for them. Straight reissues hold little interest though they are not difficult to get in original form.

I have heard similar rumours though... many reissues (some in old packaging) some in new due this year from Takara as well as Hasbro Asia. in fact many have come out already it's just not that many people noticed.

What I REALLY WANT is a Superbase Grand Scourge and evil Wingsaber Combo.

I would hope they'd follow up with Victory Lio - he's an ideal thing to release soonish as he'd follow on nicely from Beast Hunters and we are getting quite close to the Beast Wars 20th Anniversary too.

I wonder if the Asian Market exclusive Optimus is a trailered Masterpiece Black Convoy with shoe manufacture deco on his trailer. or another of those G1 mould Bape type ones.

17. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...and suffering leads to the dar...no, wait a minute...it doesn't...suffering leads to charity, charity leads to happiness, happiness leads to charisma, charisma leads to getting laid...OMG!!! Lack of reissues will get TF fans laid!!!

18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Interesting if true.

19. tfwAutobotProwl

tfwAutobotProwl Well-Known Member

would be great to see, hopefully the prices would be reasonable.

definately welcome reissues to me

20. autobots1984

autobots1984 Well-Known Member

I'm all for the reissues if they make them somewhat different from the originals....while a lot of people think it's great to have reissues it hurts the value of the originals....which I know people who don't own them could care less about but for those who do it sucks....and if your a vintage collector you now have to look at every single little piece....when reissue fort max comes out people are gonna take a lot of his parts and put them with their original fort max and sell him as all original.....all the KO's and Reissues that are DEAD ON ruin the hobby IMO.....Take a look at reflector....The KO is so dead on that it's like...how can you even buy one?