Non-TF: Funko Pop Black Lantern Swamp Thing

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nightwind, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the Funko Pop figures, but anytime I have the opportunity to get a representation of my favorite comic character I'm going to take advantage! I'm a little surprised that Funko hasn't already attempted this version of Swamp Thing given their love for repaints and variants.

For this figure I used a Dremel to remove the eyes, reshape the eye sockets, and reshape the mid-section. I used some rib pieces from a dollar store skeleton Halloween decoration to try and give him a more skeletal look. For paint, I sprayed the entire figure with Krylon flat black. All of the other paint used was Folk Art acrylics. He received a dark grey heavy dry brushing for the next layer, two different shades of grey for the vines, minimal white for highlights to break up all that black and grey, and jet black for foliage "highlights".

I decided to not put a Black Lantern symbol on him because I couldn't think of a way to do it without taking away from the rest of the figure. I like my customs to be more of my interpretation of a character instead of a slavish attempt to mimic someone else's view of what the character should be, anyway.

I also included a group picture of my other Funko Swamp Thing customs. I may revisit this mold again in the future, but I'm pretty satisfied with the crew I've put together for now!

As always comments and critique are appreciated!

BL Swamp Thing 1.JPG BL Swamp Thing 2.JPG BL Swamp Thing 3.JPG BL Swamp Thing 4.JPG BL Swamp Thing 5.JPG BL Swamp Thing 6.JPG Swamp Thing Group.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Cool! Nice work on the detailing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nightwind

Thanks! Much appreciated! :) 

4. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

wow thats a nice paint job

5. Nightwind

Thanks! This mold is really fun to work on!