Fun transformations?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Last Laugh, Oct 28, 2019.

?

How do you feel about transformation

1. I don't transform my toys unless I have to (i.e. it came in altmode).

5.3%
  2. I transform them once to check it out

7.4%
  3. I transform them on occasion

49.2%
  4. I regularly transform them

38.1%
  1. Zogliatti

Zogliatti Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Thank to all of you and to the entire forum, I've been at the beginning of september for 2 weeks at home with a blood infection and I started to watch all the movies again, then I just look in internet for some figures and discovered this world. I didn't expect to find such a competent and friendly forum with so many people with the same passion for Transformers and the will to share it!!!

• Like Like x 7
  2. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    I transform regularly the legend sizes, but the MPM or MP, I never touch them XD.

• Like Like x 1
  3. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

FT-Stomp
    FT- Grinder
    MP-22
    MP-27
    MP-30

Robots I love transforming but won't necessarily call fun;

FT-31A Roadking
    MP-36 The Mighty Megatron - I have seriously transformed this guy over 30 times and I'm not joking!

The end result on both ends of these robots are so spectacular it makes their transformations so worth it and kind of fun to me!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    I vote that I transform them occasionally... but its closer to often. But not close enough to warrant a vote for 'regularly'

I don't want statues. Or Action masters. I collect Transformers. They have to transformer or its just a pretty action figure.

• Like Like x 5
  5. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I really appreciate how some of the statues and posable action figures look.

To me however it just isn’t a Transformer if it doesn’t transform. I mean, by rights I should prefer statues and action figures as my collection just stand in dynamic poses on my shelves for a good few weeks at a time. I just like knowing they actually do something more than bend 90 degrees at the knee.

I absolutely love the 3A/zero stuff for Bumblebee but I’d never buy them. I’d be thrilled to receive them as a gift though.

I am way more comfortable dropping £100+ on a masterpiece knowing that I’m paying for engineering + gimmicks rather than a statue/action figure.

For example I would pick MP Starsaber over Flame Toys just because it transforms. It’s the same story for Toyworld’s Freedom Leader and 3A/zero DLX Optimus.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno, how much time you guys have, but to all those who wonder why I don't transform my TFs, I don't have the time for these. I've been collecting for over 20yrs so it's just been building. I guess I can pick and choose, but with 3 toddlers now and other hobbies, TFs just aren't that high any longer.

20190920_153528.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  7. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Wow. That's a beautiful collection!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

I was playing around with it today and the fans hobby Powermaster optimus prime is actually pretty fun once you figure out how everything works. Dx9 carry is still my favorite play/MP though. My 7 year old was able to figure it out and actually came up with some better ways to transform it than I did.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nuclearcrunch

Nuclearcrunch Well-Known Member

You know what figure’s transformation stands out for me, it’s weird but Prime Vehicon. I just loved the way the roof of the car folded into his legs. A lot of prime figures had some great transformations.

• Like Like x 4
  10. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

This is a great thread! I only recently started collecting MP style transformers but I’m trying to reign in a set of season 1 and 2 characters (with a couple from the movie). I started following a lot of reviewers and realized that my priorities greatly differ from theirs; many say they don't really care much about the transformation and instead focus on aesthetics and articulation, since they plan to mostly just pose and display. While that's important, I personally am looking for high quality figures from my childhood that I can also transform and play with since my two boys are really getting into transformers as well.

I've mostly stuck to the Takara/Hasbro MP line and have not been disappointed (though I'm a little confused when people say they like MP28 since mine feels so flimsy), and out of the ones I have, my favorites are MP10, MP12, MP13 and MP30. I'm hoping to eventually get MP33/35 and MP39 since I hear they are pretty fun to transform as well.

I see a lot of love for FansToys on these forums, but I've read that some of the transformations are not the best, and what I've read in this thread seems to back that up. I recently have Phoenix on order for Christmas so I hope it's one of the better ones. A lot of people seem to say that Quietus is not a fun transformation, which is fine since I have no great love for Cyclonus. However, I really want a MP-style Galvatron to go along with Hot Rod and Megatron. What's the fun factor/playability of Fans Toys Sovereign? Is it as bad as Quietus or more similar to Phoenix?

• Like Like x 1
  11. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only do it on occasion. For one, I want to avoid damage and wear to the figure, and secondly, I like to allow enough time to pass between transformations that it feels new to me again.

12. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most of the time I buy a figure for how its bot mode will look with other G1 based characters of similar ilk on a shelf. "Transforming" the toy isn't as essentially as having that proper look. I know that's likely grounds to eject me from fandom, but it's true. When I do transform figures I generally do so as if it's pulling teeth to get around to it. That said, FT-Goose was a very satisfying recent transformation that I worked through because I wanted to see what the alt mode looks like. Not unhappy with that decision. Both modes are awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bacems

bacems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    while i do not have MP 28 , i do have MP 40, which is the same mold. well mine is KO. i actually enjoy the transformation. it might feels flimsy at first, but everything is actually sturdy enough to be transformed on regular basis. i don't know if this has to do with it being a KO tho.

14. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FPJ smart robin is fun to transform.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

I like small bots with simple transformations, as I usually transform my figures with two impatient children begging to make ”Aski” or ”Oppimus” into vehicles. The Siege Sideswipe and Prowl molds are good, neat and easy without being boring and I like the heft of them and the feel of the plastic. I enjoyed tucking the front wheels away on Siege Optimus. Newage Cosmos mold is another winner, Prime Starscream and Vehicon too. The IF seekers and IF Slipstream are pleasingly smooth and sturdy, and I can, and have, transformed MP-10 and PoTP Slash half asleep. I could probably do them with my eyes closed, I’ll have to try heh.

I rarely transform the larger figures, apart from the Beast Wars MPs, and GT Tyrant whom it would be a crime to leave alone as he is drop dead gorgeous in both modes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I have always really enjoyed DX9’s MP Galvatron, Tyrant.
    It’s a little complex but intuitive and fun. And you get a really nice cannon mode when you’re done. It always stands out as my fave transformation. And I did not grow up it’s Transformers - I do not naturally change these things, it’s not easy for me like a lot of people. But that one is super cool.

I have fun with New Age’s Legends carbots too.

17. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

All of MMC's Feralcons/Predacons.! Truly enjoyed every minute with this set vs all my other stuff I've bought. Makes me wonder why I'm even continuing buying MP's.

18. Dread_Wing

Dread_Wing Decepticon

I like to be able to transform my figures on occasion, however some are so terrifyingly fragile I would not dare. I hate having figures on my shelf I have never transformed, but its not worth smashing something.

19. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Best transforming figure I have is Fansproject's Smart Robin
    carry on...

• Like Like x 1
  20. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    For me the transformation is as much a part of the character of the figure as the robot mode and the alt mode. My ideal transformation is a combination of elegantly simple but complex enough to drastically alter the silhouette between modes. The most recent example of a nearly perfectly balanced transformation is that a Siege Sideswipe. There are no extraneous steps, no aspects of the transformation designed solely for aesthetics. Every step is utilitarian in the aim of converting the robot mode into the car mode and vice versa. And it does so in the minimum number of steps required, yet is still satisfying to complete.

Other figures that achieve this balance, for me, include Magic Square Transporter, PRID Wheeljack, the first Masterpiece Bumblebee, and G1 Punch-Counterpunch.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019