Fun Speculation; Megatron's looks in the reboot series

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by The Mad Demobot, Dec 2, 2019.

1. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

It's been almost a year since Bumblebee has hit theaters with much praise, and we're already in the possibilities of future films. Since Megatron was tried and left on the cutting room floor in the Cybertron scenes, we can only imagine what he was going to look like. So when the day comes when Megatron makes an actual appearance in the reboot of the Transformers films, let's speculate! What do you guys want him to look in the Knightverse? Whether it be his Cybertron looks or when he comes to Earth among mere humans, it's up to you.

To me, for a perfect Live action Megatron for the future films, he should remain familiar to the fans of the original G1 design like from the cartoon and comics like his helmet head and fusion cannon, but have a mix of other references as well. I picture him being a triple-changer; he can turn into both a tank and a large helicopter, like a MI-24 Hind D with his fusion cannon in the front. In robot mode he can have the propeller on his back and his tank treads on the back of his legs. Think Animated Megatron mixed with Devastation(Video Game) Megatron, and Dropkick from Bumblebee. Heck they could even save a bit on the CGI budget and just resize and kitbash Dropkick for Megatron and replace the mustang with the tank. Megatron and his Decepticons always had a knack to becoming military grade vehicles to counter the Autobot's civilian and luxury alt modes, and Megatron should be the testament of both land and air dominance on the battlefield.

Some pics to give an idea;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Either like this.

[​IMG]

Or like this.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

I'm not a fan of Megatron missing a hand. That's almost pointless since the fusion cannon's iconography comes from it being arm-mounted. Giving him a Shockwave arm doesnt really seem 'Megatron' enough to me.

They could honestly reuse the TLK design with some minor tweaks and I'd be thrilled.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

He was an AMC Javelin, not a Mustang. Though in your defense it is incredibly similar to the 70-73 Mustang.

When did an Autobot ever turn into a luxury vehicle?

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Mad Demobot

Pardon my knowledge. He kinda looked liked one, but I guess that shows my sports cars knowledge.
    I'm generally speaking the Autobots and not just the movies being civilian and sporty looking cars and trucks. Bumblebee being a Camaro or a beetle, Jazz a Pontiac solstice, Sideswipe a Corvette, and so on to compare the civie vs military vehicles the franchise likes to mess with a bit.

6. Bee Camaro

Muscle/Pony cars*

Sorry, I'll stop now :D 

Those arent luxury cars, so yeah civillian vehicles is a more fitting term for their alt modes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Magmatron95

Magmatron95 Active Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    a299f4f70d85a5b22af852ea7d8f8753.jpg I think it'd be kind of cool if he was maybe a Hummer or some sort of large military vehicle besides a tank

• Like Like x 4
  8. Bee Camaro

73413155_2953606738006986_6296176933562482688_n.jpg
    I'd like something similar to this, or his RotF design or his TLK design. Funny how my least favourite Bay movies have my favourite Megatron designs :lol 

Is that truck in any way related to Bonecrushers truck, the Buffalo MPCV? They look very similar.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Magmatron95

Magmatron95 Active Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm actually not really sure. It's just a random military vehicle I found on Google images but you're definitely right it does remind me of Bonecrusher

• Like Like x 1
  10. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Timelines Megatron has a similar Alt Mode
    BotCon2015-Megatron.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Short of a more Animated-influenced look, I actually don't think I'd mind this.

12. sladeprime

sladeprime Check the earth. It might be Unicron.

News Credits:
    I want him to look like this. Megatron.png

• Like Like x 3
  13. The Mad Demobot

I really do like the running theme that most of the modes Megatron has were big in their own rights as military vehicles. Some could get away with making him this souped up Jeep, but the Minesweeper and what looks like a APC for a 3rd party toy could sell how much power he has and could mow down the Autobots without having to transform. Tanks just sit well with Megatron for me since he's got this giant "Frack off" gun that accommodates the tank gun perfectly. And I imagine a human looking Megatron standing where the driver's seat is and going "Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!" The TF1 face is still not sitting well with me, but that's maybe because at this point it's been degraded and visibly torn in 4 films that shows the decay of Bayformers in general. You could see how much the films were doing just by looking how more f'ed up his face gets in the sequels.

I wouldn't mind if they just tweaked TF5 Megatron's design with a bit more iconic features for a future film or films and gave him the alien jet. The thought of Megatron not using Earth alt modes because of we humans being technically inferior to alien tech and just not being a fan of hiding when he's packing heat to level a city is a nice addition to any Megatron not just the films. It gives him this alien and dangerous threat to him that also helps to separate him from both the Autobots and his lower rank lackeys in the possibility that he'll show up on Earth much later. We don't want Thanos level of future films, just enough to build him up and then BOOM "MEGATRON HAS RETURNED!"

14. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I was reffering to the design in general.

The overall appearance is good but the head and face don't seem recognizible.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2019
  15. JonzyYT

JonzyYT Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The what series?

16. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Is dead!

News Credits:
    This might be a super unpopular opinion, like, I think I am the only one who thinks this is a good idea but I want Megatron to be a truck. Not so much like DOTM's "Mad Max" Mack-atron or AOE's Galvatron, but a Prime-esque long nose to symbolise him being a foil to him.

I don't like the idea of non-terrestrial vehicle modes. They made sense for the Fallen (he hates humans and thinks he's above needing to adopt their machinery as a petty disguise) and MV1 Megatron (he just woke up), but not everyone else. They give an excuse for ILM to abandon all sense of creativity in favour of just warping crumpled tin-foil into another shape of crumpled tin-foil and make no sense in a series taglined "robots in disguise". Even in a Cybertronian context they still make no sense.

Who rode their vehicles, if any, and who did they have to hide from in a planet where the dominant lifeform is 20-30ft tall robots too big to use said vehicles for transportation?

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I’ll take the helicopter as inspired by Animated, been the best Megatron we’ve had in some time.

18. sladeprime

sladeprime Check the earth. It might be Unicron.

News Credits:
    Yeah i made him look like Shihio.

19. Bee Camaro

The only movie his head was torn up in was DotM, unless you want to count the scene in RotF where he just got shot in the head, and the scene with his head inside the KSI labs.

I quite like that aspect of him too. He can leave transforming into Earth vehicles for his underlings.

I think this would be better than having Nemesis Prime. Might be because I'm a bit tired of evil dopplegangers.

20. The Mad Demobot

You know what could be a good idea? If Megatron at some point gets beaten to near death in one film, then comes back many films later with a brand spanking new chassis and BAM! We have IDW Stealth Bomber Megatron.

If Don can make the bayverse with the G1 designs look good then surely this beaut can work in a future film.
    [​IMG]

Pretty much what I kinda meant. By the end of TF2 he loses chunks of his head, then just loses more bits + gets ripped off his shoulders in DOTM, and when TF4 comes around his original head is so beat up I doubt even the Allspark will give him his sharp head in it's former glory and almost mirrors the quality of the sequels but all that is just exaggeration on my end.

• Like Like x 1