Fun Publication's announces NEW Transformers Timelines Spring Special

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It will, it was confirmed on the Club Forums a while back that the "other Club Exclusive" besides the Seacons would be getting a new head mold.

Anyway, NIGHTBEAT! Awesome! Kinda wish the mold chosen was a bit more "police-ish", but still a great homage and a toy I will definitely pick up.

2. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hrmm... pretty spiffy. I'll be picking up the books and the toy.

3. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Now I wonder if Nightbeat will get a 'Comic Nightbeat' head or a 'Toy Nightbeat' head. :p 

I hope the comic, and the toys are available at BC08.

-airfox

4. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Yup! Hence my reference to it. How've ya been bro? Sorry i've been so busy, i've been meaning to call you and wish you a Merry Christmas.

Nightbeat is one of my favorite characters, I'll definitely be picking this bad boy up.

Hmm... OT, but i wonder if Armada Sideswipe's head could be retrofitted to be a headmaster?
    (unabashedly loves that toy)

5. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Noice. Thats going on my comicshop order sheet asap.

6. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    honestly if you look at the two molds in car mode, in black and white, they're equally not-that-police-ish.

7. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I am not a fan of the Energon Hot Shot mold, only because of the lack of movement with the arms. I hope they remold the head.

Siren... hmm... Maybe the Energon/Universe Downshift mold, or maybe a classics remold?

I also hope that when these things go on sale, the prices are more reasonable than the crappy Astrotrain/airrazor deal...

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I like Nightbeat, and I want to be a Classics completist, but I dont like Energon Hot Shot...

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ditto. I'll have to get a good look first. I will admit it's a great mold choice to replicate Nightbeat looks-wise though.

10. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So can we assume the prices for the Seacons will be $95 USD and Nightbeat $45 USD? The release of these sort of mirrors the Astrotrain and Airrazor exclusives.

11. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Might be my first club exclusive figure..

12. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    When are pre-orders? It would be even cooler if the head remold was an actuall headmaster....but I doubt that

13. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can someone tell me how that yellow and blue robot bends his elbows when his arms are way too big for the notches in his forarms?

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i think it just looks odd because of the perspective the artist took....and even if it is too big, its the artists way of doing it....

now, that could get really annoying if this were in the comic, but just on the cover isnt such a big deal...

15. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Energon Hot shot (the toy design itself) is a loser.

Good that FP picked a loser to reproduce so that 'd save me alot of $$. :D 

16. DisThunder

DisThunder Just got here.

News Credits:
    Lemme ask you club folks this: How hard is it to get back-issues once you join? I'd love to read the other classicverse stuff they've had in the magazine.

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here, I can live with the lack of articulaion on the legs, but those arms of his are absolutely terrible, so no go for me unless some miracle happens and I actually like the look of him.

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    you can buy the trade "cybertron balancing act" and that contains the first two years of the club comic. then you can just the the issues you are missing on an individual basis...but thats like 6 issues i believe...and each issue is 10 bucks...ive been thinkng about doing it, but just cant justify the cost...if each were 5 or less, itd be more possible for me...

19. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I like the choice of Nightbeat (he sure has surged in popularity recently), and the vehicle mode of E. Hotshot is perfect for him. But bleah, Hotshot's robot mode is so terrible. It's barely a step up from G1 Nightbeat. And looking at it again just reaffirms my belief that powerlinking was far and away the worst gimmick ever to befall Transformers. Ugh, that little, stunted, square torso....

But, having said that, I'm sure I'll still purchase this when it becomes available. It's the closest we'll have to a Classics Nightbeat, and who knows... a new head could make a big difference for the figure (especially if the chin sits flush to the top of the torso, without the giraffe-neck-creating "chin-strap" that Hotshot has). Hopefully the great vehicle mode, color scheme, and character homage will offset the bad robot mode.

Additionally, it would make me feel that much more justified about shoehorning Energon Downshift into my Classics collection. At least he would have another crappy, gimmick-crippled Energon Autobot with whom to buddy-up. :p 

EDIT: After a bit of mulling I realized my post might sound overly negative or ungrateful. I actually think it was a pretty inspired idea on the part of FP to use this mold for Nightbeat... and giving us Nightbeat at all shows that they are doing their best to cater to fans' tastes. I think it is probably the most fitting mold they could have picked for the character. My griping stems only from the initial design of the figure, problems of which they undoubtedly a) are aware and b) have no control over. I think this could end up being a very nice figure.

20. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Why Nightbeat again? As if anybody really gave a crap about him before his Spotlight issue or since. Meh. Real disappointed it isn't Elita-1. I'll get the figure and give the mold a chance I just have no love for the character at all.