FT dibots+, anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by malware5, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Completely not interested.

The only thing I like about the TT Plus releases (when they're done to make old moulds more cartoon accurate) is that they at least still have the moulded details, while the current releases are completely lacking in details. And I like details.

Also, the Dinobots were always meant to be gold chrome and silver. Making the flaws of the cartoon the way MP's are made is a disservice. Not just to what they attempted to do, but also to the fans of the original toys. It's already bad enough TT has gone this direction, let's keep the 3rd party safe from it.

Truth be told, if the Gigapower Dinobots weren't so incredibly huge, I would've switched out my FT's for them a long time ago. Those look gorgeous with their details and paints, plus they look like bruisers. But I think FT's Dinobots are already too big, making Giga completely wrong for me.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of Sub-Atlantica

The + concept works with some figures. Wheeljack + was a must buy for me because of the toon accurate paint scheme. The differences between the Prowl and Sideswipe versions on the other hand are so minimal that I'm not remotely interested in swapping them out.

The main reason for not being interested in + Dibots might be my attachement to the G1 figures. They are the epitome of chromeness so I simply don't want my Dinobots to look 100% toon accurate. The DX9 Dinobots are extremely cute at their size but the plain toon aesthetics would take away too much from such huge figures and turn a sublime look into a really cheap one. And while I'm willing to swap out a $60 figure from time to time I'm not going to do this with figures worth almost $1000 - which I absolutely adore the way they are.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ultra Martin

Ultra Martin Well-Known Member

Not to begin to argue but really?
    Blows away the Fanstoys Dinobots:eek: ?
    I cannot believe that that's even possible:confused: .
    I do not own or even seen live a single one from Gigapower but from the pictures and reviews I've seen they look great but to say they're blowing away the Fanstoys versions....
    As allways it's a matter of taste but can you tell me what makes Gigapower so much better than Fanstoys Dibots?
    And please do understand I'm not trying to begin a discussion which company is better (which will allready be there on other threats:rolleyes: ) and I respect everyones opinion but I'm just curious why you make this statement.
    Pics would be nice too;) 

:useless 

4. fearthehoss75

fearthehoss75 Well-Known Member

Nope. Please stop tempting FT into wasting time on repaints. I would love to have more of their projects see the light of day

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

Will FT buy back the five Dinobots I already bought from them?

:cool: 

• Like Like x 4
  6. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Use my third party

no no I quoted you and added my own chirp that the release history shows for a fact that repaints/reissues cock block the new stuff. I vote finish everything new, then reissue. Obviously they need to milk molds for $$ but I'm selfishly more interested in finishing my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  7. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. (Pssst...he's crazy) Moderator

I'm ok with the originals as they are. They look like the Dinobots and they have some more detail to make them look "realistic" to me. Plus, I don't need to spend another $1000 on another set o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be tempted, I have to admit. While I don't doubt that Takara could knock out 'toon-accurate Dinobots, I DO doubt that they'd do all five of them at all, let alone within a decent span of time. FT could probably do it much more quickly as redecos, even with their own slowness and delays.

That said, I'm happy enough with their normal Dinobots, and to me they don't stand out too much next to very 'toon-oriented MPs from other companies.

9. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    I do like the ft version of Grimlock... maybe I’ll scoop it up.

[​IMG]

10. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

I would be in for a toon verison with flat colors, no chrome and transparent parts.

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

No way would I bother buying them all again. TT will never do them all (aka any besides Grimlock,) but if they did, I wouldn't buy those either because I'm not going to spend that money again...never mind what TT would charge now! But yeah, the ones I have already do the job fine. The only one that might be tempting to buy over again would be a proper sized Swoop.

12. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, I went all-in on the chrome Gigapower dinos, but I've heard so many good things about FT's that I'm curious. I'm not generally into the uber-cartoon "use white instead of silver" aesthetic, but a super toon version of the Dibots would give me an excuse to buy another set of Dinobots...

13. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Sure. But as you said, you don't know what time it would take. Because you don't work there. You don't even know what factory they use. It could take one day for all you know. Their release cadence is evidence of only one thing: They show prototypes sometimes a long time before shipping, and sometimes a short time before shipping. They've never said anything about "waiting for the factory" as far as I've seen. Have you seen them say anything like that before?

This is tea-leaf reading. There could be any number of reasons they didn't ship Jabber. Maybe it wasn't as "done" as you assume. Maybe they thought the market wasn't as robust because Blurr isn't a top-tier character, and there's competition with other 3P companies (see Trailbreaker). Just because the figure was postponed doesn't mean it was just waiting in line in the factory.

No, they just appear to like money. When it comes down to it, money is the most important reason companies make things. Not to fund subsequent items they're going to lose money on. o_O 

What does that have to do with factory capacity, exactly? Did they say anything like, "well, even though the figure is 100% done, it's going to the back of the line, and since our factory can only make one mold every eight weeks, you're all gonna have to wait"? Because I'd love to see them say anything like that.

They make what they want to make when they want to make it. No one on this board knows why. We are all guessing.

:rolleyes:  If this is all the evidence you need to "know" something, have I got some "science" for you. 15 Insane Things That Correlate With Each Other

14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can write all you want, does not change the fact that FT only ever released two things at a time just the one time. Also, I never mentioned "science", but because you did, all scientific studies starts from someone/multiple someone observing a correlation. Not all correlation lead to causation, but you can't deny that plenty do.

• Like Like x 1
  15. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You seem to be completely missing the point that ANY time spent on that is inherently a delay for the items that got pushed back to make production time for the repaint. That's really the nut of this entire discussion that you seem intent on dodging.

Oddly enough, I do know one of the facilities they use and their distribution center. But as noted elsewhere, I'm not in the business of volunteering that sort of information about 3Ps. Most of the rest of your post was already answered in parts of the post you quoted but seem to be ignoring.

16. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Read the first sentence of my previous post, then. If I was trying to dodge, why would it be the first thing I write?

Secret information is always the best information when making your point. That way, there’s no way to prove anything and everyone just has to trust you! Well played.
    “I have private investigators in Hawaii looking into his long form birth certificate, and they couldn’t believe the things they’re finding.”

• Like Like x 1
  17. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Except in this case it's entirely irrelevant whether or not I know anything about FT's operations, since the discussion was about simple concepts of serial production. You claimed that no one knows anything about FT's operations. I was merely pointing out that you are wrong about that. But the discussion was about the fact that delays are caused when repaints are introduced into a production roadmap, not about trying to estimate the length of those delays. If someone claimed a particular delay is XX weeks in length, they might need to support that with evidence. But this discussion was just about delays being a fact of life when producing products and in particular when sliding another product into the stream ahead of other products.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  18. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

I think I prefer them to release Trailbreaker, Blitzwing, Astrotrain... oh wait, almost forgot about Seaspray Brawn Beachcomber... I can't even keep up with where my money went.

let's not put more on their plate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A cool idea but I have neither the room for yet another set of MP-scale Dinobots or the desire to spend another $1,000 for all 5 of these again.

20. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aaaawwww, come on. Even if you set aside the cell shading effect (which I personally like) and acknowledge that these aren't FT figures. you gotta admit it's still a pretty cool look.
    (c\of Wilestbilame)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2