FT-03 Quakewave. Is it time for a new figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by PANTSMAN1973, Sep 16, 2019.

?

If Fans Toys released an updated Masterpiece style Shockwave, what would you do?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. Stick with my FT-03 Quakewave

19 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Stick with my MP 29 Lazerwave

27 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. I would buy an updated FT version

28 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. I don't have any versions of a Masterpiece style Shockwave

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. I don't care one way or the other!

10 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Hard to believe but FT-03 Quakewave is 6 years old now! It was the Third Party Masterpiece style figure released and at the time looked incredible. But 6 years later it is in my opinion beginning to look bit dated. Don't get me wrong, I still love this figure and have three figures in my collection. But arguably better figures (not just Shockwave's) have been released since then and are more toon accurate and have better transformation and accessories.

Takara's version is a great looking figure but lacks the presence and quality of Quakewave.

My question. is it time for Fans Toys to revisit this one and give us a toon accurate version that is of decent height? Takara are doing this all the time now.

If they did, would you buy it? There is a poll for those that like to fill in little round circles as well.

2. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently swapped him out for Quakeblast. I like the curved shin/foot vs square. And, in my opinion, the darker purple of the original toy looks better than the odd purple of Quakewave and the lavender of the MP. I also like that Quakeblast is larger than the MP

• Like Like x 6
  3. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of Sub-Atlantica

Of the 3 MP Shockwaves (FT, C9, TT) I still prefer Quakewave. I'd buy a leg upgrade for him though. But I remember saying this years ago and don't believe it's going to happen anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  4. astrotrain1975

astrotrain1975 FT-44 Thomas is my precious.

I bought the original MP-29 and sold it shortly after. The lack of paint really made it look cheap to me. I then bought Quakeblast and it's a great figure. Unfortunately it doesn't fit in with the toon aesthetic of the rest of my collection. MP-29+ is a definite improvement over the original, but is overpriced. If Fanstoys produced a more toony version of Quakewave, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I’m very satisfied with my 29+. My Shockwave days are behind me .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Im good with what I have. (Both Quakewave and Quakeblast). Ill eventually pickup the MP at a good price, but Im just not in a hurry.

My MP excitement has really been dying down since Takara went so “toony”. Since the announcement of Bee 2, its all but gone. I just dont care like I used to and I only have a short list of characters I want. Nearly all of them either out or announced at this point.

Another Shockwave? Nah.
    Another Soundwave? Nah.
    Another Prime? Not for the the current asking price -Maybe if there is a US Release for $200.
    Another Bumble Bee? Absolutely not -Especially at $100+. No, definitely not.

Nope. Im in my sunset collecting years and just want to feel “done”. I have zero interest in revisiting characters that Im satisfied with the current offerings.

Shxt. Maybe tho. Thinking about it... I can’t say that Im completely satisfied.

A new FT Shockwave with the sculpt and paint that we are seeing from them today? Damn it. Yep. Id be in.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. HanDy

HanDy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't like to white knight nothing neither i consider myself a fanboy of anything, but that statement is purely subjective at least..

8. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Ebay:
    I got the FT-03T and I am happy with it. Bot mode looks really nice and alt mode nice and blocky with enough details.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Cloud 9 took care of most of the issues with the mold.

• Like Like x 7
  10. corduroy

corduroy Well-Known Member

don’t do this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Heavy Metal Flamewar

News Credits:
    Quakeblast would still crush it. It will forever remain my MP Shockwave.

Move along.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

I had replaced my Quakewave with MP Shockwave and felt like I had downgraded. An upgrade to Quakewave already exists: its called Quakeblast.

• Like Like x 5
  13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

With the backlog that FT already has, would this really be neccessary. It must be exhausting needing an perpetually update to every figure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

There's quite an embarrassment of riches for an MP Shockwave. An IDW-style, MMC or Planet X Ultra-scale Shockwave would be welcome.

15. Instrumentsofdestruction

Instrumentsofdestruction Active Member

It might be an unusual choice, but I settled on this guy for my definitive Shockwave. The Cloud 9 black version. Come on, tell me he doesn't look gorgeous!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  16. Blair Bear Tokyo

Blair Bear Tokyo Active Member

I have the FT but I like the changes C9 made; but not enough to buy another figure. The MP has always looked cheap to me. More importantly, there is no character to the MP. I don’t think he has any presence on a shelf.

If I didn’t have a Shockwave, I’d buy C9.

But I don’t think we really need a new one. I’d rather FT rerelease some of their other Decepticons.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

I might bite. I got Quakewave, and it does look dated and too blocky for me. I got the MP too, and although it looks more refined to me it lacks the finish. I like the scale of Quakewave better too.

18. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    We got an updated Quakewave already. It was called Quakeblast, and it just didn't say "Fans Toys" on the box.

• Like Like x 1
  19. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Maybe... Depends on the look and all that. But honestly, not sure it would be worth while for FT or not, as MP-29+ is relatively recent, and not the same as MP-13 which is old now and have fans hungry for an update.

I have a KO of the Regular MP-29, and i think i got him for 40$ (no + options for KO). I used to have QW when he first came out, but sold him as i was coming out of MP decepticons, and then got QB, but didnt like him and sold him. MP-29 will be a good enough permanent, or stand in in case a better KO comes out, or a 2.0 FT version if it really is that awesome looking like their Soundwave 2.0 or Seaspray 2.0. But again, i am not they would even want to bother at this point for QW 2.0

20. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I think that's called Quakeblast.
    FansToys had a chance to update the mold, or re-do the mold, but nope. Just a couple re-issues.
    Meanwhile Cloud 9 made one way better. And way cheaper. You can still get it, go get it!

• Like Like x 2