Friendly neighborhood Spiderman #3: Spoilers

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Dec 7, 2005.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Definately going to have to pick this one up. And then Exiles for Spidey 2099, I was hoping he'd be back someday.

2. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

I didnt mean the whole story arc, I meant the actual death scene of Superman from the Death of Superman, hence why I said "then they ripped off the death of Superman when he died?" I understood what I was saying. Sorry if I didnt make that clear :D  My bad. And yes, I am sure that it was more coherent and better written, since every other line from Superman was "Great Scott, I've never been hit so hard! I have to fight like I have never fought before!" :rolleyes2  But again what I was refering to was the actual death scene. Sorry about that :thumb 

3. Draven2575

Draven2575 The name is BLUESTREAK!!

spiderman 2099 ROCKED!!!
    guess i'll dl i mean buy these books

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, looks like I have to get Exiles now. I love Spiderman 2099. He was awesome in Captain Marvel.

As for this arc, I want the art from that last page. I WANT IT!

5. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

You mean the Spiderman fighting Maestro? Thought that was who that was.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep

7. Draven2575

okay so i just finished dl.. i mean buying these books; spidey goes through the whole mutate thing(somewhat), and is dying, and some no name 'super' villian keeps on popping up, then kicks the shit out of spider man, and kills him (only to be killed by spidey)...AND HE'S A FULL FLEDGED AVENGER?!?!?!
    and of course we have the whole 'evolve or die headline on the comics'...so i'm guessing (like everyone else has said) spidey is going to get a healing factor, organic web shooters, and maybe something else (just so it goes with the movies).
    this is almost as bad as the clone saga
    if it ain't broke, don't fix it

8. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Actually, the organic web shooters he already got during the Avengers Disassembled arc, plus they took an extra step and added something to his spider-sense so he could 'talk' with insects. I don't see why they're messing with his powers again so soon though. There is nothing else to add to go along with the movie version. There is no reason to change his powers at all really. There was nothing wrong with them before before Disassembled and there is nothing wrong with them now. As you said, "if it aint broke, don't fix it". Still "The Other" has been a pretty good story. I look forward to how it turns out at least. I just hope they don't change Spidey too much.

9. Draven2575

the HELLL!!!!!!!!!??!??
    organic webshooters and can talk to insects!
    what the hell!?
    damn you marvel for screwing up a good character

10. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

Whoa... where have you been for the past 2 years? As already stated, Spiderman got organic webshooters and the ability to talk to bugs during the Avengers Disassembled arc. They seem to have forgotten about the talking to bugs thing, I can't even think of it being in another issue other than the one where he got the ability.

Spiderman's also been a full-fledged avenger since the beginning of New Avengers along with Luke Cage and Spiderwoman. They were asked to join the team once Cap decided to re-form it after the huge super villian jail break from the first two issues. Wolverine and Sentry are also now full-fledged Avengers, though their recruitment was much more indirectly related to the jailbreak.

The "no-name" villian is Morlun, he's from JMS' first story-arc on Amazing Spiderman, which is where the whole "Did your powers come from the Spider or the radiation" thing and the mutating started off, really. Basically, Morlun feeds off the life-force of people with animalistic powers, and his next target was Spiderman. Through the help of a guy named Ezekial, who has the same powers as Spiderman(not getting into this right now), spiderman managed to beat him, though just barely, and very nearly died in the process. How he's come back is a mystery.

I think that pretty much covers everything.

11. Draven2575

okay i remember the bs of the whole 'did the spider give you the powers before it died of radiation or did the radiation give the spider the ability to transfer its' powers to you'
    still that 'Morlun' is a pretty lame character.. if he feeds off the life force of 'animalistic' powers, then doc ock, scorpion, vulture, rhino... should have been on his hit list too (along with the wasp, antman, that hawk guy,..etc)
    still,
    if it ain't broke, don't fix it

also if they're going to change spiderman, might as well kill off peter and bring in miguel o'hara (by the way i love spiderman 2099, since he was transformed into a human spider hybrid-i.e talons, white eyes, ORGANIC webshooters..and a kickin' costume)

12. Frequency

They kind of touched upon why Morlun didn't go after the other animal characters in that arc. Basically all of the other characters were acting off of some primitive instinct that drew them to their animal totem, while Peter had direct contact with the source of his powers... he was "pure" while the others were just pretenders. It was the purity that Morlun craved.

Also, I can't be the only one that really doesn't think this transformation will amount very little change. The organic web-shooters run out after a time too, so nothing changed story-wise. As for getting a healing factor, Spiderman heals pretty damn fast as it is. Unless they're talking about regenerating body parts and such, and I can't see Spiderman taking that kind of beating on a regular enough basis to count.

13. Draven2575

surprised they haven't pulled the 'hey peter.. you're a MUTANT too'
    or maybe they will (the whole 'evolve or die')

spiderman an x-man???

14. Frequency

They did that already, in the 90's. Noone speaks of it. Ever. It's considered worse than Clone Saga.

15. Draven2575

WHAAAAAAAAA?!?!?! :sly2: 
    when did this happen? i kinda stopped somewhere after 'round robin'

16. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Really good issue, I've been waiting for JMSs arc since I read the terrible Peter David arc. Also, I don't think Spider-Man's dead. We've seen the next few covers, we know he transforms. I'm guessing this has a lot to do with what happened in the Dissassembled arc from Spectacular. I'm thinking he's gonna lose the organic shooters, and basically go back to being Spider-Man and not Man-Spider-Creature-Totem-Hybryd.

17. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As much as I am disinterested in the whole "Other" storyline, the fact that Pat Lee is involved with it makes me loathe it even more.

18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Um, no, no they didn't. That whole "Spidey is a mutant and joins the X-Men" thing was an April Fools joke Marvel did along with Wizard. Wizard even said so in the next issue. I should know. I have both of those issues.

19. Draven2575

oh man, that would be super sweet!

20. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I picked up the issue tonight, not too bad. Can't wait for the next one.

Of course now, since he's dead, they can do the "Funeral for a Spider" storyline. And then, 4 "Spider-men" will rise up in a year long storyline called "Reign of the Spider-men", before Spidey FINALLY returns with long hair.