Free Comic Book Day 2014

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lazerwave, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I participated for the first time. Here are 15 random pictures chronicling my adventure.

I would have liked to walk away with some crazy haul, but I just kept it simple. I walked away with some newer issues I wanted to read, no big deal. There was a minor sale on them so that helped :D 

2. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty much the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy movie, in comic form, with Flash Venom. The Thanos and Spidey story were okay.

Wasn't thrilled with the Mega Man X/Sonic comic.

Street Fighter was decent. I'm going to proceed to collect all the hardcover volumes.

Haven't read GI Joe/Transformers yet.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    My brother and I got:

Transformers/gijoe
    Batman beyond
    All you need is kill
    Steam wars
    Hip hop family tree
    Hello kitty and friends (for my brother's gf)
    2 different buck rogers books
    2 of the batman/joker heroclix set
    And 4 unpainted warhammer trooper sets

4. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    My friends and I were going to go to Free Comic Book Day, but we got there an hour before the comic shop we choose was going to open and the line was wrapped all the way around the building with cars lined up all down the nearby street and a cop standing guard outside the parking lot with more people still coming.

At that point we basically said 'screw this' and went over to the nearby Barnes and Noble and hung out.

One friend told me it didn't used to be that bad going on Free Comic Book Day, but apparently things changed quite a bit.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Was going to go last year, but ended up not. Actually got a chance to go out this year, and while I only got one of the comics I set out to get (comic shops around here are far and few between), I still had some fun. I'm going to try and make it out to the one comic shop later today to see if they have any leftovers. That said I have a bad feeling that I either won't get the chance to get out there, or if I do they won't have any of the comics I would still like to get (MMPR, GotG, and TFvsGIJ).

I also bought a couple of comics to add to my collection, and got something that honestly probably isn't anything to really get excited over, but it makes me happy. I'm not sure who it's by (they had left by the time I got there), but I got a signed sketch that according to the shop rep there is by a TMNT comic artist. I'm having a really hard time reading the signature, so I haven't ID'd who it's supposed to be by yet. It's also one of 250 that they did for them. I also entered to win one of two larger sketches by them of Raph and... Scratch I think it was.

For my first FCBD, I think it went pretty good. I'm still going to try and get the comics I missed, but I still had some fun. I'll also be a tad better prepared for next year.

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

There was a Batman Beyond comic?

Dammit!!!

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You do know there's been a very good Batman Beyond/Superman Beyond/Justice League Beyond comic every single month for the past few years, right?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he meant a FCBD Batman Beyond and I think netkid meant Futures End

I didn't see a Batman Beyond labeled comic, but I would've grabbed it if I saw it. Would've also grabbed that Mouse Guard hardcover.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was the only Terry comic today. But I just wanted to point out the regular series just in case. It's been consistently very good, yet it seems to fly under the radar of most people even though there are still so many fans of the show.

10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Yes I know there are regular Batman Beyond comics. I have bought every issue even though I haven't had the chance to read any of them yet.

MY question was that I did not know there was a BB free comic for FCBD.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well, I ended up not getting any of the actual comics I wanted, but I went out for the enjoyment of FCBD :D  My kiddo got some comics for her to read, I got some back issues I needed, and just had fun.

Thanks comic shops :thumb 

12. AZSirwave

AZSirwave Россия

Ditto ^. The store I went to was all out of the issues I was wanting, but I did pick up quite a few back issues of several series for 50% off. Also two trades for 35% off. Gotta love these sales!

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Yep, Also when I was first in line I got a free soda out of it.

14. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I didn't get Mouse guard,would of liked that one.Did anyone else get rub on tattoos? the boys got that and the girls got disney infinite keychain type things.This was thier first one and they loved it.I don't think i'll ever be able to go alone again.Here are some pics of them with some of the cosplayers.

This dudes wife was with and and i told her i was sorry for killing her in the game.He said it happens all the time.
    [​IMG]

Here they are with a speeder biker dude.
    [​IMG]

Tried to get one with all of us,but that raider was easily distracted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was the whole reason they wanted to go.It was all they talked about for 2 weeks.This dude was actually funny.My daughter asked him if he keep skark repellent in his untilty belt.I thought it was funny....
    [​IMG]

15. Remington

Remington Banned

I got Mouse Guard and Kaboom Summer Special! I also got a free Heroclix figure of Supernova from Guardians of the Galaxy.

16. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

that batman beyond issue is epic

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went on Sunday. Was busy Saturday. They still had a bunch of leftover stuff. Just got the TF/GIJoe comic & Power Rangers.

18. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

My shop only allows 3 per person (they used to allow as many as you wanted but only 1 of each). I brought the wife and got her to get me 3 more though. Plus I was sneaky and grabbed a couple extra. They're free dammit. Then I went back the next day and got a couple more.

Don't judge me.

19. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Will Comixology have it downloadable eventually?

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    One of the places I went to was allowing up to four per person, and the friend I was with didn't want any, so I had him pick me up four in-addition to what I got. I do wish I had gone out to the one place yesterday, but I'm going to try and make it out there tomorrow. I don't expect them to have any left, but who knows, I might get lucky. The only two that I really want are the MMPR and TFvsGIJ comics.