Frank Welker could voice Megatron in TF2!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by silentdarth, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Why Frank wouldn't do it isn't the issue. We know he'd be up for it - he auditioned for the part in the first place.
    The question is why he wouldn't be given the job. Which has been explained and explained ad infinitum already, but still people seem to think it's a possibility.

IT'S. NOT. HAPPENING.

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Weaving seems to fit the current megatron designs. Until Megs reformats to an earth vehicle from excess damage, or some major damage happens that would entail a reason behind a new voice, I say keep weaving. Work welker in somehow differently later. For now, barring interaction to autobots in front of humans, I don't expect megatron to even use english. It would make no sense.

It makes sense in relation to autobots near humans, as it creates despair to the humans who do understand his words as he pummels prime. But without them present, why would he sully his visage with fleshy speech?

Barring the tactics behind the use, I think he'd berate the autobots for the usage as opposed to using it himself because of his massive ego of superiority over weak fleshlings.
    Ditto to the rest of the decepticons, barring human interaction, or fear striking awe, there's no justification for english speaking.

The autobots use it, because this is now their home, and they want to understand and blend to it, and make it feel home, which includes getting used to speaking like it, and the various phrases. The movie novel covers the whys quite well on the autobot end.

3. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Oops double post.

4. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I believe we should let someone else voice the role. What's going tohappen in the near future if someone else decides to make a transformers movie, but Frank Welker has passed away? Do they say " Oh well, Frank's dead. Can't make a transformers movie without him!"

5. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:

[snippage]

Megatron and Starscream used it amongst themselves.

<-- wants to keep Hugo for ROTF

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

YOUR A BUZZ KILL

Honestly you rule it out like its set in stone as just so matter of fact.

The only reason we got weaving is because Bay had his heart on both Optimus and Megs being stars to push the movie plus it gives cred to him to say i have worked with these guys.

Then Bay lost that war on Cullen because it was resoundingly obvious to not cast cullen was going to be a problem.

I find it funny people still make the same arguement over welker that they did before Cullen got the role.

There were folks saying Cullen was to cartoony and it could never work. Boy werent they wrong and its amazing the Best voice for movie optimus was G1 Optimus.

Im not saying its a slam Dunk for Welker but it also isnt impossible like so many imply.

Thats the end of story right there. Your explanations that have been done to "infinitium" only work if you refuse to accept the other side of that arguement as a possibilty. So really its less of an explanation as it is an opinion. Welker could do this movie role tommorow and make it sound like you would never believe possible. All it takes is direction and voice manipulation just like they did with Weaving.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Robocop sucked when they changed the actor. So did Batman. Why does anyone expect them to do it with Transformers?

8. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    They secretly hate Hugo Weavings disorted voice?
    [Shrugs] I honestly hope they keep him.

9. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i hate to say this but peter weller was in both movies.. so i can see them using frank or someone else

10. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Peter Weller wasn't in Robocop 3.

But as for Batman, waittaminute, Christian Bale.....

11. Tut-uncommon

Tut-uncommon Evil Femmecon

Ebay:
    Absolutely! People in 'the biz' still try to go for 'star power' over real TALENT, and Welker's got plenty of that. Put him and Cullen together in the recording booth and see what happens next! It would be pure awesomeness.

We've got to keep up the clamor for Welker as Megatron. Remember, contracts get re-written every day and Weaving may end up with another project to do! Break out your candles and voodoo dolls, whatever it takes!
    May the best voice actor get the part!

--Tut

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ugh

*sigh*

i dont know why i stumble into these topics anymore :p 
    guess i'm just curious to see if people are STILL talking about this. and they are.... bleh

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Because pipe dreams are funny? :p 

14. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    thier a magnet

15. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I think I remember seeing somewhere awhile back that Weaving would NOT be reprising his role as Megatron....so the part was open to Frank Welker...Now, this could have been a total rumor, and I don't know if I read it on this website or another or if it is even true..who is to say...I'm more concerned about Soundwave's voice than Megs anymore...

Weaving did a fine job (not the greatest though, kinda like Agent Smith as Megatron)...so If he's back, awesome....if Welker gets to do it...awesome...either way..The only thing I think needs to be added to his voice is a little more Cunning and slyness....Megatron has always been to me, a strategic villian. And sue me, because I personally think Welker added this a element a bit better...but it's not like he had a whole lot of lines in the last movie to display this so maybe it'll show up anyways...I really think Megatron needs a couple lines that are a little bit more intelligent sounding...instead of ..."Minnee!!...Allspark-a!!" And again, one thing that did bug me though(even though Weaving's performance was descent)is that after watching the movie for the 100th time all I can hear is agent smith as Megatron. They may need to tweak his voice a little more, and add some metal. Because honestly it doesn't sound like Megatron to me...it just sounds like Agent Smith with a cold.

16. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if Welker could do Megs in the sequel but alas we will probably never see it. I mean we were lucky to get Peter Cullen with Michael Bay directing.

17. Mooseakolopsatron

Mooseakolopsatron Well-Known Member

Umm what are you talking about, Weaving's name wasn't mentioned in any of the trailers at all. The only people who knew he was doing Megatron before the movie came out were us - the fans.

18. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Actually if I may add someone how hasen't done a voice for megatron?

My choices would be as follows:
    Here are some G1 picks

Tim Currey
    Bill Nighy

Prefered picks

I know this sounds wierd, but I would like, but
    Sam elliott, or
    Ian McKellen

19. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Sam Elliot was my second choice for Ironhide (no prizes for guessing who the first choice was..:cool: ).

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well I don't have a problem with Welker coming back as the voice of Megatron. My only beef is Megatron was killed.
    Bay and the writers made the mistake of killing him IN THE FIRST MOVIE, so he's dead. As far as I'm concerned Megatron is gone and forgotten.