FP Steel Core Trailer Preorders Live Sept. 19th

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AlphaFool, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine today! He looks great!

2. Formerfan

Formerfan Well-Known Member

Me too! I totally forgot we had more of these coming and was blown away when this guy showed up in the mail yesterday. There's nothing like getting unexpected and free 3rd-party transformer stuff in the mail. I'm so glad the my Smart Robin finally has a proper face. Had a hunch that FP Core was going to make the Steel Core freebies worthwhile and they did not disappoint!

It's cool that it sounds like there may be one more coming too around the end of the year. While I'm excited to see it, I'm also going to do my best to forget that it's on the horizon so that it can be a surprise again.

3. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Finally got the video review up for this item. I love it since I've been wanting a facemask for my Smart Robin. I bought the MegaMoonMan add-on and also show a comparison with that.

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ37Q08SKc0

And for those asking why it's number 2 of 3, it's because FPCORE told me directly to number it that way. They considered Ruthen part of the Trailer purchase and Osmi was the first figure. The last bonus will arrive before the end of the year or January 2016.

~Paik

Attached Files:

4. motorthing

motorthing Chilhampton St Peter War Memorial Society

News Credits:
    Can. Not. Wait.

But I'll have to........

5. Goldbolt

Goldbolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine today. Looks pretty cool.

So does anyone have a Smart Robin for sale? I'm not used to having upgrades for figures I don't own.

6. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

huh, didn't even know this was out yet, well people seem to be still receiving them, hope mine shows soon.

Edit, turns out it showed up yesterday, my wife just forgot to tell me. It is a really nice sculpt, but I am not sure if I will display it with the new one. The bare face gives the group some diversity of appearance, otherwise it kind of looks like a meeting of the face plate lovers club.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  7. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  8. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

Will someone with both please post comparison pics of the new and old head in both modes.. Thank you for your time and consideration

9. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Did you check Paik's video?

10. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

Not yet I'm trolling for a minute here and there at work.. I'll check it tonight when I get home.. Thank you i may not have stopped to watch it .. Hopefully mine is waiting for me when I get home

11. G1Countdown

G1Countdown Micromaster Commander

This post is strictly my feelings and not anyone elses - If I implied otherwise, I was only referring to my opinion. And, I have a feeling it'll make me unpopular. These are just my thoughts on the membership and the figures.

Fansproject Core said:

"The next bonus item is finished and will be ready to be delivered to our Premium Members shortly.
    If you have a change... ...shipped.
    As for the final bonus item, we are working feverishly on it so that it is completed and delivered by the end of the year. In January 2016, we will be launching a new membership to include products and all of the new ideas we have been working with in the background.
    Moving forward, we have made the decision to extend the first year membership to include the remainder of the months of 2015 ending on December 31st, 2015. This will help us to standardize the timing of memberships to fall within one calendar year."

My Reply & thoughts:

This last paragraph doesn't make sense to me. I'm not trying to seem negative, but I don't see this as an extension. I just see this as honoring the manufacturing and shipping commitment to the last bonus item that was part of the agreement for the membership as described at launch/sign up. (unless I am misunderstanding something and that is possible) An extension, would entail some of the bonuses that are apart of this 2015 membership being applied in an 'extra or extension'. And, I don't see that in the words that were written. What I read, is that despite running late in delivering the bonus figures (which I have no issue with as long as they arrive), Fansproject Core, as an honorable business will honor the terms of the membership and ship the last bonus item as promised despite not meeting deadlines. That is something I applaud, I appreciate FP Core honoring the last bit of the membership. Thank you!

And, I am sure that FP Core have read some of the frustrated posts on this most recent bonus item (which clearly isn't unanimous - I understand some people really love this most recent bonus item). I would have to agree with what posts I have read expressing concern. This last bonus was kinda out in left field, imo. This bonus headmaster figure is amazing, Great sculpt work and excellent quality. But, if the membership program revolved around Steel Core, the headmaster just doesn't work and never should have been a bonus figure this year - unless a headmaster body is the next bonus figure which would be too good to be true, and way too expensive for FP Core to be feasible. I don't expect this to occur, nor do I believe it should. If next years membership revolved around a headmaster, then I would say, it should have been released in 2016 and not in fact for the 2015 membership. Keep in mind the disappointment felt around this particular figure isn't because the figure is subpar, its because it is extremely incoherent with the theme that I believed I understood. And that is where I think this membership has faltered. There should be a clear theme, all bonus items as part of this membership should go with the main figure/item that this particular years membership is based off of. And, that clearly didn't happen which has caused rumblings and confusion online.

I'll also admit I am not so thrilled about receiving comics, or artwork as part of the bonus items. Although FP Core never specified what the bonus items would be for 2015, there appeared to be no issue to let us all assume that they would be physical figures, or accessories such as the Core figures. Heck, I always assumed that we would get accessories such as weapons/gimmicks and the what not for the trailer. But, artwork, comics, short stories, and the like will be disapointing, and I don't see myself renewing on this alone and that is a dealbreaker.

As for the communication issues, the only thing that disturbed me was the lack of communications on the delay, and the lack of communication on the shipping of this most recent bonus item. The communication was subpar. On a similar note, the rest of the membership program, such as exclusive items/offers, an online community seem to have faltered as well. Which honestly doesn't bother me that much, but seem to have bothered others much more.

In summary: FP Core make amazing figures. The theme this year was incoherent, & on that note the most recent bonus item was disappointing. The theme for 2016 needs to be coherent. Communication is nice, do that. The little things such as exclusives/community portion of FP Core was lacking/missing. Complete that for 2016. I personally am not thrilled for artwork and the like. And, although I enjoyed the membership I personally won't renew with the bonus items listed as they are for 2016.

Well that is my two cents on this. Take it for what it is worth, if it is worth anything. Probably not.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  12. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    I don't think there was ever a theme mentioned in FPCore, just cool Fansproject stuffs.

They also haven't announced what will be available for 2016, and it's a good bet that it'll be an add on to whatever their next exclusive is.

13. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is odd is that next year, FPC will likely be using Alpha Trianix, a TRIPLE HEARTMASTER as the "member exclusive" item to solicit "memberships"

Given that, next year's membership will have to include another heartmaster (or two?) I don't mind those guys, since i like 'em, but if they're going to sell headmasters as part of the membership, they should be offering Smart Robin (or color variant Combes Robin), and other F(x) molds as well

We kept hearing that Combes Robin, color-accurate Code, and other F(X) guys could be available on FPC, but multiple stores in Asia and Canada (including FPC's own storefront, A3U) have been able to sell them

so why the hell is there such a lag to put up orders for products already produced and stocked elsewhere

14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The things that, if it were setup properly, FPCORE should sell are the exclusives. They can have one TRUE exclusive a year to get the subscription rolling, such as the Steelcore trailer or the supposed Trianix Alpha. Then have a storefront and sell things like Combes Robin, Positum, Knight, Virus, Code 0, the Diaclone Lost Realm Dinobots, and the Dinoking shells. That way people who can't make the conventions have an outlet, and the conventions still get them first. Give members a reason to buy them there by making them the same price as the conventions instead of the usual retail markup.

15. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    good post countdown....

that was the crux of my concern. not that we're getting a free item and not that it wasn't made well,cuz it is, but the issue was, and i can't be the only one with this problem, i don't own a smart robin. hell i only have one function x figure and that's comes robin....a figure by the way that various reviewers and sources said would be available on fpcore's website yet wasn't. i just found it odd they'd just assume i'd have something to use with this headmaster. like they just assume we all buy all their stuff and that's just not the case. they have plenty of options for mini figures out there with solerons, targetmasters, those melee targetmasters, or even G1 micromaster sized bots they could do. what about a new color of their diaclone pilots from the super exclusive tf con dinobots? but to give out something you specifically need a certain kind of figure for and just assuming we all have it just boggles my mind to no end.

16. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Just got my face-plated Smart Robin headmaster mini-figure in the mail. I was not expecting it at all, so that was a nice surprise! Really does make the combined figure that much more cooler as I was never a fan of the stern frowny face (like he just caught a whiff of someone's fart) that the original head had.

17. thelastson82

thelastson82 Ankle tilts!

News Credits:
    On the flip side, Smart Robin is probably one of FP's most popular figure, and a lot of people have shown interest for an option with a faceplate since before it was initially released. They could've just sold it to everyone, but instead they gave it away for free which they didn't have to do. They could've just sent everyone a FPC postcard as the freebie and called it a day.

Also, who's to say that they won't offer any of those figures that you listed in the future? It might be best to make the suggestions on their Facebook page since they appear to be more active there.

18. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you don't own smart robin, what are you doing with your life?

its got one of the best transformations ever

EVER

19. yoonakron

yoonakron Welcome to you're "doom!"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fact.

20. HemanPrime

HemanPrime Well-Known Member

2016 membership

Sold both free items on ebay.... Bids for both combined came in higher than what I paid for steel core's trailer...... I mean the membership. I'll be signing up for 2016 for sure. $$$$$$$$$$