FP Steel Core Trailer Preorders Live Sept. 19th

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AlphaFool, Sep 12, 2014.

1. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm lucky to have time occupied so that time seems to pass faster. We deal in personalities and not cogs. When all is said and done, we have awesome looking things to distract us from a crazy ass world - we say things on the forums that may be motivated by an unrelated thing that happened during our regular daily routine. It's only when we log off that we say, they're just toys or even these guys that run FPCore have families and other real life joys. Maybe that's when the entitlement become more than merely words on the screen. Good rule of thumb... This room's expressed angst is contained to this room. We like the shit we have, but we love the people in our lives.

2. Peter Bazooka

Peter Bazooka Monsterbot

To build a community you actually have to communicate which FPCore seems averse to doing for whatever reason.

3. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I feel the same way OZ.

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow....lots of clean up :D 

You know, I have to say it's kind of hard to stay "positive" when all that FPCore has shown us is the awkward silence. Am I upset? No. Sure, as a "community" we're supposed to help each other out. But to what capacity? Provide solutions to a problem? Sure. But why does being asked that feels like we're.....employees of FPCore instead of customers/members? Isn't that the responsibility to those who have failed to keep their promises to us? Why are we, the customers supposed to do their work for them? Throw suggestions out there? Now that sounds more like something we can get behind. But here's the problem with that. Spence noted (in a now deleted post) that people had 20 other projects going on when this whole shebang started. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but it highlights the fact that people were possibly spread thin. What that meant to me was that FPCore did not have the resources to manage this "project." What that also means to me is that there's a hint of incompetence in that no one there thought this out very thoroughly. And unfortunatelly, that impression is sticking. I think at this point, it'll be hard to get rid of that impression too.

And that's a shame. This idea/project would have succeeded if they had handled it better, and had been better about communication. It's really not that hard to do that.....but in this case, I guess it is? Yeah, life can be busy, but when you're at work, you do have duties to carry out. Failing that is bad form. Everyone's frustration with A3U/FPCore is understood. Me personally, I just chose not to bother with either of those entities until they show me why I should even care. Choices are indeed great. And I've made mine :)  That's my positivity in all this.

5. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    Wow. Just.........wow. Where to even start with this?

That people were sold a package deal that thus far hasn't been delivered, and that people were also sold on the idea of add d value with a purpose built community that also hasn't happened would be bad enough for any straight, upfront honest business to try putting some kind of public face on..........but this?

Basically the Customer "isn't positive enough" that's the response? And it's "irrational" to express concern or displeasure about the way this subscription has gone?

There isn't enough Internet Ink and Cyberspace to convey exactly what is wrong with this, but you know what FP, FPC, A3U and "Spence" you win. I actually don't care enough about Fansproject, you, your crappy, awful, borderline dishonest, self serving "club" or anything else you do, say or God knows maybe even get around to making, to go on with this nonsense. Well done.

No doubt that won't be positive enough either. Good day.

6. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They removed my entire responses but left that post, which is what's triggering these new responses by others who feel the same way.

7. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    So I can expect my righteous flaming last act of indignation to disappear too then? :D 

Well that's healthy. Good job I really am done in here.

8. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Regarding FPCore, I will say this: The association has done nothing but harm Fansproject's standing.

From insane shipping charges, multiple delays, snark, a failure to deliver on the initial premise of a club set up how long ago now(?), screw ups that cost me money at customs (declaring 2 Steelcores at full price on the shipping label - I only purchased one) and a complete and utter failure at responding to emails, to me they represent the very worst in customer service, organisation and class.

Fair play to those seeing it through and defending them. You're seeing something I'm not here, and I hope you get your money and times worth.

I bought Riftshot and Recoiler from a reseller. And gladly. And I'll do the same again.

FP need to drop their association with A3U but I gather their ties run pretty deep. So be it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  9. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

This is where I'm at.

10. mynameisxinxin

mynameisxinxin Active Member

I think FP Core answer our frustrations, the site just posted new message asking members to update the shipping address.

11. OptionZero

News Credits:
    Again?

12. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Not sure if that's really "answering" per se. But it is an indication that they will be shipping the 2nd bonus out of 3 that was promised. Kind of wondering though, since the 2nd year of membership hasn't even been "renewed" or anything, I wonder what's going to happen moving forward?

In case people moved or something.

13. OptionZero

News Credits:
    Their last update was also something about updating shipping addresses

But I guess when you have that much of a delay between updates, that's what you gotta do

14. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    i'd check it a few times between now and the 13th.

it reset the last time so better safe than sorry.....maybe we should send them mass messages bitching more often they're sending out a few item pretty quick after we went at them.

15. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    Windows 98 is no longer supported. Upgrading's a bitch I hear ;) 

16. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    Hopefully this is that nice little head that's been talked about but that I haven't seen.

17. OptionZero

News Credits:
    It's pretty insane we haven't even seen what it is

Surprise factor isn't as meaningful as showing some sign of life to your prepaid customers

18. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Enough of us must've asked the question to light a fire under their ass.

Good job, teamwork.

19. yoonakron

yoonakron Welcome to you're "doom!"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update on their site:

https://www.fpcore.com/news/2015/10/05/fpcore-premium-membership-announcement

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know what jumped out at me?

sorry, but that's a huge letdown. If I pay for a club membership, I don't want a poster or whatnot... I want a figure.