FP Steel Core Trailer Preorders Live Sept. 19th

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AlphaFool, Sep 12, 2014.

1. acave720

acave720 Well-Known Member

I will be at TFCON and i will ask them.

2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Persistently, I hope

3. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    we're counting on you man....don't take no for an answer...

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Multiple people should bring this up at TFcon Charlotte. Ask FansProject directly, ask Ages 3 and Up. This project was dropped hardCORE.

5. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not much of a message. Those refunds usually come out of YOUR bank's pocket. It's not like they have direct access to FPCore's bank account and just deduct the funds... every single membership could be refunded by the purchasers' banks and in all likelihood FPCore would not even be aware.

6. acave720

acave720 Well-Known Member

Oh I won't. I have 2 full days there. I will bug the shit out of them.

7. MaddChiLLMitch

MaddChiLLMitch SG Decepticon

I'm having trouble locating my invoice/bill for this. Can you guys give me an idea of when the money was taken out of your accounts?

8. MaddChiLLMitch

Damn, so I paid with Paypal and not my BOA card as I was hoping.
    I will have to go through Paypal and see what they can do.

9. MaddChiLLMitch

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with a PayPal associate, Drew, who was able to shed some light on our situation.
    In any scenario, yes we the fans have the right to open a dispute/complaint/request for our money back as we were not provided the service we paid.
    Unfortunately, as many of you may already know, the deadline for opening a dispute is 180 days, of course in this situation, it would be difficult to pull the trigger on doing that as we were promised figures throughout the year.

He then explained to me that the best means right now would be for us to move forward and keep reaching out to them via email and phone call to see if we get a response.

Another means we could take is to go to the BBB and file a complaint on their business practice and it would force things into overdrive on their end.

Lastly, I checked with the rep to see if the PayPal account was still active, which it was, which doesn't really help too much apparently as it just means the account isn't dormant.

I'm going to head to my bank and ask their opinion today.

10. Peter Bazooka

Peter Bazooka Monsterbot

Has their still seriously been no response? I know pretending the internet doesn't exist is FP's MO but this is a real terrible look for them.

11. OptionZero

News Credits:
    I suppose i should remind you that FP is not FPC.

FPC is a store named AgesThreeandUp that made arrangements to run this club.

FP just makes the toys. Its a cozy relationship, but they aren't the same.

We could literally fly to Canada, walk into A3U, and slap them upside the head, since they're a fixed target.

FP is more anomalous.

12. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

I'm not defending them by any means. But, we paid for the figure and trailer as part of the membership. The membership was free with the purchase of the figures they were soliciting. So, if you got your trailer or trailer and figure combo, you're not really owed any money back.. Yea it's totally lame that we only got 2 of the freebies promised and never got any early access to exclusives either for that matter, but.. You still have your membership and figures you bought. So I don't see how anyone could expect a refund unless you're returning the figure/trailer with getting your money back.

Just my opinion.

13. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    I concur. I think it's unreasonable to expect any of our money back, as we did already receive a majority of what was promised. It is actually, in one way, good that they haven't announced another annual membership. It at least indicates that they may still be planning on fulfilling the entirety of what was promised.

14. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

Exactly. And the membership was FREE with the purchase of the figures. No one here paid money to become a member. The freebies are just that. Freebies. Promised or not, you're not out of any money.

Again, totally lame and would like my other freebies and would have liked a first crack at exclusives. But to be honest I bought a trailer for steelcore. The membership was a bonus. I'm happy I at least got two more little solerons for free.

15. AnegefalosGR

AnegefalosGR Elite Guard!

This Thread is pure Gold. Oh man.

16. OptionZero

News Credits:
    Nope. If an agreement was induced by a promise, and that promise is not fulfilled, then there's a breach of contract

Now, the remedy isn't getting ALL the money back, but the value of what's missing

It's not "free" just because they call it that

17. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

I still say yep.

You didn't pay for the membership. It was included with the purchase of the figure/trailer. So... How would you even get money back..?

My opinion stands. But hey, we're all entitled to one of those for free. ;) 

18. OptionZero

News Credits:
    I paid a sum of money in exchange for the trailer and more stuff

I got the trailer and part of the stuff

I need the rest of the stuff or part of the money

You can't say I only paid for the trailer and the rest is value less

19. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

You paid for the trailer/figure. The membership was free with the purchase of the figure/trailer. They themselves solicited it that way. How do you expect to get money back for free items? That's the question I'm curious for your answer to.

I guess we just aren't going to understand where the other is coming from here.

Like I said before, I'm not defending them. Just looking at it how I see it.

From their website:

"BONUS: Purchase of WB-002EX Core Trailer on it's own or Purchase of The Deluxe Package will include a 1 Year Premium FP Core Membership. As a Premium Member, you will have access to Crystals (a stats system that gets you special member advantages) and future interactive fan features that can earn you freebies and other member exclusive advantages. You will also have the opportunity to purchase exclusives and premium member exclusives first. On top of this, you will get 3 free FP Core Exclusive Items throughout the year of your membership. Premium Memberships are limited and are available on a first come first serve basis. Once sold out, Premium Memberships will not be available again until next year."

20. OptionZero

News Credits:
    They weren't free. The promise of those figures induced payment. They had value.

Do you really think FPC was getting and giving the "freebies" for free?

How many memberships did they sell based in the promise of "freebies"?

If the number is greater than zero, then FPC profited from this promise, while not delivering

It's not complicated. They promised something, failed to deliver,and benefited along the way. No way they should come out in the black like that

Ever heard of a car dealership selling a car and then saying hey the wheels are free? No that's stupid. They were always selling the whole damn trailer and membership together