FP Steel Core Trailer Preorders Live Sept. 19th

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AlphaFool, Sep 12, 2014.

1. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if FPC's inadequacies are why A3U tries so hard to pretend they don't run FPC

Can some our Canadian members just ask them at their storefront?

At conventions, why aren't more people asking why they're so behind?

2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Last time when I ordered Steel Core, the package originated from some small town in Canada near the sea? I always picture FPC as a fisherman who's running a website on the site. You get what you pay :) 

3. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

Well, me personally, at TFCon, you're just deer dazed by the product. You shake hands, say your thank you's, get an autograph or picture, you buy the toys you can get your hands on, and there's your memory. You spend airfare and accommodations to have a good time. To ask them the questions you have at home in anonymity just isn't a priority at the time. This is just me personally.

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not. But then again, this whole thing was a trial phase for me. Unless they come through and also give me a clear incentive (not some vague one like they did with this first attempt), I won't be renewing my membership with them.

5. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

That's a very charitable viewpoint. I can't disagree with it, but I also can't wholly agree with it. A blog post that reads "Hey guys, we are still alive, everything has been hugely delayed, you will still get your exclusive figures" takes thirty seconds to type and post.

Would have been nice to see a fully updated catalog, too, even if we weren't able to buy anything. Something like Maketoys' website would be nice.

I think the fanbase is willing to fund the project, but there's nothing to buy. It's been an empty storefront with no products for... idunno, how long now? six months? When were Riftshot and Recoiler available?

I feel like Fansproject making these limited-run repaints of some figures (Virus, Combes Robin, Positum) but not making them available in their exclusive club is exactly the opposite of what they'd want to do if they were putting out products to fund... well, anything, really. Why run a storefront when you have nothing to sell?

6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Or perhaps membership numbers haven't been too great so they simply slack off?

Remember when FP was the only game in town. Nowadays if people were asked to choose between FT Core and FP Core, most would have gone to the former I think.

7. thelastson82

thelastson82 Ankle tilts!

News Credits:
    I dunno..I guess I just dont care, really. As long as there's some means to buy the toys, I'm good. If FPC wants to get there site up in running like they intended, cool, I'll be happy to be apart of it, if not, oh well, no worries from me.

8. TheGreatScrotum

friends, I feel you.

9. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    IMO, FansProject as a whole has really slipped. They got too comfortable being at the top. Seems like the hype for their products isn't as great as it used to be either.

Personally, I used to buy everything FansProject as soon as it went up for preorder but not anymore.

10. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    not that i expect anyone to have heard anything, what with FPCore be the pillar of fan interaction that they are, but has anyone gotten a return email about the club yet?

i sent my message on the 18th and got that song and dance about a response within 24 to 48 hour message....but of course i got nothing after that.

do they have a facebook or twitter that anyone's tried contacting them with? at this point i'm not above harassing them at a con....

11. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    No, but they are affiliated with Ages 3 and Up, so maybe call them or harass their Twitter feed...

12. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

Sure, that's a possibility. But Fansproject is making these exclusive repaints anyways, so why not sell some through the fpcore website? At least then they'd be doing something with it.

It's sort of a circular problem, if that's the case. It would mean membership numbers aren't high enough to maintain the site, so no point in selling things (that are already being made) to increase membership numbers (thus making it worthwhile to maintain the site).

13. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

FPCore are making more problems themselves than a lack of members. Why make that "letter" stating that the fans were heard and things would be different before the trailer/membership was put up for order?

14. TheGreatScrotum

It's obvious, folks like me were played. I'll keep the avatar picture as a reminder that paid toy clubs are dumb. Really thought our messages would at least get a "go away, doosh" response. Maybe Spence can lend some insight, but more than likely not.

15. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy solution:
    At the next TF Con, when they will invariably show up at the totally-unrelated-entity AgesThreeAndUp booth, just walk up to them and demand some answers.

See if they can dodge people in real life when they're trying to sell stuff.

If they took all that money, pretty much they owe an explanation, or free toys. Their booth will have toys

16. NamelessOne

NamelessOne SG Autobot

So. Much. This.

Being in Ireland, don't think I'll get to do this anytime soon, but can eveyone who visits an FP stand at a con, please do this for us?

Would be intested to hear what the unofficial (hell, even the official!) line is on this.

Safe to say, didn't yet get a response from those assclowns at FPCore as yet.

17. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wouldn't you guys be able to get all of your money back through your credit card companies? You paid for a figure and service. You have received the figure (and trailer or just trailer), one of the free figs but the remaining membership services that were paid for are not being provided.

Just a thought. I'm not sure what the terms and conditions are when purchasing the FPcore membership, but chances are you CC company may be able to help out and deliver a message.

18. 143999

143999 Well-Known Member

Not a year+ later, in all likelihood.

19. MaddChiLLMitch

MaddChiLLMitch SG Decepticon

For shits and gigs I'm going to call my bank rep and see what he suggests.

20. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think if you explain that the purchase price was for a year long membership service, and the services were not provided, you may be able to get at least a partial refund.

I work in the direct marketing industry selling member services. We've had a few cases where people were sold memberships that are paid monthly, they complain hard enough to their card issuer or bank and get full refunds. We even had some people that were refunded the last 3 1/2 years of monthly charges claiming they never agreed to it.