FP Steel Core Trailer Preorders Live Sept. 19th

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AlphaFool, Sep 12, 2014.

1. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    Emailed this to them, today. Don't expect I'll get a response:

So,

This coming Saturday marks one year from the date that we were eligible to purchase our first annual membership. We were promised free figures, four in total, of which two have been delivered. Additionally, there were supposed to be exclusive pre-sale offers for FPCore members. To date, however, we have seen none. Now, I am perfectly fine accepting that third party toys suffer delays that cannot be foreseen. What I don't appreciate, and I know I am speaking for the rest of subscribers, here, is the absolutely atrocious lack of communication from you guys. Will there be another year of waiting? Is there going to be a free renewal of our memberships? I don't expect huge free giveaways, but I think it's reasonable that you provide us all with an update.

Thanks,

2. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    You got two of the four free figures? So far I've only received one... I may need to send them an email as well.

3. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    How much did you pay for said membership?

4. 143999

143999 Well-Known Member

Does the extra one that came with the trailer set count?

5. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    That's an unknown as it was included in the price of Steel Core deluxe (w/trailer) and the just trailer option.

Ah, it's 3 shipped to you, so yes I guess the 4th people are mentioning is the one include with the set. It's been so long with no updates I plum forgot the details.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  6. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    The first was the red soleron that came w/ the trailer. The second is the orange soleron. Did you never receive the orange guy?

7. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea, when people mention 4 figures I thought they meant 4 to be received in the mail figures. As I wrote up above it's been so long I forgot all the details. I don't count the red core as a bonus figure as it was included with the packages offered.

8. dominusveritas

News Credits:
    Yes, two, the red and the orange. I paid for a trailer and honestly, while this is basically what I expected to happen, I think it's important that people contact this business and ask for an explanation as to why promises have gone unfulfilled. I'd be happy just to get a response.

9. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not about to waist anymore of my time sending them another message that will not be replied to. I'm just going to sit back and speak with my wallet. With that wrote, they are going to be hard pressed to offer anything that will make me even consider spending any more money with them. I'm sure whenever they do put new items up they will still sell out but it won't be my money they receive.

10. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So much for the subscription then. I thought the first figure was ready to be shipped out a few weeks after the first because of a mixup the second guy went out first.

And of course the other "bonuses" did not amount to jack shit. Did they even sell anything else on FPC for the whole year? Or do anything with the factions? Or 'crystals?' Or anything but take our money?

11. dominusveritas

News Credits:
    They sold nothing besides the trailer. I'm not surprised in the least, this is what I expected. I do think the whole "I'm voting with my money" thing, while good, sends a weaker message than contacting them *and* not renewing your membership.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the problem is that someone had high aspirations but didn't think the whole thing through. It's not Fansproject we're dealing with (though FPC mirrors their lack of communication). If they'd just try to get set up as a true CLUB and get all of their ducks in a row from the beginning, they'd be more successful. They went out there half assed and it shows. Make a deal with Fansproject to have exclusive figures (Combes Robin, Knight, Positum) available to purchase before they're at the other stores. Also have convention figures like the Diaclone Dinobots available there too. Then have a freebie every year and one figure you can ONLY buy from the club.

Again, it's ambitious... Impossible if you don't know what you're doing.

13. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Not a thing. Even their website has been mostly dormant. There have been exactly two News posts on their site since the trailer. One in May announcing the bonus was coming, and one in July advertising the Sixknight repaint of MADLAW...with no actual information on how to get one.

14. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    You're right anyone who is displeased should contact them. I did several months ago with no response received and with the year mark passing I guess I just don't see the point in writing again. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. While I may be crazy I don't think that I'm insane, yet :D .

15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    At this point, 3-4 years into this failed experiment, I think it would be in Fansproject's best interest to just disassociate themselves with the whole FPCore thing entirely and ask whoever is behind it to take it behind the shed and put it out of its misery.

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    My Steelcore/trailer + 2 extra cores are for sale if anyone cares.

17. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. Though I really like the idea of having a 3P "club". If someone with enough capital had the initiative, they could get a few 3P companies involved and get a few exclusives a year plus a freebie. The cost would have to be about double what the TFCC charges if you want a freebie better than a little dude.

18. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    the setback I see is that Fansproject stuff is not HOT items like they use to be.

19. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While there's a lot more competition these days, I'd still say their figures are pretty darn good. The only 3P lines I'm collecting now are Function X and Lost Realm (including the Dinoking guys). In my opinion, top notch stuff.

20. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

Yep, yep, yep... I was the white knight for FPCore. I would have defended it all... Boys and Gals, it's dookie, it's all a pile of dookie. It was a $75.00 plus shipping trailer. Will A3U give us a chance at at least the TFCon Swoop? Who knows. The Fellowship is broken. No Bueno. No Horde, no Alpha Core, and no...crystals. Ugh.

Wonder what kind of bait will have me re subbing... I think I know what the tfcc faithful feel like. I'm sucha dirty whore for them.