FP Steel Core Trailer Preorders Live Sept. 19th

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AlphaFool, Sep 12, 2014.

1. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok let's be real here for a moment. We all paid into the membership for the "free" items. How many people would have bought the trailer without the membership at that price? Poor communication is unacceptable in this age when you can post online in a min. If there is a delay, one could at least make a post, sorry everyone still waiting to hear back from FP about the figures vs 6-9 months of silence. Lets look at what our membership gets us....

What does a 1 Year FP Core Premium Membership do for me?
    Ever since the conception of FP Core, we've been working hard to introduce unique characters and exclusive products to our members and offer specials for those who signed up for our free membership. Although this has helped us to raise money to produce more exclusive products, we have let our main focus of building additional website and community features take a back seat.

Introducing a paid membership will help us to complete initiatives such as our crystals system, fan stories and evolve the community features to provide a more interactive community for FP Fans.

As a Premium Member, you will have access to Crystals (a stats system that gets you special member advantages) and future interactive fan features that can earn you freebies and other member exclusive advantages. You will also have the opportunity to purchase exclusives and premium member exclusives first.

2. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

Got my sticker book today. Was really hoping for a transforming badger. FPC! Badger next time, damnit!

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I hope this is a genuine post. It made me smile anyway.

The idea was to do a book with profiles and a bit of background to the Glacialord universe, without doing the normal dry and didactic online profiles or tiny back of the box three lines. I hope people enjoy the book and it's intentionally retro (hopefully) charm and embrace the fun concept.

4. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    If anyone doesn't want their sticker book, I'm interested depending on price.

5. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Seems to be a lot of demand here, which is no surprise; it's a really awesome concept, full of early '80s nostalgia, flawlessly executed with a lot of artistry and love.

I don't think this is the appropriate forum for sales, so just e-mail me <[email protected]> if interested.

6. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

If you are going to tfcon next week maybe check at the fpcore booth.

Possible they may have some there.

7. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    You admit it was a failure, yet instead of possibly helping those still running FPCore get better, here you go trying to turn this around (yet again) at those who were dissatisfied with the service provided by an admittedly failed organization by making blind assumptions. Instead of acknowledging the incompetence behind it all, you want to "police" this thread (and any others like it) and act as if it's perfectly ok that the people behind it all, couldn't even post one simple message to satisfy people's reasonable curiosity. But you make it sound oh so unreasonable. Yet I recall you admitting to me that none of you guys ever thought this out thoroughly, nor had any well laid plans on how this would run. You admitted to me, all that was basically said and done was practically, "Hey this would be a great idea!" "Yeah! Let's do it!" But when problems occurred (even if they were small), nothing was really done to address them. And here we are. No one was expecting anything "substantially more" than what had been given. Sorry if you chose to mistake someone venting about what they received as "wanting something 'substantially more' than what they got."

But I think it's pretty clear that all people wanted to do was vent. And it's pretty clear you want to smear them for it on behalf of an incompetent organization you claim you are no longer a part of. I'm done with this. You can blow all the hot air you want at people. But I would venture a guess that no one is falling for it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  8. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Sticker book arrived yesterday. Stupid postie shoved it into my mailbox rather than walk 5m up my driveway and knock on my door!

Luckily it was only the postage package that was mangled and not the book inside.

I applied all the stickers and sure it's a nice "freebie" but doesn't give much of a "back story" to the Glaciabots. I thought it was meant to give us an origins story of some sort? The story is more like a segment in a running story. The bios at the end are decent.

The stickers are of good quality and the artwork in each sticker is great. Has a real G1 feel to it but obviously better drawn than anything Sunbow could dream of :lol 

The downside? It's Vol 1 of ? vols which means an incomplete story. With all the backlash happening since this was announced I doubt we will ever see another volume. Not that I would pay for it anyways but the OCD in me doesn't like it staying "incomplete"...

Interestingly I noticed Boris Chow is credited as the Producer and in the latest A3U review Boris casually plugged FPCore's site when talking about Trianix Alpha. I assume FPCore is a branch off project for Boris?

9. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well known that A3U = FPC
    they ship from the same address

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Got my sticker book today. I love it so much. Who else did the maze?

11. The New Guy

The New Guy Well-Known Member

I'm really happy with the sticker book as well, especially since Glacial Lord is one of my favourite third party releases. Personally, I'm far happier receiving this than I would be with another Soleron.

12. tootsmendozer

tootsmendozer hairy giant

I'm selling my sticker album, based in the uk but will send over seas, pm me sensible offers please

13. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll also be selling my book to anyone that would appreciate it more. It's cool, but not my thing. Send me pm and we can work out details. US based.

14. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, seems there's a glut of these here.
    Guess I'll be sending my sticker book to the eBay...

15. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I came to this party a bit late, but I remember a while back when I got an email fom FP about the trailer and membership. I felt it was a bit dodgy, as they were on about "surpises", and paying for them, or something. I think I told them that until I knew what the trailer actually did, then I was not intereseted. Turned out it was just an empty bit of plastic for some mini figs I did not care about.

Shame really, but then again, I didn't ascribe to the Botcon or CC ways of selling "mystery" toys for lots of money either.

Sorry those that did buy them got shafted.

16. Razor24

News Credits:
    I didn't get shafted. It was exactly what I was expecting it to be... A trailer for Steelcore that carried other Solerons (as depicted in the Warbot comics). No different to Optimus's trailer.

And the "surprises" were not what the trailer did or didn't do. It was for the 3 gifts. Hate them or love them, they were still surprises (sort of).

So you can save your sorry cause I got what I paid for and am happy I got it. Helps when you temper your expectations of what a "Trailer" does as well. :rolleyes: 

17. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Got my sticker set so..... How much do these go for on eBay.

18. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%
    I didnt get shafted either. I just hoped for more story, to be part of that story, and to kick ass for my faction. But in terms of toys and merch; well worth the price of admission.
    All hail the Crystallion Horde!

19. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    You guys may not have felt shafted, but they refused to show the inside of the trailer while the preordered were open. I didn't know what I was getting so I didn't order, I am ok with what was released and would have bought it, but the method through which this was sold felt really shifty. I feel it is dishonest to intentionally withhold information about what your product can do due to not trusting people will want it if they know.

Do you guys really feel it's ok to for a company to sell things that way?

On the other side, Code was sold blind, but there was a completely different spirit to that. Donations to toys for tots and it was labeled as a mystery. It was easy to get excited about that.

20. Razor24

News Credits:
    Now I said I wasn't shafted. I never said that their sales practices where acceptable! :rolleyes: 

There is a difference between knowing what you're likely getting yourself into and buying something with high expectations and being disappointed. It comes back to my earlier statement of tempering your expectations of what a trailer does. Sure it was dodgy as shit that they refused to show what the inside was like but I wasn't expecting the trailer to transform into badger or some fandangle mobile defence base that would add hours of playability.

I was expecting it to be a trailer that would hold stuff and be towed by Steelcore. It could have been jam packed with features or it could have been a hollow box on wheels. Point is I liked how it looked attached to Steelcore and that was what I based my purchase on.

If you were not sold on the overall look of the Steelcore + Trailer combo then I would say it was most likely that the inside of the trailer wouldn't have been the turning point in your decision process. At least I've never heard of anyone not buying a trailer based on the overall look of the vehicle with it attached but then swayed into buying it cause the inside was so awesome... :lol