FP Steel Core Trailer Preorders Live Sept. 19th

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AlphaFool, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Well, I think they got the frustration part right. First, people were frustrated about their site being outdated. Then people became frustrated with the crystal system which never materialized. Next, there was frustration about the ridiculous international shipping charges. Followed by the pricing frustration, and then the frustration about the lack of promised bonus items. Yup, they've certainly mastered frustration.

2. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    And this is why I've moved on. FP was great a couple years ago but after this last year, I'm done. Lackluster releases and this whole ordeal just shows me that FP doesn't know how to run a business and isn't concerned with improving their design engineering. The stuff they've produced recently is on par with figures from a couple years ago, imo.

I've started giving my money to MMC and MT. I'm much happier for it.

3. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I think it's a fun last item. I'm guessing it'll come with a few stickers (guessing everyone will get the same ones). I bet the stickers will cost next to nothing. If they charge an egregious amount for them, then I can see people getting mad, but I bet it won't cost more than a couple bucks to complete the thing if you choose to.

I seriously don't get people complaining so much about something that you got with a purchase of something you were going to buy anyway. How much value did you expect the bonus items to be worth? I think the Brainstorm head was awesome and Ruthen (maybe it was Osmi) was someone everyone who ordered a trailer should be able to use.

The sticker book is just a bit of fun and you don't need to have gotten Glaciallord to appreciate the art and story. It's original art and story which takes time and money to put together.

People obviously have their right to their opinion but feeling like they're doing you an injustice for these freebies seems abut radical don't you think?

~Paik

4. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    It's not that the idea itself is bad (it's not GOOD, but I do like the Glacialord 'lore' and art and all that), it's that I don't think anyone was planning on buying MORE things to complete the exclusives, especially when it sounds like those things are going to require extra legwork to collect. Like I said earlier, it's like being given the torso of a core bot and being told you can buy the limbs later, or like the microtransactions in a mobile game, but blind-bagged. Knowing FP's pricing for exclusives lately, I imagine the sticker packs won't be cheap, and if they are going to be cheap, how come FPCore didn't just say that? It's not a feeling of being done an injustice, it's disappointment coupled with a bad customer service experience coupled with not wanting to pay more money to fully get the exclusives that were presented as free.

5. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Beat a dead horse much? 6 posts in less than 24 hours and a giant tirade on Facebook also, all saying the same thing. OK, you are pissed that you are not getting your sticker book full of stickers, get it, got it, no worries. Don't see anyone with a gun to your head here saying you must buy these. Time to move on to bigger and better things.....

6. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

You sir, are an amazing representative fro a company to have. I wouldn't try to alienate customers, but I'm feeling this direction you're going in. Next, tell him he's a dick. That'll help the situation of a disappointed fan venting in the proper place to the proper people.

I know you aren't the owner of the company, but you are associated with it, whether you want it or not, whether you like it or not. You may want to think about how you talk to customers of your former business. You know, unless you don't care about whether they do well or not.

7. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Not going to argue the other points, but FP Core has nothing to do with FP. It's a completely separate entity, actually a part of the Ages 3 and Up store.

8. thelastson82

thelastson82 Ankle tilts!

News Credits:
    That's not what they said. They are not saying that "frustration should be a part of the way they view collecting to be". That's you misinterpreting what was written. The key word in the bolded part is maybe.

Ok, perhaps they should have worded that part differently, but reading the overall message, they don't sound like a bunch of jerks which your post kind of made them sound like.

My interpretation is that they are giving us free shit for free. If people don't want or like the sticker book, they can just toss it or try to sell it. No big deal. And as far as the stickers are concerned, well, you can either purchase or not. Again, no worries.

FPC aren't exactly a charity, so I have no issues with them for trying to make a little cash.

9. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

*Sigh* How many times does something need to be said before it sinks in. I am not associated with this company. I do not represent them and my opinion is my own opinion and no one else's. Not sure why I can't have an opinion and my own thoughts. How the company does is not any of my concern and I have no effect on it in any way shape or form.

It is silly to continually see these rants on self entitled nonsense. It is free. Play or don't play. Why does it have to this constant going on of how FP is slighting everyone?

Personally I am ambivalent about the whole third freebie. As stated previous by others, I will await to see scans online and will enjoy it for what it is at that time. I don't need to buy any stickers and the book will sit on my shelf with all the other unused and discarded TF memorabilia I have collected over the years. It really is as simple as that. No need to go on and on and on for pages and pages on how you feel you are being mistreated. If you are being mistreated, why continue to come back?

10. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

You're still associated with it. Whether you like it or not.

As for the free book, what do I care? I'm not a member of the club so I don't feel entitled to anything. You may want to be careful with that phrase. But as an outsider looking in? It seems like a shitty freebie. Include some stickers at least. Otherwise its a book with a bunch of blank boxes, sitting there for who knows how long until FPC puts out some stickers. For free or for sale. It's had to enjoy good intentions when put into this form.

Also people are allowed to complain whether they like this or not. Read it or don't read it, but stop bitching at others about bitching. If you feel its too much for you to handle log out and come back when you feel its better. This cuts both ways. You can't limit one type of complaint and not expect your own complaints to have no limits placed upon them, because your complaints are directed at fan behavior over a 3rd party company's behavior.

11. einhazard

News Credits:
    As Dek said, I moved things off FB and to the appropriate group to vent to. Nothing wrong with that. As I said on Facebook, I understand where FPCore is coming from. I also said I wouldn't judge the book itself until I've actually got it in my hands because it sounds like people put some hard work into it. That doesn't mean I have to be happy the situation of having to buy additional pieces to complete it, and it certainly doesn't mean I can't talk about it if I feel like doing so with people who may be a little more understanding.

Also, it's a slow day at work.

I think we all realize they're not a charity, and that's fine, too. The issue is that the exclusive is incomplete without additional purchases, and that we're essentially being told that we should just be happy with whatever we get, even if it's something that's not what was promised. The maybe is important because it's dodging the issue. It's saying that sometimes we should be frustrated by collecting, which doesn't make any sense since they have the entire stock, so there's no reason it has to be frustrating at all. That's a choice they're making, not some sort of aftereffect of being a collector.

12. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

yeah, as another outsider I have to agree. This freebie stinks and does nothing as an incentive to get more people on board. Based on the crystal failure, I'd say it's entirely possible this thing will never be complete. So a free item that may cost more money, or may never be complete, is really not good.

13. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't have to read it.

I don't mind at all reading about what other feel about this or any other item, positive or negative. What is lame is going on and on and on about it. This particular item is interesting because the feelings on it are very diverse, some liking it and some really disliking it. Having to read the same person every 3rd or 5th post, posting the same thing that was posted 3 posts earlier just does not contribute any longer.

Reading the opinion of 5 people 5 times is interesting. Reading the same opinion 5 times from the same person is redundant. There is a pretty big difference between an actual discussion and just plain ranting.

14. einhazard

News Credits:
    Good thing you're providing a helpful contribution as well.
    Additionally, per your own argument, if you're tired of reading it, don't.

The funny thing is, I think I might actually really like the book if it was complete.

15. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

So what you're saying is it's supes annoying when someone does something...kinda like what you're doing now?

16. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

And you've posted 3 times now and complained about people complaining 3 times now. You're proving my point. We can talk about whatever we want as long as its not against the rules. And to complain about others stating their opinion over and over is something we often don't realize we ourselves do until it is pointed out and we take a step back to acknowledge it. But it doesn't mean we are wrong in doing so either.

I'm going to let you have the last word on this, I feels that's fair to you, but I feel you're only going to use it to complain about others complaining instead of asking whose looking to trade stickers, or what other FP projects should get a sticker book, or who would have preferred a coloring book.

17. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Not trying to pick on your here so please don't take it as such. Just trying to contribute to your slow day at work. hehe ;-)

It feels like you are kind of missing a few things here. You state about not being what is promised.....what do you feel was promised? I don't think I ever read anything anywhere promising what the free items were. Seems to me that expectations got the better of you here.

I also don't get why you are focusing specifically on the frustrating part of the whole paragraph. In all the back and forth on Facebook it also says that they are not out to make things complicated and impossible. This kind of contradicts your focus on the whole 'we are just making this frustrating for you' bit. Seems like your focus is on the wrong parts of what was written.

18. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

You are correct, by complaining myself I am not contributing anything significant. it is fairly easy to find yourself lost in the heat of the moment not realizing you are only fueling the fire instead of snuffing it out.

The cover of the book does claim it is volume 1 so yes, perhaps there may be other FP projects that will get the same treatment. Perhaps this is only a test of the waters so to speak. I would assume by all the negative responses this may be a failure and we may not see subsequent releases?

19. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

Fuck it, I'll white knight this one. And I know Spence doesn't really need it.

Spence is a collector now. Obviously he has a different perspective on the business than we do as he has first hand experience in trying to make a business and his customers happy.

Ceno Kibble, a free lance artist, has contributed to this portion of the Fans Project Core concept (who knows if he's getting any reimbursement from this, or if it's a work of passion - as an investment of community building). The community includes the people taking time out to work on a freebie. His stories are soooo welcome to the tapestry, along with (possibly) The MakeToys head designer.

Folks, it's a collaboration. The freebie is a sample of the interactivity that will be necessary to participate in the faction lore. I dig it now.

Please, although I know FansProject Core has received less than stellar feedback here on TFW, try to excercise some perspective. They are producing way more for fans of the product than any critic personality.

To eyes reading this, TFW is only one place a few 3P buyers reside. I'm sure the good artists that support the concept will make FPCore a great place as it evolves. I like the idea of trading as an ice breaker. I like friends from places I've never seen... UK, USA, Japan, China... I like people. For those not willing to reach out and make friends, this was not aimed at you. This coming from a guy who wasn't into retro future, mind you.

Hang in there, premature babies have been known to be the best fighters in life.

I'll see you on FPC, Spence. Hopefully I can contribute a verse.

20. einhazard

News Credits:
    No worries, I don't feel picked on at all. I was just having a spirited debate with Lostson, so happy to continue it.
    I can totally see that it's a matter of perspective, and I don't really know who you are or whatever your connections to FP/FPC are, so I get that you're not just sockpuppeting or something.
    I guess if they're not out to make things complicated, why not provide the full set with the book? Adding in extra purchases and trades makes things complicated, and if that's not their intention, they could, y'know, not do that. They're the only ones who have the items, so at this point, that's fully within their power.
    That would connect to what I felt they promised the fans, which was three exclusive items. As I've said a couple times, I don't think an empty sticker book is a complete exclusive item, I think it's part of an exclusive item, and that's not a matter of expectation, that's a matter of what it actually is. Obviously, other people think it is a complete item, and that's fine. Not trying to win anyone over to my way of thinking, I just had a bad experience and I wanted to talk about it. I mean, it's the internet. No one ever changes their opinions based on an internet argument.