Fox Sports Robot

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by domientius, Jan 17, 2008.

1. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    It's been getting awesome reviews.

I really want it on the strength of being a great looking articulated robot,

2. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    Is it built as well as a TF?
    Or is it that hollow cheap plastic crap?

3. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I wouldn't compare him to TFs (cause to me, there's TFs, and there's everything else), but the plastic is solid. He is pretty weighty. He has good articulation, including stiff but somewhat moveable fingers and thumb, as well as hinged toe with ball-socketed head, wrists, and thigh at the hip. Knees are forward and back hinged, as is the elbow, and there are multiple joints to move around the arms at and just below the shoulders. The waist pivots left and right as well.

The only thing I wish were better are the wires and 'robotic' stuff. Its all a single part, of course, but painted all the same gray/black color, so it feels a little less detailed than it is. And also, he may be having a bit of TF Titanium disease, as his heavy top half plus a loosening left thigh ball joint make him harder and harder to position, but my friends are always messing with him and tossing him around, so he gets alot of wear and tear around here.

Otherwise, I was very surprised that it was much more than a cheesy gimmick and am proud to have it on my shelf, staring down at my 2" manga spawn. :) 

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  4. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I hope they release feam-specific versions... I want Redskinimus Prime to Fight the evil Cowboyatron

5. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

A 2' tall version with a sound chip that plays the Fox sports theme would kick ass. And it'd probably only be $30.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    they've been having a name contest for him, they were advertising it the last few weeks of the regular season. He's cool.

As for team versions? Nah, he's never been anything but just like the toy is painted here, he's Fox Sports, not so-and-so team...