Fourth Comic Edition Figure

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BioSpark47, May 14, 2024.

1. Quippy

Quippy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mockup of how the next comic two pack could look like:
    [​IMG]
    Credit to @Seth Sunthay

• Like Like x 7
  2. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    What about a Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime two-pack?

A redeco of the SS Hot Rod, with a redeco of the Kingdom Rodimus Prime, minus the trailer.

The Comics Shockwave doesn't come with his add-on pieces from the Siege figure, so perhaps they can do the same with Rodimus and the trailer.

3. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Only question is how interested people would be in a Marvel Rodimus, cause while I've seen demand for Hot Rod due to his very different super pink deco, Rodimus is a bit closer to the source though still has his differences (red shins/boots and orange hands)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    tbh I think Hot Rod would do better either on his own or in a 2 pack with someone else (if we had like a leader FortMax or Scorponok I'd suggest either of them)

Last edited: May 18, 2024
  4. Veridioz

Veridioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could be Kup or arcee, did arcee do anything in the marvel comics?

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arcee never appeared in Marvel U.S. at all. I don't know about Marvel UK.

It does sound like it's a Xaaron/Flame set, from what all these leakers are saying. In the stream, when BMac and Evan are talking about SS86 Springer's hammer, BMac references the Wreckers capsule and then adds "maybe there's more characters coming that make sense to hold a hammer," and the digibash Seth did includes the hammer, so yeah. Sounds like a hint for Xaaron to me.

I've had a thought about the box art. Since there really isn't a suitable cover featuring Xaaron and Flame, perhaps there's a suitable interior page featuring them, like a splash page, that might still serve as good box art. I'd have to rely on folks who know the UK series way better than me to suggest any possibilities, but I'd be interested in seeing some.

6. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arcee was an infrequent character, generally only seen in stories featuring the 2006 cast.

Xaaron and the hammer don't make sense together at all. Except perhaps for people who have never read TF UK. Xaaron was a politician, not a soldier, and I don't recall him ever being depicted with a weapon of any sort, much less a hammer (and the only hammer associated with the Wreckers in TF UK was on the end of Rack'n'Ruin's arm - I still don't know where this whole hammer thing from the 2022 capsule came from).

The best art of them together would be where Flame is leaping to kill Xaaron with his bare hands... right before he takes a harpoon to the forehead.

7. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Hammer comes through a confluence of events. Rack n Ruin had a Hammer. Botcon did Wrecker Stories and IiRC I believe they created the unique Wrecker symbol that was the G1 Autobot symbol with the forehead crest and nose making a sledge hammer ish hammer. Because you would use a sledge to wreck things. Then Animated Magnus had a hammer of authority which lead to Prime Magnus, who was a leader of the Wreckers having a big hammer. Which all lead to Hasbro making a toy of the Wrecker's mascot, Smashdown, turning into a Hammer.

Add everything up and Big War Hammers slowly became the Wrecker's signature thing.

-ZacWilliam, or something of that sort.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jeeaxus

Jeeaxus J->E Translator, Comics Fan, Recent Collector

Instagram:
    She appears only in the UK comics’ future-timeline stories, and only during the movie adaptation in the US book.
    (But that movie adaptation is as much a part of the US book as any of the other mini-series. Let’s not forget it… Grumble grumble)

9. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    and xaaron being the technically leader of the original wreckers(and showing up as a statue for the wrecker line), it has some merit it being alluded too

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Having Flame makes me want Pharma even more to help build up an “Autobots gone bad” collection. We have Armada Wheeljack coming next year. Galaxy Force Demolisher would be cool to add to that as well…

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And the best one, Wildwheel.

-ZacWilliam, Wildwheel (Cyberverse) - Transformers Wiki

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  13. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m personally hoping for Xaaron. He’s gotta be one of the oldest major G1 original character left to never have gotten a toy. But how would they do him? Xaaron’s design is based on Megatron’s body so there’s the possibility of retooling the Siege/ER mold yet again. But that toy has been done to death at this point (literally, the mold is deteriorating) and it’s not even that great a toy. Also it’s kind of a terrible option for Xaaron being way too large and broad for him. Xaaron would do best as a Deluxe. Which leads me to believe that it won’t be Xaaron.

So far the other three toys have all been made from preexisting Leader class toys. Sure the Shockwave toy guts all the excess parts to drop him down to the Voyager price but he was technically a Leader mold. So that makes me think that the final toy will either also be made from a Leader mold. Obviously they could buck the trend entirely and you could make the argument that Shockwave in itself does so.

So if it is Xaaron and it is a Deluxe for the final figure, which preexisting Deluxe would he be retooled from? I saw someone mention Perceptor. Without the telescope on his shoulder, he’s certainly lacking in any kibble. But I think he may be a bit too tall for Xaaron? Actually, the new Gears mold might not be a bad choice. His kibble hides away really well. Just swap the head and the chest piece (which is also really easy for that toy) and you might be headed in the right direction.

Also, just gonna say that I’m a bit disappointed that this line didn’t produce a Soundwave. If anyone deserves a comic book figure it’s him with his colors being so vastly different from any other incarnation of Soundwave. Package him with Ratbat and now you’re cooking.

14. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream Defender of Beast Machines and Clone Wars

Catilla did appear in the Marvel UK comics. He was partnered with Carnivsc and defected to the Autobots before he was Furmaned.

15. Dark Starscream

My money is on Ultra Magnus.

He's the only bot I know with the tip of a red missile like that. And he has been known to wield a hammer.

16. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's also the fact that in the Wreck 'n' Rule capsule, the papercraft "Wrecker's Hammer" we got is a memorial to Xaaron.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd lose my shit if it was a Flame/ Xaaron two pack. Instant preorder.

Hard pass on Blaster/ Scrounge. I'd only be interested in Scrounge and the Cosmos retool that came with CW Computron I already have is good enough for me.

Also hard pass on comic Hot Rod, I've never been a fan of magenta Hot Rod and the SS'86 colors are already the one I would prefer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skycutter

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What mold would he use, for it has to be deluxe or voyager

19. Dark Starscream

They'll probably re-use the Earthrise mold. It's $52.99 at BigBad, Comic Grimlock is $59.99, so it lines up price-wise.

20. Skycutter

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    but the mold HAS to be deluxe or voyager thanks to one of jtprime last leaks, and ultra magnus is a leader

Last edited: May 21, 2024