Foundation

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by VAwitch, May 18, 2011.

1. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    (did search - dind't get any hits other than preview-discussions)

Does the Foundation prequel just crap all over the events established in Defiance,as to why Optimus & Megatron came to oppose each other? (which itself iirc, contradicts stuff from TF07 & its comic/book).

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've only read the first two, but the answer seems to be no - this story works around those events, showing how the situation shown in Defiance came to be - it shows Megatron's rise to the position of Lord Protector for example.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, not in the slightest. There was some panicky chatter when the first issue came out that it did, but it's very craftily woven around the existing prequels. Basically, the first two issues of Foundation are chronologically the earliest stories, after which the first three issues of Defiance take place. Then the first half of Foundation #3 occurs concurrently with most of Defiance #4 (all the stuff prior to the launch of the AllSpark), then the rest of Foundation #3 and #4 take place between Defiance #4 and the original movie prequel. It's all very intricately and precisely integrated.

4. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

and damn good too, if it wasn't already clear.

5. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the input guys - due to some recent money limits, haven't been keeping up w/ my box at the local shop...

Picking up a bunch of the TFs this week, and was curious if this series was worth my limited funds... glad to hear they didn't contradict Defiance - I really enjoyed that series.

Anyone else of the general opinion that the movie-books seem to be of higher quality (overall) than the ongoing series (since Fig came back to art, and whomever for writing)?

6. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I actually really like the ongoing series. I also find that generally the movie books are lacking. However, I really liked Defiance, Reign of Starscream, Rising Storm, and Foundation. I'm a sucker for those movie-verse Cybertron stories. Also, the Arcee Tales of the Fallen is worth a read.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The movie books were a bit all over the place in past years, certainly, but with the advent of John Barber, they've consolidated into some of the best stuff IDW is putting out. The loss of Mowry was to be lamented, but getting Furman off them seems to have been for the best. While the ongoing HAS spent the first half of this year getting its act together and moving towards good things, I'd rank Foundation and Rising Storm the best TF comic book output of IDW for 2011 so far.

8. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

I have purchased every original Transformers book IDW has published and Foundation is the first movie book that had both great art and great writing.

The only other movie book that reaches Foundation's caliber is TF07 movie prequel one. That book's description of the allspark launch seems to be one of the few points the comics came up with that still works.

Just to re-state my point, Foundation rules!