Found a reason to support animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by lazerrodphill, May 5, 2008.

1. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

I don't like trans animated. It's a little to teen titan. But I do support it. Because who knows what we would be getting if animated and the movie were not in the for front of the transformers movement. Would we really be getting classics figs with nothing happening on the big screen or small one? So I finally understand that we need to support transformers products. Because the loss hasbro takes putting out collector figs. They probally make up doing stuff us old g1 fans can't stand. So lets support transformers, and maybe we'll get a better say so in how we the collectors are treated. Just a thought, please don't chew me out.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh please! I'm a G1 fan and I like Animated alot!

But yeah the only reason Hasbro does fanwank lines is because their pockets are so heavy it wouldn't hurt trying, so it's basically the kiddy stuff's "fault" fanwank exists.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I've been collecting since 1984. I am an "old G1 fan". So please don't tell me what I do or don't like again.

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Well, I like Animated, so I'm happy!

5. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

Well, the last time the Classics line came around, if you remember, Cybertron had been dead for a while and the movie was still a good eight or nine months away, at least. Whether or not there is a TV show or movie, Transformers sell, end of story.

6. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I wasn't aware the collectors are being treated badly... Botcon lead me to believe that the next year is almost 100% nostalga FAN GIFTS before the next movie. There is something for everyone in the next year. I defy people from finding *SOMETHING* they are not drooling over.

You don't have to like everything, but they are making things that appeal to almost every aspect of the fandom.

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'll give you a business response.

In any business, especially in the business of selling product, you have to change your product up now and then to keep it "new" so that 1) retailers will purchase it and that 2) customers will purchase it.

If "Universe 2.0" was the only line running, with a supported cartoon, it would be stagnate and most-likely fail. With Animated, they bring in small aspects of the movie (the overall cast) while keeping things new, fresh, and different. Animated has been a huge success thus far, and the toys are not even out in mass retail.

It's because of the Transformers design team ability to change things up while keeping them reminiscent of the original concept (robots in disguise) that has allowed them to continue to be successful and do things more geared towards collectors, like Universe 2.0.

So yes, supporting Transformers is important -- but no one on the Hasbro team purposely comes up with ideas to piss off the collectors. After all, you still are (a very small portion of) money to them.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    QFT!!! While I'm not an "old G1 fan", I'm still old enough to be concidered part of the fan base, and not the target audience. It's possible to like the old stuff and the new stuff at the same time withought "needing" to.

Edit: To be perfectly honest, I think that Animated could be a success even withought the support of us fans, though it's not like Hasbro is trying to get rid of our support or anything like that.

9. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    :banghead:  OH MY GOD! Im so sick of these threads.

10. lazerrodphill

Respect fellows (draven). I know a lot of people that will not touch animated stuff. I believe in what kickback says. The design teams do keep it fresh, animated has a great combination of movie and g1 design. I just don't care for the faces of the bots. But I still support it. Transformers needs to stay alive, for me personally. I'm a big fan of all the newer stuff energon, armada, and cybertron, the fig designs for the majority were great.
    And we got a unicron out the deal. My point was that, as fans if animated is'nt for us maybe get are kids into it. To help the line move on. From information I've got from BOtcon it's going to be an awesome year for everyone and thats because trans fans support their product. So once again my point was support the show. Sorry if I crossed some people wrong

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Hasbro owns ALL of the best toy lines out there! If I don't support Animated (and I'm not going to) it's not going to make any difference. Hasbro won't even notice because I'll be supporting Universe & the live action movies.

I didn't support Machine Wars, Beast Machines, RID & Armada & look! Transformers is stronger than ever!

Sad to say, I'm completely insignificant! :cry 

Not me baby! NOT ME! If Transformers Animated was what all Transformers looked like then I would NEVER be a Transformers fan in the first place.

12. lazerrodphill

noisemaze is sick I respect that, and your are right Hasbro has the hottest stuff out support something, right lol!

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Well said, Noisemaze.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This and Kickback's posts win the thread.

15. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Im a G1 fan ( hardcore ) in my soul I hate the 2007 movie cause I waited 20 years for an awesome Live Action Optimus and Jazz and both were failures in alot of ways but yet I FRIGGIN LOVE ANIMATED TF. For me right now there is only G1 and Animated. Not that other series were not good I just hold those two a notch above all else at the moment.

as for what was wrong with Jazz and optimus, welllll Jazz died that pissed me off and (optimus) no matter how I tried to look past it THE BLEEPING MOUTH PISSES ME off.

love animated though peace :) 

16. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I understand what you are saying, you really don't need to ask us G1 fans to support TFA or any main line. We are but a drop in the bucket. Whether we support TFA or not the kids will be the one to make or break TFA and transformers in general. I love TFA and will support and buy TFA stuff because I love them. But for those who don't like them, there is no need for them to support it just for the sake of supporting the franchise. Classics and other fanboy fanwanks are more of a favor or thank you from Hasbro to us for supporting the franchise as kids 20-25 years ago. Additionally, while you may think that us old G1 fans can't stand TFA, there are alot of us who do love it. In fact, I can't remember a more positive reaction to TFA from us old collectors than any other main line in a long while.

17. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I...uh..........um.......................:wtf: ??????????

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I'm an old G1 fan and I love Transformers: Animated, I might not be keen on the character designs or the toys but the TV show rocks!

19. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I'm sorry but that is utter nonsense.

Even if I wasn't a G1 fan (Which I still am) I wouldn't be making such generalizations about what I should like against what I don't like.

Hasbro is a business and they can't always please everyone 24/7.

20. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Hear hear!