forums activity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xMostWanted559x, Jun 6, 2014.

1. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

This is the first toys forum I joined when I got into collecting in 2012 (noobie). Recently I got into different lines of stuff and I notice the other forums are dead compared to here.

Is there just more TF collectors than anything? I'm so used to quick responses here, when I go to other forums I'm like wow...no responses

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Mainly, our board has been around for quite some time now, so that's one thing that's contributed to growth. It is statistically the most trafficed board on the net. While there are other toy brands out there that are popular, the Transformers brand has also grown by leaps and bounds.

3. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I used to be part of a forum for a nintendo game from 2007-2011 and it was always, always really active. way more active than TFW. I had tons of friends and I was in a bunch of social groups and it was super cool. Of course there were so many members you couldn't keep track of them all (including ur friends lel...). I didn't know anyone outside my lil' group and pretty much no one knew me. I was really surprised when I joined my first TF forum because of how entirely inactive it was. I forgot all about it because there was no point checking in. I found TFW a couple months later and I think it's nicely balanced in terms of membership. It's not overwhelmingly popular, and it isn't dead. There's enough people to carry on some decent discussions, but not so many that you're talking to a different person every single time.

I gotta say tho that big old forum has features I seriously miss. Nothing I can't live without, but it was the little things, y'know?

4. xMostWanted559x

Yes I used to be a Honda car guy as a kid and we had a very active forum. That's one reason I love this place there's always people on. Surprised we don't have a mobile site?

5. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

I was a member of a couple Transformer forums before the Bay movies came out and they were pretty dead. The movies reminded a lot of people from my generation (80's kids) about their long forgotten childhood love. I think that is a large contributing factor.

We also have been getting adult style Transformer toys that were non existent before MP-01 and the Binaltech/Alternator lines. Thankfully someone realized that there was a large market for adult TF geeks like myself and many others. We are getting the figures we dreamed about 10 -15 years ago. This brings lots of people.

But yeah, even now no other TF board comes close to TFW2005. I used to be a Seibertronian.

6. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I gotta say I really don't understand why everyone wants a mobile site. Mobile versions of websites are beyond frustrating to use.

7. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    People ask often. A reason is never given. Considering the amount of sponsorship, I presume it has something to do with that since mobile versions don't display nearly as much without being super intrusive.

I wouldn't mind a mobile version sometimes, mainly due to functionality of mobile browsers. But overall I'm OK with the full site.

8. xMostWanted559x

It's easier to view

9. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Used to be on a tv show forum. It went so dead that the last post was in 2005

10. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

With a smartphone even half modern who needs mobile versions anyway?
    What is this 1998?

11. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    Correction - bad mobile versions of websites are frustrating to use.

Good design that is setup to be reflexive from the start are very good. vbulletin has never had a good mobile version... which lead to 3rd party versions like tapatalk, etc which IMO blow.

xenforo is an example of a forum package that scales from desktop to mobile very seemlessly

12. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

No reason to fix something that's not broken. The site itself works VERY WELL on any of my mobile devices.

13. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    You'd have to give me an example of a good mobile site, cos I've not seen one before.
    Exactly. I almost exclusively use a mobile device and have no problems with the site. The only exception is the hover options under the banner, but that's an issue with my device, not the site.

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate them too, but offering a mobile version for websites is pretty standard these days, so its not surprising that a lot of people who use this site are surprised that it doesn't have one. I rarely use internet from my phone, but when I come on here from it, I just disable signatures, and its alright.

15. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    The site does well enough for me on an iphone. Only minus is it's hard to type long posts, but thats the iphone's problem. I'm on a phone for this site 99% of the time :/

16. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Depends on the franchise and on the site.

The other big TF sites have very different traffic than TFW. For years, I spent most of my time on the Allspark. Had an early account on the Ezboards and the hosted one. Canceled it then returned/reregistered a few years later (2006). It was always a good site with a solid sense of community. But if you want to reload or check back for new comments, don't expect it to happen right away. It's active, but not overly so. The site has been busy, as of late, but still not like TFW.

Bleach Asylum is a pretty busy anime forum. 20+ pages of discussion on a new chapter within 24 hours.

I've yet to see a real busy comic book forum. The CBR forums are on the slow side. They used to be much busier. ManWithoutFear.com is very low traffic (DD only - which should explain that). I've not seen a ton of comments on other sites either.

I've seen some pro-wrestling ones that are busy, like TFW.

Mixed results all around. I think some fandoms are just more social.

17. gil

gil Godmaster

That's funny. A big percentage of my posts in the past few years is the Pro-Wrestling thread here on TFW.

As far as this site on my iphone or ipad, I seriously need to figure out how to highlight spoilers (you know, when it's all blacked out). Makes the TV show threads unreadable. Thankfully, the wrestling thread mostly did away with spoilers.

18. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    For iphone, tap the screen, click Copy, paste into Notes. Or hit reply and paste.

19. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    I can C&P photos and that is my only big issue with viewing TFW on a mobile phone,

20. xMostWanted559x

I can't ever use search feature some reason on my phone browser