Forbes Interview with Michael Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Number1sikko, Jun 4, 2009.

1. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

I am refering to ILM. Not saying the explosions were not nice, but reflections on Prime's windows are not a result of Bay's direction. he films the scene, and ILM does everything else.

Bay has a lot of talent, when it comes to action. However, he has about as much depth as a piece of tissue paper.

2. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...or the people who hacked his computer just to get at the script and post what spoilers they could on the internet?

...or the constant whining for a solid year and half that everything he was doing was a travesty, an insult, and of course a "childhood rape"?

I mean, heck, I barely like Transformer fans as it is, and I don't get even 1/10th the bile every web site and forum was spewing during the first film's production. I'm not surprised he would think of "us" as nut cases, whack jobs, and dweebs with way too much free time on their hands.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Actually it's insanely important who the director of a film is.

Without a director films would never get made because you'd have a lot of creative people going a thousand different directions at once and everyone thinking what they were doing was the most important thing to the film. So the director has to get all the creative minds going in the same direction.

With the power a director has they set the tone, the feel, the pace, the look, the well everything of a film. Say a scene requires an actor to cry but the director isn't feeling it, they could just keep shooting the scene until the director felt like yes that's what I'm looking for.

So Micheal Bay's Transformers would be different from Uwe Boll's Transformers, or JJ Abrams Transformers, or Guillermo del Toro's Transformers, or Peter Jackson's Transformers, or Christopher Nolan's Transformers.

All directors brings their strengths and weakness to a film which is why even though Hollywood is very generic things like all superhero films aren't the same because the directors are different.

4. ntsan

ntsan Well-Known Member

THIS

Terminator is never the same when James Cameron is not on, look at T:S.. what a failure even though SFX is quite nice.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WAIT are you serious? What the fuck?!

You guys really deserve nothing from Bay, it actualy makes me happy that some people are so displeased at the direction now.

6. Elvio

Elvio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is your sarcasm meter broken?

:thumbs2: 

7. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    You actually believe that Bay is hands-off with the special effects? That's just lunacy.

8. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously.