For those that didn't like how Bumblebee avoided his death...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WreckNRule426, Sep 19, 2011.

1. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

How would you have handled the moment? Would you have provided another method of him getting out? Would you kill him off anyway? Would you kill someone ELSE off in the process? Etc.

My take: Instead of the ship flying down deus-ex-machina-style, Sam decides while looking at him helplessly that "Hey, he's saved my life a thousand times; I'm so stupid for never repaying him" and runs out to divert Soundwave. This causes Bee and the 'Bots to escape, but Sam's leg gets hit by Soundwave's cannon and is blown off. Ratchet sees this, carts him away in vehicle mode, and fits him with some kind of prototype prosthetic leg.

Of course, it would help even more if the issue of Sam not repaying Bee or relying too much on him for protection was present throughout the movie.

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I would either:
    A - Kill off Ratchet since he does practically nothing
    B - Kill off Bumblebee
    C - Soundwave see's Carly then procedes to tentacle rape her first leaving the others to escape

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kill him off. Keep the scene mostly as it appeared, with 'Bee avoiding a shot to the back of the head by the ship crashing. Shoots the protofrom, Autobots and Decepticons start brawling, etc. Except, rather than getting an uppercut headshot on Soundwave, the 'Con blows a hole right through Bumblebees chest. As he goes down, Ratchet tears Soundwave apart with the buzzsaw he used against Brawl/Devestator in TF07. End scene with Sam staring shocked at Bumblebees lifeless body.

4. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

Sam getting his leg blown off is too graphic for a PG-13 movie. It would have been completely inappropriate, in my opinion. However, the rest of your suggestion which entails Sam distracting Soundwave sounds fine.

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    That would have been amazing. Seriously, it would have had such an emotional impact on every one. However, I would add, Bumblebee been captured (again) by the Decepticons while Sam, Carly, and NEST escape. And Ratchet performing at least some medical thing like assesing his body before reporting he was truly dead.

But then again, a move like this could easily doom the movieverse or any following sequels.

6. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

That... that sounds horrible.

Ratchet dies just because he wasn't a badass?
    How and why should Bumblebee die?

I don't even want to think about C. Soundwave finds it more important to rape a human than kill Bumblebee? Seriously?

If I killed off Bee, it would have been something heroic. Maybe Soundwave could be played up a bit more, maybe he could have replaced Shockwave. That would make him seem like a big threat, spying on Carly, using the Driller in Chernobyl, taking "trophies", destroying the building, using Laserbeak, and generally just giving the Autobots a lot of trouble. He could be a major villain.

Maybe Bumblebee would decide that the world needed to get rid of Soundwave more than it needed him. He could take out Soundwave and get heavily damaged, both by Soundwave himself and his minions.

Ratchet and Dino would help get rid of the 'cons and try to help Bee afterwards. But no, he insists that it's his time to go, that he's damaged beyond repair. Sam would cry and say something along the lines of how he was sorry about all the times he mistreated Bee, and even though he became a part of something beyond his wildest imagination he was glad he got in the car. Bumblebee would tell Sam that he loved him too, and that he needed to stop Dylan from opening the Space Bridge.

Of course, if I were in charge I would never actually kill Bumblebee. He's just too lovable. I don't think Ratchet would leave Bee behind, he would help him get out of the battlefield and try his hardest to keep him alive. When Sam is back with Carly, Ratchet would show him that even though Bumblebee is not 100%, he is indeed alive.

Bumblebee would manage to choke out a few words akin to 2007, asking Optimus and Lennox if he could quit N.E.S.T. and stay with Sam.

7. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    It would have been more dramatic if the movie followed the novel/graphic novel scene wherein Skids and Mudflap died.

8. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I think having Sam shot by sndwve would be too similar to rotf where Sam is shot by megs
    I think the diversion is fine and then Sam could use the weapon he used on SS, on SW which would realy show that Sam is doin somthing to save bb life

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If it was up to me I would have killed Bumblebee off in the first movie and kept Jazz. At least Jazz had the potential to be cool but Bumblebee is just annoying.

10. SideSwipe154

SideSwipe154 Not a Decepticon

in a way, sam didnt have to repay him. bumblebee is his guardian and its his job to protect sam. not a "here ill your life and youll save mine later" kinda deal.

11. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's true.

I honestly would've just had Soundwave kill Bumblebee, only for him to find out that Ratchet/Dino/Who-ever projected a hologram of him to distract him while Bumblebee sneaked around to get Soundwave.

12. tpainzbro

tpainzbro Well-Known Member

i probably would have done it slightly differently I would have kept Que-jack scene the same and up until bumblebee has the gun at his head. Then I would have

brains/wheelie fly one of the ships and use the guns to take out some of the cons. Then i would have Dino use his blades and stab the decepticon holding him then push him into sideswipes captor who then uses his guns to shoot ratchets captor meanwhile bee has broken free of soundwave and now it is an all out brawl. As the brawl ensues Brains and Wheelie crash the ship into even more decepticons and the ship explodes. In all the dust and debris Sam looks for Bumblebee and finds Bee but then BOOM Soundwave shoots Bee right through the chest and everything goes slow as bee drops to the ground as Ratchets catches bee from hitting the ground while Dino and Sideswipe dismantle Soundwave. Then Ratchet desperatley tries to revive bee.

Que the tears

13. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Then why bother killing him? If the death of one of the good guys isn't gonna mean anything then it's just pointless "OMG WE R EDGY" crap like G.I. Joe: Resolute.

14. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

This is how I would have it go:

Bumblebee attempts to break free from the Decepticons (without Wheelie and Brains help), but does not go against Soundwave (because, in my book, Bumblebee. would. be. KILLED.). He's is close to succeeding, but gets shot down (not brutally though). His death allows the other Autobots to escape and take his body. The scene gets emotional (and so do the 6-year-old BB fans), Sam is motivated to really fight this war now, and it creates a darker feel to the film. Everything else that happens throughout the film (replacing BB actions with Wheeljack) happens.

However, in mid-credits, there is a very small scene with Ratchet lifting a golden transformer with his eyes flickering on and Ratchet saying "Time to wake up... Goldbug."
    Overall, the children go through a similar '86 traumatic scene but get a happy ending, the fans get to see more Wheeljack action instead of a quick death (not to mention, Ratchet actually repairs someone), Sam gets more development along with darker plot, and the mid-credit scene indicates a possible sequel (whether there really is one or not.) Everyone's happy!

15. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    If I killed BB, it would not be dramatic. I would change the No Prisoners, Only Trophies scene to have Dino be beheaded and used as a puppet by Soundwave. While he's doing that, Bee would get irked, and Barricade would just blow his head off.

No drama, just BOOM he's dead, LSOTW style.

16. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

How is getting disintegrated down to a skeleton less graphic than that?

17. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

Because, the character whom that happened to was a robot.

18. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Loopholes, gotta love 'em

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Not the humans the decepticons were reducing to a fine red mist during the "conquest" scenes.

20. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This. Though I did like Jazz' death scene (mostly because of the exchange between he and Megatron) I would have loved if he lived on through the rest of the trilogy.