For non-Colossus owners: Is FOC Bruticus in your classics collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    For those of you that have Bruticus but not Colossus, do the Combaticons go in your classics collection?

2. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    No. I have all the FoC figures on their own shelf.

3. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    If I still did a Classics Collection, heck yeah he would. Even with his problems, FOC Bruticus is a fun toy. That was never something I was able to say about Colossus. Colossus had it going on in the looks department, but he was not fun to play with. I honestly couldn't sell him fast enough. G2 FOC Bruticus on the other hand, he gets a place of honor in my collection.

4. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I have all my foc with my classics stuff

5. HomebrewJet

HomebrewJet Well-Known Member

I dont keep specific shelves. I just put stuff where I have room (is that a no no?), but both retail and G2 bruticus are next to eachother. Bruticus maximus is still in the box waiting for the upgrade pieces from FP to ship.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I own FP Colossus, but for the sake of conversation, I'll pretend that I don't. I briefly owned FOC Bruticus. I think I liked the Combaticons a lot more than Bruticus himself. And if I didn't already own Colossus, I probably would've kept them as Combaticons. The individual sculpts and colors on the retail release are very nice.

7. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    I have collouses and foc sdcc verson robot modes are in my set and g2 verson is combined

8. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

yup the dudicus is with my classics decepticons

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um, I have Colossus, and G2 Bruticus is STILL in my Classics collection, as are Generations Onslaught, Swindle, and Blast Off.

Specifically, Colossus is chilling with Unicron at the moment on a sort of catch-all shelf with room for big figures. Right above that I have a new "Cybertronian Decepticon" shelf I'm rather pleased with. G2 Bruticus is chilling with Superlink Scorponok and Piranacon in the back row. In my headspace, Bombshock is the torso of G2 Bruticus and Growl is the "red Swindle" leg, so Onslaught and Swindle can keep doing their awesome thing on their own. I pretend purple Generations Blast Off is a sort of G1/Energon/Movie hybrid version of Blackout.

As if that wasn't enough, I have Universe Onslaught and DotM Vortex on my Earth Decepticons shelf, and am waiting for details on that rumored United Swindle...

I have Combaticon sickness guys

10. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    This for me.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have all three of my Brutici on their own shelf... With the Tomy one soon to join them.

12. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    that's a good thing! :lol 

and i just figured everyone who did own Colossus would have him on their classics shelf

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I don't really divide my toys into specific displays, but I do consider the WfC/FoC bots to be their G1 selves, so in a way "yes".

14. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

You're Supposed to display them??? oh...:confused2 

15. transfan681

transfan681 Retired TF Collector

News Credits:
    i have him on my TF prime decepticon display
    i mix my WFC/FOC figures with my prime display

16. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    I do not own Colossus. And I do own FOC Bruticus. No, he is not on the shelf. No real reason, I just don't want to put it there. I have FOC Bruticus and voyager oundwave as desk toys right now. Same with Grimlock, just because they don't fit on my WFC/FOC shelf.

17. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, because I consider Classics and War/Fall of Cybertron to be two separate things. One is based purely around Earth-modes, while the other is Cybertronian.

It's true that you can use Grimlock and Shockwave as stand-ins since their alt-modes are direct updates, but FoC Bruticus's alt modes aren't, and Vortex is colored wrong. And let's not forget that we already have a proper Classics Onslaught.

18. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I put FoC Brut closer to my classics shelf than FP brut but honestly neither of them are a good enough fit for me.

19. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a fair bet. In the past I have usually had Colossus with Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge on a sort of Season 3 shelf. Most of my Classics 'cons were (and are) on a shelf that's too small for the assembled Colossus, so Universe Onslaught usually hangs out there instead.

I suppose I could always just name the Colossus Onslaught "Bombshock" again and have them chill together, but that feels weirder seeing as they are rocking very similar colors. Whatever, my Combaticon OCD is fickle and unpredictable. I intentionally re-bought Universe Onslaught and kept DotM Vortex in order to have a non-combining team with Generations Swindle, Blast Off, and Brawl. But I couldn't bring myself to buy another Brawl (he's kind of not good) and instead bought ANOTHER Onslaught because he's so good in blue.

It's a disease I'm telling you. I refuse to have three full Bruticuses plus Universe Onslaught in my house! And then whatever that United Swindle is...

ANYWAY, I think Generations has a nicely unified look, even though some are "video game" and some are "G1-inspired." They have been using those designs together in the comics to good effect. So I freely mix them.