For Fun! What is your craziest movie theory?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Galvatross, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Pretty straightforward. What is the most insane, the most ogre-the-top, the most layered theory you have about the movies?

Please DO have supporting evidence and/or reasoning as to why the theory could be true, regardless of how outlandish it is. And of course, have FUN!

Please DO NOT get into arguments about the quality of the movies, Bumblebee vs. Bayverse, etc.

I have posted lots of admittedly out there ideas over the years, such as the Fallen and Quintessa being two faces of the same being (Theory: Have we seen Quintessa before in the movies?), or Barricade and Sideways being the same robot and the Bayverse' Herald of Unicron (Or even that all four are the same!) (Insane Theory: RotF Sideways = Barricade!).

But I have an even crazier theory that I have briefly touched upon before! You want to know what it is?

Quintessa is none other than Lorenzo di Bonaventura!

How could this be possible?

1. While it's never made clear that Quintessa is one of the Creators from Age of Extinction, she does claim to be Prime's maker (although see below, so whether that's true or not remains to be seen). As a producer of the live action movies, Lorenzo is one of the creators of the live action movies.

2. Quintessa is called the "Great Deceiver" by the Guardian Knights as they attack Optimus. Lorenzo has said plenty of things that didn't come to be true, like that Grimlock would get more screen time than in Transformers 4 in The Last Knight. He is perhaps the "Great Deceiver" of the production team at Paramount!

3. Quintessa has the ability to change shapes and take on human form!

4. There's another thing to think about! Lorenzo has said the following about Quintessa's origins:

"You never know, that's part of what the discovery is gonna be. But actually, if you look at the mythology, the mythology of The Quintessa is that she very well and was probably human. So when you go back in time and go through that 6 billion years of mythology, there's certainly a current of thought within it that says she was a human character and perhaps was actually the first one who built the Transformers. So ironically, if that's accurate, then humans built Transformers."

Who knows? Maybe Lorenzo is merely Quintessa's real life disguise! Or perhaps time in the Bayverse is not linear, but cyclical, and Quintessa is Lorenzo six billion years later in a cyclical time cycle! And to survive future calamities in space as the universe ages and attain immortality, Lorenzo, in the future, upgrades himself into a robotic body able to travel between dimensions and survive conditions organic life couldn't! Lorenzo also never said that Quintessa was once a woman, only that she was once human! But he/she is the "Great Deceiver," so who knows the truth?!?

Is this theory insane and there? Absolutely, but what's the point of being a fan if we can't run wild. Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Beyond your wildest imagination! I can't wait to see your crazy theories!

Now have fun!

• Like Like x 12
  2. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not crazy, but just hopeful fan theories:
    • Sam and Carly are believed to be dead, but are actually just living off-grid in some vast unexplored forest or something. Heck, maybe they live in Cuba like Simmons. If he was really dead, Bumblebee would be obvious about it. They all keep in touch just like Cade and Tessa do.
    • Unicron is Earth but he is in such a defeated and lifeless state that he's not a threat. Hence not needing a 6th film.
    • Quintessa has many attempts to destroy Earth, including becoming a U.S senator of a certain red persuasion. But for several possible reasons, either that she realizes she is powerless without her staff or just feels like humanity is so horrible they'll eventually just destroy the planet on their own, she bails and goes into space to wreak havok on some other alien race. Hence no need for a sixth film.
    • Megatron has given up on conquest and goes back to Cybertron content enough with the fact that its back together in any state. Cybertron is more-or-less restored at the end of TLK and thats good enough for him at this point. He has also abandoned the Decepticon cause because he realized that if Mohawk, Nitro, Dread-bot, and Onslaught were the best of the remaining Decepticons, and even now those are all dead, then the Autobots have clearly won the war and there is literally nothing else he can do about it. Some say he spends most of his time at Maccadam's drinking the pain away and rambling on the streets about how credit for restoring Cybertron is his.
    • Edit: Quintessa's staff holds a fragment of the Allspark, or serves as a conduit to it. That way the Allspark origin can still fit into this new narrative.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
  3. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ejector is primus

• Like Like x 12
  4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Softy Crime Lord

News Credits:
    My Criminal Empire (Note: No Crime Allowed)
    I posted this in the fan-theory general discussion a couple weeks ago. But since it's more relevant to the Transformers movies, I'll repost it here too...

Here's something interesting I found. Below is a screenshot of a theory I made back in early 2014 about how Transformers get their names. Four years later, something similar would become official canon in the Bumblebee movie. Obviously it isn't an exact match to what I describe (which is probably for the better...the explanation presented in the movie is much less convoluted)...but it certainly echoes my old fan theory.

I underlined some important parts in red. Forgive the bad grammar, I probably didn't know what I was doing back in 2014, lol.

TF Names.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  5. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Galvatross

I like it, because of what Unicron represents: chaos. If order is going to exist in the universe, then so must its opposite equivalent in order for there to be balance. and that is needed for life to flourish and evolve. And if chaos always needs to exist for life to thrive, then so must Unicron.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's more like he's brain-dead and there's no coming back from that, especially after having a good chunk of energy drained outta him. But sure, chaos and shit. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toad84

Toad84 Well-Known Member

Izabella is Sam and Makayla's daughter.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Softy Crime Lord

News Credits:
    My Criminal Empire (Note: No Crime Allowed)
    I think Quintessa and that alien hand at the beginning of AOE are the same creature. In fact, I think Quintessa's original form is that alien. I think she took on a Cybertronian-looking form in order to make brainwashing Optimus easier. I think both her robot form and her human form were disguises.

Oh, and she used the Allspark to give life and sentience to the Transformers after she built them from the metal she harvested on Earth. I like to think she has a whole closet full of Allspark cubes around. I don't think the one in the 2007 movie was the only one, it was just the only one the Transformers were aware of and had in their possession. In fact, I think Merlin's staff was an Allspark cube in a different form.

My evidence is that (#1) her go-to Earth disguise is organic, and (#2) she claims to be Optimus' creator, despite the last movie claiming that alien hand was the creator of the Transformers. The easiest solution? They are one in the same. And her staff can grow/shrink, and supposedly has creation abilities. Very similar to the Allspark.

• Like Like x 9
  10. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heres mine. Hugo savings and frank welkers megatron are two different megatron's because Frank's megatron he seems more caring especially when he found screamers head and was not a hot head. While Hugo's was just shoot being a dick and getting killed.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    All of the Decepticons from TF1 were revived alongside Megatron.

There are many discrepancies within the Megatron revival scene in Revenge of the Fallen, one of which being the number of Decepticons that swim back up to the surface.

As a recap, five contacts are detected descending to the Laurentian Abyss, that being Ravage, Mixmaster, Rampage, Long Haul, and Scrapmetal, who erroneously uses Scrapper’s CGI model. In order to revive Megatron, Scrapmetal is brutally ripped apart by the other Constructicons, dropping the count to four. Megatron is then revived, and we are then told that six contacts are detected rising up.
    A3987223-DC93-490B-B9B7-CE07B9F61232.jpeg
    Who is this mysterious sixth contact? Now, this is probably just one of the MILLION continuity errors and mistakes that plague the films, but this is called the crazy movie theory thread for a reason. What if I told you that that sixth contact was actually none other than Blackout, reborn as Grindor.
    upload_2020-6-28_21-17-49.jpeg
    Grindor never shows up at all in the movie until after Megatron is revived, and when he does, it is kind of abrupt. He also has this worn down and rusted look in some shots. Perhaps this is a result of him being at the bottom of the ocean for 2 years?

Now what about the other two dead Decepticons from the first film, Brawl and Bonecrusher? Well, when the Fallen and his assailants land on earth, they crash into an aircraft carrier. Maybe these aircraft carriers were guarding the Laurentian Abyss as well?

Bonecrusher, or at least someone who looks identical to him and has the same alt mode, appears in the final battle and is even the one to take out the Arcee sisters.
    upload_2020-6-28_21-27-12.jpeg

Brawl does not appear in the desert battle, but appears in the proceeding film in Chicago with his deep desert color scheme.
    upload_2020-6-28_21-30-28.jpeg
    Perhaps the Fallen, needing all the help he can get for his assault on the planet, decided to revive the two Decepticons? I personally like to believe this over the idea that they are separate Decepticons that somehow look identical.

• Like Like x 11
  12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    If the Fallen can just revive people at will, why didn't he come to Earth and revive Megatron himself instead of going through the trouble of retrieving the Allspark shard? He could have gotten in and out before Optimus even knew what had happened.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Galvatross

Gotcha. Although at the same time, who says Unicron needs to be evil? Or at least when he does cause destruction, he has a legitimately good reason to? That could be something of interest worth exploring.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    I wasn’t really sure as to how Bonecrusher and Brawl come back, more about the fact that they do. It could also be a case that they were revived alongside Blackout and Megatron, but didn’t surface until later. But, then that brings the question of why they would wait so long.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Galvatross

Maybe because Bonecrusher and Brawl can't fly? :lol 

EDIT: But the Constructicons have no problem diving and surfacing.

Maybe they were just buried under more sediment or debris than Megatron?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's another one I had ages ago that I've said in the thread I posted:

Sentinel Prime's plan to bring Cybertron to Earth was inspired by the prophecy of Cybertron colliding to Earth from the knight's table (1:35) in TLK.

Originally, I was confused on how he wanted to rebuild Cybertron using Earth's resources in DOTM but with the whole 'draining the Earth's energy' thing in TLK... I guess that makes much more sense. :dunce 

• Like Like x 12
  17. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Voyager Class

News Credits:
    Almost every Decepticon we've ever seen in the movies is a drone. Besides guys like Starscream and Soundwave, of course.

What defines most Bayformers Decepticons? They don't talk, have barely any personality and could amount to... you guessed it, drones! The frequent rate of model reuses by ILM would certainly also give way to this idea. Why would they reuse a clearly dead character instead of a Protoform? What if it's because that character isn't really a character at all? Here's a list of every instance of model recycling in the five films:
    1. Bonecrusher - Buffalo MPV Decepticon - Transformers Wiki
    2. Blackout - Grindor
    3. Brawl - had a tan coloured copy in DOTM (M1 Abrams Decepticon - Transformers Wiki)
    4. Sideways - Audi R8 Decepticon - Transformers Wiki
    5. Rampage - comes in variations of red and yellow, the yellow one formed Devastator
    6. Scalpel/The Doctor - Megatron had a dozen fixing his head in DOTM (Lensmeter Decepticon - Transformers Wiki)
    7. Demolisher/Scavenger - colour variations of each other, one in red and the other in white
    8. Mixmaster - one formed Devastator while another was killed by Jetfire
    9. Long Haul - one was part of Megatron's revival crew and another was part of Devastator while Canopy, Onslaught, the garbage truck in DOTM (Garbage truck Decepticon - Transformers Wiki), and Igor all reuse parts of him in some way:
      • Canopy shares the same body repainted yellow
      • Onslaught shares his body design with new elements and kibble
      • The garbage truck decepticon resembles a protoform, de-dump trucked Long Haul
      • Igor is a decapitated Long Haul head
    10. Scrapper - Trench, Scrapmetal (he was a reused Scrapper model in ROTF), and one copy in DOTM that got killed by Optimus's rampage
    11. Crankcase - Berserker
    12. Crowbar - Dreadbot
    13. Hatchet - never had a TLK copy but all the Dreads were implied in the games and comic adaptations to be drones (Enforcer - Transformers Wiki, Assaulter - Transformers Wiki)
    14. Junkheap - copies of him were seen in TLK
    15. Two Head - more than one were seen together on-screen, thus implying they are mass produced drones
    16. KSI Boss - multiples roamed Hong Kong, they also share a body type with Nitro Zeus, though the latter as a drone is unlikely in my opinion
    17. KSI Sentries - at least 50 of them were built according to Joshua Joyce and come in all sorts of colours
    That’s quite a lot, eh? Starscream as a Seeker is also very likely to be mass produced along with Thundercracker and Skywarp of the comics/toys. Lastly, as the trend of body doubles of the first of the latter continues with Nitro Zeus in SS, it’s possible Nitro is also a Seeker drone, but one that’s newer, more advanced.

• Like Like x 2
  18. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) After the events of DOTM, Harold Attinger not only created Cemetery Wind to destroy the Autobots, but also kill off any of those who had associations with them previously.

To me, he killed off Sam and his family, Carly, Leo, Epps, and most likely Mikaela and her father for good measure.

Lennox escaped due to some blip on the radar, and Simmons simply escaped to Cuba, where he couldn't be touched.

It makes the most sense to me, since the Autobots seem to have forgotten all about Sam, and since Bay doesn't really like continuity, the idea that "they're all dead" seems to fit in my wheelhouse.

2) The Allspark shard that was used on Megatron in ROTF, is the reason why he seems to be invincible. We never do see where The Doctah strikes it into his body, but my feeling is in his head. Why? Well, because after Prime tears Megatron's head from his body in DOTM, the head is still active (according to Brains).

Though I also have the idea that after Megatron transforms on the highway in AOE to confront the Autobots, the strange sounds he makes, is him attempting to will the Transformium to give himself a new voicebox.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Galvatross

A few more.

First, and connecting multiple theories together, including the craziest one that I posted, is that Lorenzo is Quintessa, who is also the Fallen. They're both evil Primes who want to destroy Earth with Egyptian design influences, the ability to manipulate matter in a way that defies gravity it seems, and the ability to travel in between dimensions. The Fallen

Furthermore, Sideways and Barricade are one in the same and a self-healing, Herald of Unicron posing as a Decepticon...and both are the same as Lorenzo/Quintessa/The Fallen! Quintessa seems obsessed with Unicron and destroying him. The Fallen's obsessed with destroying Earth AKA Unicron. Barricade says, "I've lived for this. I've lived to kill a planet!"

And guess what? Neither Lorenzo, nor Quintessa, nor the Fallen, nor Sideways, nor Barricade ever share screen time together, despite at least one of them being found in all five Bay movies! One robotic being with amazing regenerative powers and other abilities, and who is also very deceptive toward everyone...including the audience!

Another theory! Most mass extinctions through Earth's history were caused by Unicron and his tendency to eat other planets! Not so much by the collision either (He tends to suck this up from between his horns), but, like organic animals, whenever Unicron eats, he produces waste! And that means a planetary poop! Countless trillions of tons of ejecta from his butt results in the form of volcanic eruptions and gas being released into the atmosphere, resulting in extreme changes in the atmosphere and environment, causing ecosystem collapse and species extinctions on a global scale!

And speaking of Unicron pooping, that is where the Allspark came from! Allsparks are the super dense solid wastes of Unicron after he consumes countless sentient robots alive. His digestive system and chaos god powers trap their souls into a technologically advanced metal turd; in A.I. purgatory or Hell, they begin to lose their former selves, and the souls or Sparks become like feral animals in the process of being imprisoned within Unicron's turd. Every time the Allspark comes in contact with a lifeless machine, one of the "souls" or Sparks gets released into their new mechanical body. However, after being in robot Hell or purgatory, they have lost many of their former personality or character traits, and consequently now act like feral robots instead of the robots they once were!

• Like Like x 1
  20. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Voyager Class

News Credits:
    While he was never confirmed to be a copy, I believe the Barricade we saw in DOTM was also one. It’s all too convenient. Call it bad writing, but where the hell was he in ROTF?

I believe the Barricade we know was killed off-screen by Optimus Prime. After killing Bonecrusher, Barricade surprise attacked and engaged with Prime, only to be decapitated comic book-style.
    upload_2020-6-29_13-55-15.jpeg
    This distraction gave Megatron time to get to Mission City and wreck havoc. Without Barricade’s sacrifice Prime would’ve engaged with Megatron and drastically reduce the collateral damage.

So what about what happened to him in TLK? That’s not Barricade. At least, that wasn’t THE Barricade.

Quintessa rules Cybertron, who’s to say she doesn’t have a stack of non activated drones just lying around her lair? Not to mention, if she could easily turn this:
    upload_2020-6-29_14-2-7.jpeg
    Into this:
    upload_2020-6-29_14-2-23.jpeg
    It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that she could also turn an insect faced MoFo into a more aerodynamic, more agile, and more intelligent model to aid Megatron.
    upload_2020-6-29_14-1-30.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-29_14-2-50.jpeg

• Like Like x 3