For FP Code owners, what do you think of TR Dome

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by trence5, Dec 6, 2016.

1. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Has TR Chromedome replace FP Code to you?

2. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Nope...almost though. I like the size of the FP headmasters next to my other CHUGs...kinda Deloyagers. I have the nonnef feet for my TR Hardhead, that makes it the same height as Code. The TR headmasters are deluxes, which are too small for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LazyAza

LazyAza color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Why would he? Code is still lightyears better than the tr figure.

Also I own Cupola so like if anything the only other version I'd want of the character now is a super tiny one and thankfully UT already has that covered.

• Like Like x 2
  4. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:

For me TR Chromedome hits way more marks than Code. Sold Code immediately and don't regret it a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  5. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Neither are great, and nor is the TT TR version that great, either. Don't want masterpiece scale, not happy with poor paint colour mapping and strange Head on Code, either.

I really wish a KO set of OS TR headmasters comes out...

• Like Like x 1
  6. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Don't like TR Dome. Legends Dome, however, looks pretty good. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  7. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I'm with breaux man. TR Domey is pretty close to the Dead End/Wildrider/Streetwise/Prowl/Smokescreen mold, which I thought was one of the best CW molds. I like his bot mode proportions (Code's is built like a dorm fridge with limbs) and how he's evocative of MTMTE Domey, plus since Code lacks ankle tilts TR Domey isn't losing by much in articulation.

Code has better accessories, more detail on the Headmaster and in the cockpit, and is a little bigger, though. He looks better with the other FP Headmasters (of which I'm just missing Browning, not counting repaints). But the main reason I prefer Code, and the main reason I prefer most of FP's Headmasters, is that he's got a clever transformation that hides his car bits and leaves almost no kibble. TR Domey's got the tires on his legs and, more egregious, the front end of the car for a backpack.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Code has an awesome, interesting transformation but TR Chromedome is a better representation of the actual character. And it has much better articulation. I still like Code but TR Chromedome absolutely replaced it in my Classics collection.

• Like Like x 1
  9. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Amazingly I quite like both. I know that's frowned upon and you have to pick a side around here but but both have good and bad points.

Code has done a fine job for quite a while now and has the engineering, TR Domey is better proportioned and just more fun to mess with. As I have different displays on different shelves I also have no need to "replace" anything. They both do their respective jobs just fine.

My one concern with Code is that it will always nag at me if FP don't get around to making a Hardhead to at least round out their Four Warriors. For a change Hastak got that done pretty quickly and haven't left me hanging.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The New Guy

The New Guy Well-Known Member

I probably wouldn't have bought Code if I had Chromedome beforehand, but now that I have him I have no intention of swapping for the TR figure. The transformation of Code is just so satisfying, so I can't see myself removing it from my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    Code is the better figure but I decided to make space and generate extra money by selling Code and replacing it with the satisfactory TR Chromedome.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I would never change from the larger, better painted, higher quality FP Headmasters to official ones. If official ones had come out before FP's, I'd be conflicted - this way, it's a no brainer.

The ONLY one I'm on the fence about is Highbrow, the official one has an undoubtedly better alt mode, but it's IMO overly simplistic when it comes to transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Code is still far and away my favorite representation of Chromedome in every aspect: the sculpt, the quality of materials, the way the headmaster bot looks, the absolute brilliance and joy of the transformation, the size, the surprise holiday release when we had no idea FP was even considering headmasters.

TR Domey is totally fine, but bot mode doesn't quite convey Chromedome for me and overall he's probably my least favorite TR deluxe. The other TR toys feel new to me and Domey feels a lot like a Combiner Wars leftover. I do like him though.

This is just for comparisons sake on individual merits as I'm quite happy keeping them both in my collection.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  14. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    They are 2 completely different toys homaging two nearly completely different characters. Code represents G1/Headmasters Chromedome, and the TR Chromedome is very specifically IDW Chromedome. The two don't compare at all to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  15. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    100% this.

Wanted to write this, but this Gentleman had it covered.

Also, deluxes are too small for my voyager/IDW collection.

Regardless, I don't do G1 in said collection; so I ended up trading Code awhile back. He was super cool, but I don't miss him a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I'm cool with them both. Except for designs that scream straight outta G1, I usually just accept 'cool robot' before I even regard style.

TR Dome is everything I liked about CW engineering, sans combiner port. Code is still a super clever design whose chief failing is his shoulder and thigh ranges (not thrilled with the weapons' grips, but that's an FP/MT thing in general).

• Like Like x 1
  17. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

One's a cheap updated G1 toy to modern standards and ones an expensive update to a G1 toy but with less design restrictions due to it's cost. They are both really trying to achieve the same thing but on a different budget.
    I really like my TR Chromedome but wouldn't swap him for Code even though I know Code is better. I just don't care for the headmasters line enough to justify the price over the TR stuff. Same goes for all the headmaster characters.

• Like Like x 1
  18. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Code superior, Domey inferior.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

I like the looks of TR dome a lot so I abandoned my self imposed limits on having only one version of most characters in the same scale. But F(x) is my jam, and I love Code. One of the best figures I own. Will not let him go.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really like the TR Chromedome at all.. I can't help but see the Combiner Wars figure underneath the colors on him....

I'm glad i picked up Code of the For Sale Board on here..

Granted I was pretty negative on Titans in general, but i've come around.. TR Hardhead and Brainstorm are really nice figures.. so it's not that...

I, like others have stated, really like the transformation of Code.