For all you Hip-Hop heads...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SHOGUN, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Nice. Is that best you can come up with?

I just broke off a dope rhyme dawg, gave you my band link AND did up those badass TFs in my sig. Whatchu got "dawg?"

2. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

:rolleyes: 

I'm not even gonna respond to this.

3. SentinelPrime

Ebay:
    btw, one of the reason these boards are crappy is that people can throw around things like "fuck you rap haters" and no one cares. I constantly hear TFs are for kids, ever think KIDS might be on here? Irresponsible.

4. SentinelPrime

Ebay:
    Of course not, because you have nothing to say.

(btw it's nice when people say they aren't going to respond DON'T)

5. jet convoy

:lol 

Man, your funny. I bet your nothing but a scrub in real life.

6. SentinelPrime

Ebay:
    A "scrub." Now you are quoting mid 90s pop songs. Weak, man. You really aren't doing yourself much good at this point.

And as far as a scrub (and you say I'm the one that watches mtv; nice) try a house, 2 cars, a daughter, a band, and a growing toy collection.

I thought you weren't gonna reply....

7. jet convoy

8. SentinelPrime

Ebay:
    I like your creative use of smileys, very DJ like. At least I'm not the one with rip Ol' Dirty Bastard in my sig. :rolleyes: 

9. jet convoy

10. JCurwen

JCurwen Now with 10% more ego!

I comprehend it just fine. I just think it sucks.

11. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I don't typically care for the argument I'm about to make, but considering your claim, I can't help but suggest it.

http://www.tfw2005.com/links/transformers-downloads-links-7.php

If it's so easy, then do it. Put together a full musical track and show us just how easy it is. Because if Tony Bacala can put together 200 different tracks, and you can give us that dope rhyme, then SURELY it can't be too hard, right?

12. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Ugh. You know, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am totally opposed to flame wars and flaming people AND I hope I don't get in trouble by this but...

SentinelPrime, you are ignorant about the subject of hip hop and rap. You don't like the genre, that's fine. But your spouting off hate and framing it like its fact or even relevant.

Ugh. Grow up.

13. SentinelPrime

Ebay:
    Fine, if I ever get the spare time to edit some digital drum beats with transformer samples and themes, then I will. It's really simple, just drag and drop, cut and paste. 200 tracks is just a matter of how much time you have to edit tracks together, even you could do it if you had the software.

Now coming up with an entire song from nothing, that's a little more impressive. I don't hear 200 original songs with original melodies, I hear cut and paste editing, no offense; it's fine for what it is, but let's keep this in the perspective of the real world, here.

14. SentinelPrime

Ebay:
    Again, more baseless insults with no backing up of opinions, or counter arguments to suggest I'm wrong, only lame insults.

I'd suggest that you grow up instead, but clearly you are a rap fan so that's asking alot.

15. Jux

Tony's "Identity" work has original vocals and original music.

16. SentinelPrime

Ebay:
    I'll listen to it.

17. Jux

Well, based on your prior posts, I doubt you'll care much, seeing as how it also contains "samples" and "drumbeats."

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Rap's pretty cool, it sounds great with my guitar. Rap's alot harder to make than it seems, there's alot of timing to perfect and that can be murder. I don't listen to much rap though, I love the metal, but I still see rap artist go nuts over trying to perfect that track as much as bands do. If rap artist did'nt use so many classic track samples for their music, then alot of it would be forgotten. Some of the greatest songs were brought back to life thanks to rap/hiphop, and it made the originals popular again. Which makes extra money for the original artist. Maybe enough to get their old career back together. Things have changed, it's not just rock bands or Whitney Houston doing covers anymore. Music has evolved in so many forms that you cant really classify it all as rap or hip hop since so many styles are original and some revolutionary. So hating it all without giving it a listen would seem hypocritical.
    Im not into rap lyrics, but oranizing all the audio channels together into one vibe can be a mission. There's just so much rap and different styles of it these days it's easy to stereotype it all into one category. Plus dj'ing aint easy
    Im not fond of 50cent either, but love some Eric B.
    Too hate ALL rap would seem old fashioned and stuck in the past IMO
    Open the mind a little, there are some good talented stuff out there.

Just like rock,pop, metal, ect, there's always going to be some crappy rap songs that almost makes the whole scene look bad.
    If you truly love music, then you'd learn to respect all it's forms

Not trying to argue, just adding my cents. Feel free to disagree, just watch the insults.

19. SentinelPrime

Ebay:
    Hey, I'll give anything a shot. I understand these are TF themed songs, so sampling is necessary here, that's fine. No one is claiming these are masterpieces or original works to my knowledge.

20. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, just give it up already. If you hate this board, go find another, there are millions. If you hate rap, fine. Good for you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, your's is no better then others. And I think you need to apologise to Tony, this is his site, like him or hate him. We all owe him a little respect, I'm not saying kiss his ass (like you will probably say I am doing) just respect him for what he has contributed to the fandom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.