Following TF2:ROTF at rottentomatoes.com

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by evebird, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

this movie better ROCK...

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Did I ever say I have anything against people who think it is/will be bad?

No. People can think whatever they want. I also have criticisms of the movie, but when people resort to insulting others in their reviews, it VERY much irks me.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I wonder if the same people bashing Rotten Tomatoes now wouldn't be singing it's praises if the film had a higher Tomato Rating. And those stuck up pretentious movie critics would likely be called enlightened intellectuals with the pulse of the common man if they were giving the film great reviews.

Sadly though everyone isn't going to leave their brain out in the car just so they can enjoy the film, nor will every film critic go out and read all the comic books and novels needed to fill in the stuff you need to know but the film didn't give you. Some people like effects only films and that's okay because we all have different tastes, but you can't expect everyone to over look flaws just because the effects were great.

I guess in a few weeks we will get the money argument for how great the film is since Bay really didn't offer up anything to make critics change their mind about the rather predictable Bay formula to film making.

4. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

Feedback for TF:ROTF from Devin of Chud after seeing it

http://chud.com/forum/showthread.php...58#post2621258

"WOLVERINE was almost an hour shorter. Therefore WOLVERINE was better."

devincf (devincf) on Twitter

"they are stereotypes about 1 hour ago from TwitterFon
    Racist robots look like monkeys, speak jive, one has a gold tooth, they can't read. about 2 hours ago from TwitterFon Here's the question about this movie: why is it so BORING? why is there so little action? Why so much slooooow bullshit?
    about 2 hours ago from TwitterFon And I REALLY like the first TRANSFORMERS.about 2 hours ago from TwitterFon Also, TRANSFORMERS is fucking shockingly racist. Not kidding.
    about 2 hours ago from TwitterFon TRANSFORMERS is a disaster. A tedious, grueling disaster."

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I call it The Awards Opinion Effect. If Transformers doesn't win a certan award then they're all rigged and the award doesn't mean anything anyway. If it does win something then it's proof and validation of how great the thing was all along because winning those awards mean something.

6. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

Anyone watching RT to track how "good" this movie is is wasting their time. Of all of Michael Bay's films thus far, only one (The Rock at 66%) has actually broken the 60% threshhold to be considered "fresh." Most tend to hover between 40%-50% with a couple exceptions. He's a love him or hate him type of director. I don't anticipate his movies ever pleasing everyone.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

...wow. I tihnk you just did the thing where you say something that is absolutely and completely true, but not at all in the way you meant it.

8. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

down to 41%. yeesh. dont get me wrong im a fanboy and im seeing the imax premiere, but it is *slightly* dissapointing to see RT score so low, considering 8 times out of 10 i watch a movie in a theatre based on their rating because anytime ive seen a crappy movie then checked the score on the site, it was a terrible rating.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    interestingly, i'm finding that regardless of whether the reviews are bad or good, they're all saying pretty much the same thing, that it's a robot overload and a sensory onslaught. the critics seem to be basing their decisions on whether or not that's how they like their movies. given that most critics aren't into awesome sensory overloads, i'm not surprised that they hated the movie and think it's stupid. but in reality, it sounds like we're getting exactly what we wanted: two and half hours of crazy robot action.

10. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    agreed. and i love him. obviously his movies aren't "good movies", whatever that means, but they still totally kick ass.

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Nah,, I don't give a sh*t about those critics on that site.

12. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

me and my family have never listened to what critics have said about a movie

13. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Lol, dropped to 38%. All of their criticisms are the same. Big, loud and annoying, like a videogame, too long. Are there even any legitimate criticisms this time around?

14. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

Thread summary:

WHAAA! Some critics are ripping the movie!

WHAAA! So they must be prissy pricks OR thier criticisms are basied on nothing!

WHAAA! No, Wait! Its BOTH, they are pricks and have illegitimate issues with the film!

WHAAA! I seek validation through Rotten Tomatoes web site and it is letting me down!

WHAAA! I'm too insecure to tolerate the opinions of others and must lash out at nonconformity!

WHAAA! I have no self-restraint, and must now spew massive nerd rage at the exposeing of my insecurities! GEEWUNER! Monkey not trukk! Hater!

WHAAA! That Frisky Pinewood prick has been playing captain obvious again! He must still be bitter about turning Rosie O'Donald gay!

15. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    A good review lays out the facts, what the movie has or hasn't, what's appealing and what's not, what demographic would love it, how well does the actors portray their roles, how the plot flows, etc.

But what irks me is when reviewers make insinuations about how you need to be a braindead **** to enjoy the movie, or try to take the intellectual high-ground that he's too smart to enjoy such a film.

Excellent film critics give you the facts about a movie and tells you its pros and cons. He's free to make his conclusions about whether he likes it or not.
    But that's as far as any review should go. There is absolutely no need for insults or petty references such as, if you like this movie then you belong to a certain IQ group and etc.

16. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

The first movie is my fav movie ever, I give it a 15, out of 10. its that awesome.

I don'tgive a shit what other people think, this second movie is gonna kick so much ass in my books. I can't wait :D 

17. skidz180

skidz180 Observer

Why the hell would you twitter during the movie! Blink and you will miss something! I dont give a shit about twitter or those douches with the pretentious reviews.

18. BumbleeDude

BumbleeDude Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why critics think this movie could be anything else other than a big, silly, summer visual spectacle. The subject matter isn't exactly high-brow so why would Bay (or any other director for that matter) force it to be something it's not....

19. Getter Rekka

Getter Rekka Well-Known Member

Developing something into something better isn't "forcing it to be something it's not". For example the G1 comics developed a lot when Simon Furman came on(and not just Simon Furman's stories either, but around that time).

There is no reason TFs can't be good. I think this attitude is what aggrivates a lot of people.

If a movie is trashy, it's trashy. Using excuses like it's MEANT to be trashy only works if the movie is meant to be ironic on some level - which it's not.

20. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

it just went down to 38%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.