Minor/Repaint: FOC Wreckers

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Housewife2000, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Hi guys and girls,

I’ve been a huge fan of the Wreckers since growing up reading the Marvel UK comics in the 80s, and the FOC team is a great representation – except for a few colour choices. Too much orange, not enough classic G1. So I broke out my paints and tried to remedy that.

I very rarely customise figures, and always try to do the minimum amount of repainting, looking for small areas on the figure that aren’t going to rub during transforming or playing. Therefore, most of these tweaks are fairly minor. In all cases I used citadel paints and a clear nail varnish coat once dry.

[​IMG]

With Roadbuster, I took my cue from archieboy’s excellent repaint with brown on the shoulders and legs. I left the head how it is as I don't mind the lack of orange – and I wanted it to remain inconspicuous when in vehicle mode.

[​IMG]

Whirl gets a splash of allspark blue on his chest and skirt, with a yellow eye.

[​IMG]

I liked nefud’s Impactor repaint, but matched the purplish navy already on the figure rather than try for a different purple.

[​IMG]

Twin-twist gets an actual mod: I couldn’t find a way to satisfactorily attach his drill weapon in alt mode – it sits between his treads but doesn’t hold in place. So I figured I’d saw the top off his cannons and fit the drills to them. Now his drill tank mode is more practically designed to demolish Decepticon siege armature with the drills mounted on the articulated turret (and his robot mode has a more G1 silhouette). Then I added a little white over the orange on his shoulders and shins.

[​IMG]

Finally, Topspin just has a little blue added to his shoulders and legs.

[​IMG]

While I love that Hasbro included the extra weapons with the Wreckers set, I tend to only use Impactor's harpoon as a) it fits the character, and b) the rest of the weapons tend to clutter up the Wreckers' alt modes.

Wreck and Rule!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i don't know why, but i love what you've done with impactor. just the paint swap on the helmet makes a world of difference

3. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Thanks! The new head sculpt is perfect - it just need that colour swap on the helmet / shoulders.