Foc: Who should continue Megatron’s voice, Frank Welker or Fred Tatasciore?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, Oct 11, 2011.

?

Who should voice Megatron in Fall of Cybertron?

1. Frank Welker

41 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. Fred Tatasciore

43 vote(s)
    51.2%
  1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    While I love Frank and he will always be Megatron to me, I enjoyed the hell out of Fred Tatasciore's performance in WFC. I thought he paid respect to Frank's Megatron while adding his own brand to it. Even a buddy of mine who demanded that Frank should've been given the role was impressed once he played the game and heard Fred.

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    They had Frank audition for Megatron for WFC, but the Megatron of WFC wasn't an old experienced leader - not quite as old as the Megatron Welker usually plays. I don't think much time has occurred between the story of WFC and Fall of Cybertron, so Megs likely hasn't aged much - therefore, keep Tatasciore, who was an epic Megatron.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't know that Mr. Welker auditioned, when was this confirmed. I thought I read/watched every video...guess I missed one. So Megatron is supposed to be young, huh? Younger than Optimus; Mr. Cullen's seasoned voice makes Optimus sound pretty old and wise. I suppose I still have the original cartoon stuck in my head, but I always saw Megatron older than Optimus, probably becuase his attack on the docks Orion was working on is what brought about Orion's Transformation.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am in love with Welker's performance in TFP, he totally won me over. Tatasciore is great too though. Undecided here.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But these robotic beings are nothing like us. Besides, we've seen characters like Soundwave use a voice that wasn't his own to communicate. Bumblebee too. But anyway, you like the original voice, and you'd like to keep it as is;) 

Yet, if they follow the movie, novel and Prime, Bumblebee is set to undergo a voice change. It won't be Dan, but it probably won't be Johnny Young Bosch either:/

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I think Cullen was included for being... well, Cullen. How much more Optimus do you get than the iconic Cullen? Despite Cullen's aged, rich voice, Optimus is clearly a more loose and not-quite-that-serious as he is later in Prime. See his snark to Bumblebee in Kaon, or many of his battle quotes.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Tatasciore did a very good job as Megatron - I had no problems accepting his take on the character. If they want to use Welker, that's fine, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am never going to get use to seeing FOC in the Thread title. :p 

Anyways, I vote for Franky.

9. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    We could have both! We could have Fred throughout the game and Frank at the end.
    Hear me out.
    Toward the end of the game, Optimus could defeat Megs in a final battle. During the end sequence it could cut to a "left for dead" Megs infusing himself with more dark energon causing even more insanity and changing his voice and personality to more resemble the TFP Megs.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel the same way about Mr. Welker. His portrayal of Megatron has been the standard since the beginning, much like Chris Latta’s Starscream.

:lol  I never really thought about FoC until now. That does sound pretty bad. Sort of reminds me of meet the Fockers now.
    I wonder if Dark Energon still plays a part in this story. Either way, having the game end with Megatron defeated/injured (finally giving us an Optimus Prime vs Megatron boss fight) would be awesome, and they could even tie it to the G1 Cartoon in which the Constructicons built or in this case, rebuilt Megatron.
    I found his voice alright, though I can’t say I was too pleased with it, but perhaps it wasn’t the performance itself, but the lines given him. Megatron was a dick—he made me laugh a lot, but the lines given him didn’t really sound like Megatron to me. I not a fan of gladiator roid-rage Megatron. I want to see a strong, competent, methodical leader.

11. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Tatasciore doing the voice. If WFC and Prime end up connected, I'd like to see some kind of progressive voice change, due to Dark Energon or something.

12. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really enjoyed Fred Tatasciore's take on Megatron. I have no issues with him returning.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dark Energon is one of the things that make it impossible for these two to be the exact same story—not saying that cannot be in the same continuity, just not the same story, especially if this is supposed to be considered a prequel. War For Cybertron starts off with Megatron tracking down Dark Energon on a Cybertronian Orbital Station which was one of (if not the only place) to have manufactured the discontinued volatile synthesized Energon with volatile results—it isn’t the blood of Unicron in WFC.

Transformers Prime starts off with Megatron locating and using Dark Energon for the first time, which doesn't fit with WFC, as it's the first thing Megatron does is obtain and use Dark Energon for the first time.

14. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument Of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I actually want Corey Burton to reprise his role from Transformers Animated. I really believe he has the most charismatic and interesting voice for Megatron.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I think Freddy's voice is best for this Megatron. Changing it to Welker now would seem weird.

16. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My vote goes to Tatasciore as well. Don't get me wrong, Welker does a brilliant job as Megatron in Prime, but he's not the only one who can do a good Megatron voice. Weaving did him pretty well in the film series, and I think Tatasciore was brilliant as Megatron in War for Cybertron, so I'd like to see him come back, and I'd be slightly disappointed if he didn't.

But then again, I'd like all of the voices to stay the same. They were all so perfect! And plus, I'm a sucker for consistency.

17. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

If they're continuing to try to shoehorn Prime and WfC into the same continuity (no matter how little sense or how contradictory it is) then stick with Welker.

If they're not, then stick with Tatasciore.

18. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    They aren't. This is an Aligned Continuity, same back story but divergent paths.

19. Aussiemus

Aussiemus New Member

I say we should make Frank Welker Megatron once again. Especially since there have been one or two changes in the cast already for Fall of Cybertron (also: more than just merely hinted that Frank is in the next game as Megatron anyway. Same with Steve Blum as Starscream)

However, I have more to add. Though Frank's new take in TF: Prime is just PERFECT for Megatron PERIOD, Fred Tatasciore... I understand that the game went more Hugo Weaving Megatron, but in the end it was quite awesome. Fred is however, potentially perfect for GALVATRON! That mighty deep growling is somewhat remeniscent of Leonard Nimoy. So... M no.1 choice for Megatron will ALWAYS be Frank. Always had been, always will be. Then it's a two-way tie for second with Fred Tatasciore and David Kaye (who should just be in there somewhere again.) But bring Fred back for the evolved status of Megs: Galvatron. ALSO BRING BACK TRYPTICON AND OMEGA SUPREME!!!!

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Since they're making more obvious connections to Prime (Cliffjumper's head, Megatron's cannon and alt-mode, etc...), I would love to see them bring in Welker to do the voice.