FOC Soundwave Laserbeak Cassette (too tight of a fit)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by derbyhat7, Dec 29, 2012.

1. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just picked up FOC soundwave and laserbeak fits but not smoothly. I actually had to put a little force to get him in there. After I got him in, I tried ejecting him and since its not a smooth fit, he wont eject properly. He just gets stuck towards the front. Its like you need to wear him in, but I dont wanna do that because that will scratch up soundwaves inside and/or laserbeak. Im disappointed. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Move thread to Toy section,

But YES, I had the same problem. The problem is a 90deg angle.

See, If you look on the rim of his disc hole..(wow...did I just say that!?!)
    The exterior rim has a nice radius to allow easy loading. Now, Look on the other side. Its a nasty 90deg with mold flash.
    Add to that there are two "resistance nubs" that are on the top and bottom.

Mine was so bad, Ratbat was STUCK inside. Had to use tools.

to fix: I dremeled a nice radius on the entire interior rim, and trimmed down the resistace burrs. If your decent you could do exactly what I did with a SHARP exacto knife.

result: Discs pop out with almost no effort, all 3 as well, and pleasantly plop down about 2-3 inches from soundwave...instead of shooting across the room from massive force.

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Could you possibly accomplish the same thing with some fine grit sand paper? For those of us with no dremel handy.

Got the same issue with my Soundblaster and I'd like to fix it so I can atleast store Buzzsaw in there without him getting stuck like he already did once already.

4. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    It will take longer, but yes, sandpaper should work.