FoC Soundwave and Soundblaster released in Australia!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Niv3k, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Thats nice....bring on Blaster!

2. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    anyone else notice the seat behind his gun emplacement in vehicle mode? probably so frenzy/rumble can man the gun.

3. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I wish we had a deluxe blaster to go with him though.

4. Roller81

Roller81 Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. I am now able to cancel my preorder with confidence and happily begin searching for a deluxe Soundwave.

5. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dig him. He's so big though, I wonder if they'll do a Voyager Megatron (and maybe a new prime?) in that size to go with him. It cant JUST be him and grimlock for a whole line of voyagers. Usualy we get 8 or so molds, across 6 waves.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Yuck, Soundblaster looks awful with those yellow forearms and dark-grey base color. Definitely going Takara for that one. Hasbro Soundwave looks pretty nice, though! As a mold, I'm liking it a lot.

7. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This figure looks amazing. The robot mode looks very improved, especially in terms of paint apps, and the vehicle mode is an improvement too. I'm also glad to see that Voyagers don't seem to have suffered from the same downsizing as Deluxes.

8. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That would be nice, but I don't know why they would make a voyager Prime since they already released a deluxe size. A voyager Megatron would be great though.

9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    a solid toy representation (which puts him ahead of a lot of the other FOC figures) of another awful, awful design from High Moon. Unbelievable this is getting re-done before a proper "classics" Soundwave (it's not even a different character model like Optimus Prime, is it???) after 4 different lines of "Classics". Seems a tad silly that they put out Soundwave take 2 as a Voyager and released that rink-dinky undersized Deluxe Prime.

Nice Headsculpt, but the rest is just an overdesigned box-bot.

10. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    No hand blaster? That's not cool. The deluxe one is unfortunately to small. That sucks.......:( 

11. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can he still do the boombox fan-mode? :p 

12. SupSounds

SupSounds Soundwave`s Beatbox

wow.already released.. cool figures but their size does not fit to WFC/FOC figures

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Very pointless IMO. I wasn't a big fan of the deluxe and it looks a lot better than this Voyager overall. If the minions were good it might be worth the purchase...but they're terrible. Such an easy pass.

14. robwhit1

robwhit1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the figures but hate the scale. How can Soundwave/blasterbbe the only voyagers? That makes no sense.

15. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Thats it, screw the scale. Im getting this Voyager Soundwav :drool: 

16. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry I don't have MP's. Will do comparison of Soundwave and Hegemon (AKA Megatron) with the Hercules team tonight.

No. But I'm going back to Toyworld and checking all the other Soundwaves to make 100% sure I just didn't get a dodgy copy (twice!).

If it turns out that it is the same for all of them I will be sending an email to Hasbro Australia to get the official word on why the gun was dropped and yet still depicted on the box and instructions.

Possibly the gun may be a bonus for when we buy Frenzy and Ratbat? Cause I recall the pics from SDCC had those two listed at $9.99 while Rumble and Ravage were $1.99?

Don't get too upset about it mate. Hasbro is weird that way. We sometimes get stuff that aren't released in the States months in advance and the majority of the other times we are months if not years behind. Take the Prime line for instance. We are still on wave 1 Voyagers and wave 2 deluxes!

Just a side note for my Aussie collectors, I have noticed that Toyworld tends to get exclusive dibs on new products. Whoever is ordering their stock should get a raise!

Down side is Toyworld's prices are killer expensive compared to regular retailers like Target.

The lever can either be pulled back or pushed back with the minion so that it only goes as far as to accommodate the one disk. When fully pushed back I think it can hold 3 disks. Would be cool as he would be able to eject an instant army. :thumbs2: 

I'll take a photo tonight of it with just the 1 in his chest.

My pleasure. It's not often we get figures before everyone else here so I'm happy to share.

No his arms don't tab anywhere at the shoulders. They kind of just fold up and rest against the torso (similar to Generations Perceptor's shoulders).

The arms are a combination of ball and swivel joints.

No problems. You should look for the Takara version (he's shown in the pictures). The Hasbro version was a little bit dull for my liking.

17. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wanna see Soundwave next to Hegemon.

18. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi Razor24, thank you so much for these pictures! I can imagine how long you spent taking them all.

If you can indulge me, can you give me measurements of those minions? I just need the diameter and thickness of the disc in millimetres.

I hope it's not too much trouble!

19. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Mostly just the Classics/Henkai Megatron mold if you have it. But any of the generations/classic voyagers would do. I have most myself.

20. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good question! I'm not sure but will give it a try tonight. I have a feeling he can't but who knows :wink: 

Come back in about 10 hours :thumb 
    Hey fakebusker83, no problems. Haha yeah took about 4 hours in total as I had to take all the deluxe guys out of their packaging (after hunting for them in my moving boxes) and then taking the shots and uploading them. But it was worth it.

Ok no worries. I'll measure them tonight and get back to you.

By the way I love all of your Shapeways products! You do fantastic work

OK I don't have Classics Megatron (cause I didn't like his neon colours) but I have Hegemon. I'll stick some pics up of him with some Classics/Generations Ultra class: Inferno, Grapple, Powerglide, Silverbolt, Onslaught, and Hotspot. I'll also do Voyager class Optimus Prime (classics), Jetfire.

And lastly I'll give you comparisons with Wave 1 Voayager Prime figures to round it off.