Foc preorders

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Walktehdinosaur, May 30, 2012.

1. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I wonder if the g1 bonus turns out to be a unlock for beating the game and the preorder code just gives you early access, I think they did that for ratchet in dotm. Nice they finally give single player replay incentives instead of just mp like in wfc and dotm.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM and WFC had symbols you had to look for. If you missed one you had to go back and play it again.

3. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No it isn't. What I've been saying all along is this. I spent $150 on the Epic edition of Gears of War 3! I don't know the exact numbers but I believe there were only 2500-5000 of them made. It came with the game, Adam Fenix's Octus medal and display case, the last will and testament of Adam Fenix, exclusive multiplayer character and weapon skins, and a big freakin awesome Marcus Fenix statue. Now I refuse to beleive that there aren't 2500-5000 TF fans willing to shell out $100-$150 dollars on a similar collector's edition. I'm not saying that High Moon will release a big collector's edition like that, I'm just saying that it not being financially viable is a bunch of crap. Hell with it being a Hasbro property it should be much easier for them to include say a really detailed figure or figures of characters that are already being made like Optimus, Jazz, and Shockwave or FOC color accurate Combaticons, than it was for Epic to go and have a third party make 2500-5000 Marcus Fenix statues.

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would not really call that replayablility unless you were OCD and if you were lucky or had a map you could get them all first time round

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also in the UK their was a pre-order bonus legends StarScream ok it was just cyb SS but it had a unique very G1 paint job so it can happen

6. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I totally agree with you, man. I'm not trying to diss anybodies favorite TF continuity but I could less of a shit about TF Energon, let alone having characters from a new game not be game accurate but be Energon color accurate. COME ON HASBRO! I, and many many like me can not get to SDCC this year or any year in the foreseeable future, so why not make the game accurate colors the mass release and give SDCC attendees G2 colors.

7. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Jeeze, I want 'em both. .____.

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Fair point. I think the pre-order secures the maximum amount that people will pay for the game as well as go towards the numbers in sales in (x) weeks.

I think ROTF was the only game I pre-ordered (out of a handful) that gave me a shirt.

Btw, I want to raise the question again as to if people want movie skins? They already have the models.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, slightly. It would be fun to be running around as the movie characters that are similar to thw WFC aesthetic, such as Warpath or maybe even Soundwave, but not the crazy origami dudes like Bumblebee or Megatron.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    First off, calm the fuck down. Like it or not this practice will not be going away any time soon so you might as well get used to it.

But to explain things a little for you, it is the publishers who decide they want pre order content so they can entice retailers into buying more copies of the game to sell. The publishers tell the developers to make extra content. The publishers then offer some timed exclusive content to the retailers to encourage the retailers tto buy more and push the game more. Also the retailers want this content because it gives them an edge over their ccompitition.

The developers have extremely little say in the matter.

Like I said it's a practice that isn't going anywhere so get over it.

11. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Gamestop, here I come!

12. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I wonder what the other retailers will offer.

13. Kiddcade

Kiddcade Signal Lancer

I'd pay GOOD money if they added a skin for Bruticus to make him Ruination...

14. Ultramax Primus

Ultramax Primus Well-Known Member

i'll be pre-ordering from game stop

15. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Why look.

Some crow. I shall go eat it now.

Really, I hope that the Amazon-exclusive Bruticus is the G2 version. Just makes sense since it matches their pre-order bonus.

16. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    How does he look out of place? In the G1 cartoon, Prime looked like a semi in the golden age of Cybertron... so... it's still accurate...

I would be happy to explain it to you.... Basically, pre-orders are a great way for merchants and developers to gauge the appeal of a game. If a game (such as Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2) sells hundreds of thousands of preorders, the merchant and publisher have a pretty good idea of how many of a game to produce to sell. The last thing anyone wants is a landfill full of ET games.
    The freebies are just a small "thank you" from the developer for investing in their product early. Also, PERSONALLY, I would rather get G1 Prime for free as a preorder bonus than pay $4.99 on the PSN DLC market. DLC has proven to have gone way out of hand (I.E. Capcom and their SFxTekken fiasco).

I think there are FAR more people who would play a Transformers game than Skyrim. More people KNOW about Transformers than Skyrim. I never heard of Skyrim until the regular news media started doing stories of the unfinished game crashing PS3 systems. Also, kids can play Transformers games. Most stores were not allowing kids to purchase Skyrim (understandable... most ADD kids would chuck the disc at the wall within 20 minutes)

They make Collector's Editions of the almost ANY game, so a CE of Transformers wouldn't be that weird... especially since it would cost Hasbro 75 cents to make a Cyberverse custom painted toy, toss in a copy of "TF: The Movie" (1986) and a few collectible cards. I mean c'mon... Capcom is making a 30th Anniversary of Street Fighter bundle for $150, and you get a belt and a light-up paperweight... If people will throw down cash for that, I'm sure Activision could have easily offered a $79 or $99 bundle.

Price was secured back when the systems first came out. There is a pricing structure. $59.99 is the set price for almost all new games on the Xbox or PS3, unless they are a "greatest hits," compilation disc, or a straight-to-bargain bin title (not many on PS3 or Xbox, but the Wii is famous for them). Preorders mostly tell the publisher and stores how many to expect to sell. If no one preorders, then Activision knows not to print a million copies of the game. If all the stores sell out of their preorders, Activision knows the demand will be high, and will up production in anticipation. It's easier (and cheaper) to make a few hundred thousand more during the first production of the disc, then it is to underestimate demand and have to go back and make a 2nd production run of a game.

17. Tekdude13

Tekdude13 Member

To me...that looks a whole lot like mp-01.

18. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A sweet collectors edition would be of the game + G2 Bruticus skin + G2 FOC Bruticus boxset.

Amazon I'm looking at you. You did it for the RotF DVD in Japan, you can do it again!

19. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Duke Nukem had a CE. lol. Are you going to tell me a game that I can get for $3 a few months after release has more mass appeal than a Transformers game? Thats why I think an easy way for them to do one would be repaint a FOC figure for a CE exclusive. You think TF fans wouldnt plunk down some $$ for something like a G2 colored FOC Grimlock? Collector Edition themselves are a niche market. The masses that bought Skyrim didnt all run out for the CE hence them being clearance for $60 now.

20. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'm sorry, but skyrim has less appeal than transformers? Haha, no.
    Also duke nukem was a game hyped for about a decade.

Yeah, they could use resources to make a collectors edition, but unless you have a ton of guaranteed sales then it isn't worth the risk. You can argue it all you like, but no transformers game will ever get the pre-orders of an AAA title.

I'd love a g2 grimlock, but it ain't happening.