FOC Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TCracker, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey TCracker, any chance of a back view if you get a moment?

2. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I don't understand. People raved about Jazz in WFC and more than half the scouts in multiplayer used his chassis it seems. Now, suddenly, everyone hates his design? It's pretty much the same as in WFC.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

They mean the toy's execution of it, I assume.

4. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

No, that's not it at all. All the design elements we love have been scrambled and unfaithfully translated into the toy, and that's what we hate. It's like the toy designers worked off a police composite description instead of just looking at a photo.

5. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Here you go, but mine already customized

[​IMG]

One more shot of the customized FOC Jazz
    [​IMG]

More here

6. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I'm actually digging this figure, but I may wait to get it on clearance.

7. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet, looks like he was kept pretty close to the game model. Repaint looks amazing. Cant wait for mine to arrive.

8. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Are you two freaking serious? You honestly think that an entire 25+ year old franchise that's still going strong is just going to up and fall apart entirely because a vocal minority of fans is complaining about a highly subjective fluctuation in quality? And furthermore, that 3rd parties can completely force Hasbro out of their own market?

Dear God, this fandom.

Ugh...back on the toy itself, I don't see much wrong with it. The head seems somewhat buried in the chest, but otherwise I'm okay with it. All these hyperbolic complaints about "KO-quality plastic" and shit like that seem like utter fiction to me. Not that I'm saying it's an amazing toy, either, but it's not the abomination people are making out to be. It's a good likeness of the game model, recognisable as Jazz, and looks fairly simple to transform while still maintaining a baseline of functionality; that's all I ask for in a toy.

9. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Jazz looks fantastic. He's small...but wait! Jazz is always small! Works for me. I think he's awesome, and I look forward to the Sideswipe repaint/retool.

10. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perhaps I may have overreacted a bit (now I know what being a TF fanboy is like). While its highly unlikely that the franchise will ever crumble anytime soon, with all of the bad shit that's been going on anything is possible. I try to remain possible, however the constant stupidity of humans (government, news stories, the list goes on) does make that challenging. Maybe I'm just getting old and so far almost everything in life looks and sounds like shit.

Luckily this franchise is not one of them. I would rather pay the $15 for a deluxe figure rather than the $60 for most new games that are riddled with glitches and broken promises.

11. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Toy wise, I think the franchise peaked around ROTF (2009). Hasbro tried to keep the momentum but we saw what happened lately at retail with the toys. The toys are not moving. Retailers don't want to order more. Lines go straight to discount chains. Less store exclusives. It's not dying anytime soon but it's getting weaker, accompanied by declining Hasbro's share prices.

On topic, I'm skipping this Jazz but would like to buy a repaint in Ricochet color.

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Transformers brand is important to Hasbro, but not nearly that important. They moved TONS of DotM product, but collectors myopically focus on a few minor products that frustrated us.

Something big enough to affect share prices might be the failure of Battleship, and whatever clusterfuck just happened to the GIJoe movie that strangled a whole massive product line in its crib. As far as boy's toys go, TFs are the success story.

Just listen to their presentations. The fact that Kre-O and Bot Shots took off is huge massive good news to their perspective.

Everyone thinks it's about them. The same Hasbro-lives-or-dies-by-our-product attitude is at the Dungeons and Dragons boards.

13. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Ah. Well, okay then, that makes more sense. I can completely understand being a cynic, especially in this day and age. Trust me, I'm pretty much the same way-- I just reacted the way I did because I thought, as I said, you were suggesting that the fate of the brand somehow hinged entirely on us, which as Anguirus just explained, is a ludicrous viewpoint that a lot of less than informed fanboys on other boards seem to have. Now that you've explained properly, I totally get how one would find some of the recent changes a bit disheartening and fear for the worst.

At the same time, I also agree on Transformers generally being more a more reliable crowd-pleaser than a lot of other overpriced, underpolished entertainment products out there.

Anyhow, steering things back on-topic...seeing Jazz makes me wonder what the Sideswipe retool/redeco will be like in-hand. I noticed that only the later waves of FOC toys seem to have those much larger weapons with the apparent gear-driven features...I wouldn't mind a chance to fiddle with one of them. Definitely looks more satisfying than the little pea-shooter Jazz comes with, even if the rest of the toy doesn't but me as much.

14. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT.

I was seriously wondering if TF distribution got screwed up from the retaliation fiasco. I mean..Alot of times stuff comes from distributors on pallets, then gets sorted farther down the line. If They recalled all that Ret. crap..Mabye that is why we seen a lull in TFs for awhile. Timing works out almost perfect.

The more I look at this Jazz, I get torm. Looks pretty cool, but then bot mode, If I stare at it too long, looks like the michelin man. I think its one of those that is a "must be in hand" to appreciate

15. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

So when can we here in Canada expect this figures in stores?

16. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    When hell freezes over!

I have yet to find PRID Soundwave.

17. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

Wal Mart in Bradford has been known to stock Soundwaves,

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I haven't really been following the whole GI Joe deal but now I'm curious, what happened to that toyline? If anyone has a link to an article (or the abridged version) I'd appreciate it.

19. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Stock price is about future. Hasbro's outlook is weak, unable to beat street estimates.

Everyone? Stop. This is about Jazz review. At least I had something to say about Jazz.

20. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See, this looks so much better with the black and a white that doesn't look like pearl. Whoever is making the calls for paint like PRID Knockout and FoC Jazz is doing a pretty awful job. With a bit more attention to detail for the actual character it looks pretty passable.

Four red dots for the headlights couldn't have sucked that much out of a paint app budget.

They're pretty much charging more for taking steps backward.