FOC Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TCracker, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    I love mine

2. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Maybe quality of plastic isn't the right way to phrase it, but I think a lot of people are definitely noticing a lower quality. Just look at how different the FE TFPs are from their RiD counterparts. They're using less material and charging us more.

3. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, while everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that, I really wish people would stop using "simple transformation" like it's such a terrible thing. I'm of the general opinion that the complexity of, say, RID Bumblebee should be about the standard.

I'd much rather have simple than complex, in terms of transformation. Means I'm less likely to get frustrated. Not to say something novel (like RID Vehicone) can't crop up, because that is cool, but it just seems like this complaint's been popping up a lot lately.

4. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmmmm...I hope you are not interpreting my observations out of context. My review mentioned about simple transformation and I leave it at that. I did not knock it down by saying it is simple so it is bad. For me, transformaiton can be simple and complicated and yet be satisfying. So it is really a matter of personal preference and perception.

Just like you, I like PRiD BB's transformation. while some commented that it is too simple by virtue of the automorph gimmick, I find it quite pleasing as it Tfed without hassle and kinda neat to see everything Tfed together to form the bot / car mode.

5. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, not you specifically. Your assessment seemed quite balanced. It's just something I've noticed with some of the responses.

6. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    That's not plastic quality. That's figure quality. Get it straight.

7. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Broke down and ordered this guy, really excited for more Cybertronian modes.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for sharing :)  Are you going to repaint this guy? I think this figure would look amazing with more colors. The blue, which is already limited, is lightly applied here and there on the figure. It definitely needs some color lovin' in car mode.

I don't particularly like the size of his chest--looks a little too big--but I think this figure is one of the better FOC toys out now.

Any word on Bumblebee getting a new mold or not?

9. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yup, this weekend.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thought as much:) 

Can't wait to see what he looks like with the touch of a brush;) 

11. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks great. Should have mine in a couple of days, along with Shockwave.

12. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

This is one where Hasbro will get me....

I don't really like the figure very much but I will very likely buy it.

... Or not, and that says something because I know I will see this figure even at my terrible Walmart, and I easily could pass it up.

Blue head... Ugly car mode... No new ground in engineering... Doesn't look all that much like Jazz.

Yeah... Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I'll pass it up.

13. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Wuz crackin’ lil bitches

Can't wait for this guy, he's gonna be the first I pick up...that is if I find him in time.

14. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QFW

15. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do wonder if all of us would take this stance and let Hasbro know that we feel the consumer is getting screwed based on price alone. I also wanna know how parents feel on the price hike and whether it would deter them from purchasing any more figures in the future. If this occurs on a large scale (one can only dream) would Hasbro be forced to lower the price, perhaps invest some more paint apps into the figure or would they forgo selling Transformers to the US and probably any country that complains about the current situation this franchise is in. I've recently come to terms with the fact that oil is getting more expensive and though the figures have shrunk I'm still enjoying them and with the right amount of paint apps anyone can easily perfect a figure that would blow Takara's handling right out of the water. Either way I dread the day when this franchise comes to a screeching halt, be it the consumers complaints or the mismanagement caused by the higher ups.

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ agreed, they just had a billion dollar movie, and in the process did this to the figures, they're getting greedy, and i could see it killing the franchise if they keep going this way

17. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well if the franchise does crumble then maybe we'll just have to settle for 3rd party offerings. It's not like Hasbro can do anything about it and if they did they would only alienate even more of the fans. IP protection be damned, if you're not creating something and someone else is doing it and making money off it and satisfying customers whom would have bought it from the official holders but couldn't due to the company's incompetence, then you'd only have yourself to blame.

18. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I might actually get him. I love the car mode and I personally think he looks okay in robot mode.

19. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Painting the blue to black will make it look so much better.

The lower body of Jazz and Shockwave just doesn't scale well with their upper half... well to me anyways.

20. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like the design - but he looks really clean in both molds & this might be the closest I get to a G1-esque Jazz, as I didn't really dig the RTS mold...