FOC Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TCracker, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the Sideswipe remold.

2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking of painting his waist area blue or grey to add some much needed color variation. He looks very accurate, and I love all things WFC/FOC so I'll bite, assuming my local stores don't price him absurdly.

3. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I'll be getting it just cause I love Jazz...but this figure is just so...disappointing. I adore the WfC design, but overall this toy is just kind of a poor figure of it. It'll need some touch up with paint when I get mine, but it'll probably stay in vehicle form since that actually looks decent. Size doesn't bother me, but the lack of articulation and the apparent cheapness of the plastic is a really let down.

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The mold doesn't look that great, but it was better than I thought it was. Probably get the remold as Sideswipe because of the huge gun and much better looking paint. The whole toy looks like cheapo crap from the blue and the white that they used.

5. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...yea... definitely can't compare to the fantastic RTS Jazz mold. The fake wheels are kinda lame... especially since the real wheels aren't well hidden whatsoever... >_>

Still... had it a better paint job he'd be much better off... Hm... tbh I was thinking of repainting the figure into someone else anyway...

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the other hand, RTS Jazz is also chunkier. No matter how you look at it, this is a whole lot less plastic for more money. I still want to get it, but we may have to start relying on Voyagers as the cost cutting is almost getting to the point where deluxes will no longer be able to aptly capture a character's likeness.

7. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    lazy design, terrible head and looks extremely poor next to Classics Jazz...

8. jordanimus 1

jordanimus 1 Well-Known Member

I foresee this toy getting a facelift...RTS style!

9. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

I'm a later-era Transformers fan, i.e. I grew up with more TF toys Post Transformers: the Movie, so I'm more into cybertronian alt-modes. I like the look of this Jazz, and I'm curious if his hands could hold the guns from his Pretender toy version. If so, I may have to hunt down those old Pretender weapons & give them to this Jazz when I get him.

-Quickswitch

10. Nukatron

Nukatron Ultra Class

Where dose the gun store

11. RICEMASTER

RICEMASTER Special Agent Doofy

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Nice review TCracker!!! This mold looks so-so, but will pass judgement once i get this guy in hand...

12. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Its not fair comparing him to the RTS figure since figures have shrunk and changed since then

13. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is perfectly fair. They're charging more for less in the same class. $15 for FoC Jazz vs the ~$12 RTS Jazz. FoC Jazz looks simple to the point of sacrificing design, questionable paint application and colors, and KO looking plastic, while being smaller and a whole lot less mass.

If this is the direction future Transformers are taking, I'm not going to be buying much in the future.

14. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

Agreed.

And all turds, regardless of their size, stink the same.

(I don't really feel this harshly towards the figure...I just wanted to use a crude analogy.)

15. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure it just plugs onto the top, either hood or engine block, i.e. no hidden strorage.

16. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    He looks decent enough

17. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I remember who he reminds me of. Humpty Dumpty. But only a little.

18. Tikbaz

Tikbaz Well-Known Member

Being a Jazz collector and lover of his in game model, he is a must buy. However, I wish he had more paint to break up the white on him, and yes, the proportions are poorly handled. Still, Jazz is either number 1 or number 2 regarding my all time favorite Transformers figures (he flip flops with Starscream), so I'll still be very happy to have him in hand when he is released stateside!

19. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review. I thought the plastic looked a bit cheap, but I think Hasbro has been making the transformers lower in quality, smaller, and now raising the prices.

As a collector, I'm still up for getting this line, but I'm gonna start being more selective...i.e. no Bruticus. Hope the Dinobots are coming out, but wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro intentionally left them out.

20. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    The quality of the plastic isn't changing. I don't know what's giving you all the idea that it is. If you were from 1950, and saw a car made almost wholly out of plastic from today, would you call it a cheap knock-off?