FOC Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TCracker, Jun 26, 2012.

1. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Yeah, both Prime and Jazz had a running change by the time the Wreckers wave came out. Jazz had the changes you mentioned and OP has a slightly darker shade of red compared to the original release.

2. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought this figure of Amazon last year for $5 new, and he SUCKS.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I didn't know that! I was at the store comparing the different Jazzes (that sounded funny) and I was keeping an eye out for the lighter blue visor. In the end, I picked up one.

IMO the colours on the first run and the materials used make the figure looked really drab. The big chest and skinny legs doesn't help.

But after looking at the TakaraTomy version, I felt that the colours and materials use make the figure pop. So in the end, I bought TWO Jazz figures - the 2nd run and the TT version (which got for around $18 - depending on the exchange rate).

Here's my thoughts:

I really dig the vehicle mode. It looks so sleek and the colours on the TT (as earlier mentioned) really make the figure pop.

Bot mode - he looks really top heavy like he's been working out. There's a gap between the chest and neck but I can live with the design.

One thing I noted is that tabs where one clips the arms to the doors is shorter on the Hasbro version as compared to the TT version. As a result, I found transforming the Hasbro version easier.

I'm also considering doing a head swap - the light transparent blue piping on the Hasbro version looks very good.

It's a pity that the windows on the Hasbro Jazz were not painted. I felt that if they could paint Sideswipe's - I don't see why they couldn't have done the same for Jazz. Especially since this is the 2nd run. They could have left out the pink highlights to save cost.