FOC Grimlock upgrade advice...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gbm, Jun 21, 2014.

1. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Hi all,

What would you say is the best upgrade kit for FOC Grimlock.

I'd like to make a purchase to help out with that hollow chest.

Iron Factory IF EXO1 is currently in the lead, but I'd like to hear from you all...

Thanks.

2. ericepy

ericepy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have both. in dino mode he looks fat with the iron factory. but in robot mode he looks good with the wings. but mine are a little floppy and like to droop down. I think I like the zienth forge chest piece better, it just snaps in. with the iron factory you have to take the chest filler out and reconfigure everytime you transform him and it has lots of tiny parts. I really don't care about the extra weapons from the zf kit, or the head (never put it on). the gun with the iron factory kit is very loose in his hand as well. robot mode iron factory. dino mode zf kit. they are both very good kits. I think the quality on the zf is better.

3. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

Zenith Forge's "Cretaceous Advancement set gives you the larger sword, shield, and back piece to fill in the hollow gap, and Masterpiece style head. It makes a huge difference on him, and dramatically improved the look of him.

4. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input guys.

5. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Iron Factory hands down. It gives him bulk, and a nice g1 gun.

ZF head is really poor quality. The screw holes dont have threads. I used the factory screws... and the screw holes cracked and broke. Had to glue it together. The eyes are also this weird orange color for some reason.
    Also... you have to remove the ZF kit to transform him. Or you have to pull back on it and stress the plastic. You also lose the light up chest gimmick with the ZF kit.
    Yea the sword/shield look nice, but the quality of the head is bad, and the back filler is really bad looking in dino mode. It barely fills anything at all.

I'd go with the Iron Factory kit for the chest filler and weapon. FoC Grim has a sword already, and his G1 sword doesn't look like either the stock sword or the ZF one.

Here's a review of the IF kit, alongside the ZF kit.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...t-if-ex-01-pics-review-comparison-zf-kit.html

As for the head, go with Arttek or Workshop

Arttek looks really nice in person, it fits the size of the figure more than the other two, which feel a little small for the mold.

Head comparisons
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...hop-king-kickbutt-head-review-comparison.html