FoC G2 Bruticus Mess

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SectorStar, Nov 27, 2012.

1. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Beings my stores are dumb and not stocking anything new, I asked for the G2 version of FoC as a bday present also liking the colors better than at retail. I'm pretty disappointed with this and maybe its just me being autistic but I'm getting really frustrated with this toy and the horrible directions.

Vortex particularly is giving me a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to make it into an arm which I'm not able to understand what I'm looking at in the picture, while we're on the subject how do I make him into a foot? I've tried looking on youtube and couldn't find anything.

When trying to put Onslaught into robot mode, it looks like theres a tab underneath his "flap/neck" that connect to something on the inside, but I'm not able to make it go that far for fear of breaking it, but it looks like it should be able to go further from how his head looks on the box.

The paint job on this thing has got to be by far the worst/laziest I've ever seen. Most of the eyes look like someone just dabbed them real quick with paint. The box shows Vortex having a G2 logo on his chest, yet on my figure theres nothing, granted the stock art could be different I'm aware, but the odd thing is where it looks like a normal Decepticon insignia should be on this chest is just blank, and maybe its just me, but it looks like maybe theres some residue in that spot where a sticker or something once was?

After the disappointment I'm having right now, I'm not sure if I wanna bother with the Wreckers now that I was originally planning on getting.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    pretty sure there's already a ton of Complaints threads about these guys. :lol 

first rule of thumb when transforming something: Never use the instructions, as you will always get more than frustrated. :) 

There's also feedback threads and vid reviews a plenty on how-to's for these guys

3. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Brawl and Blast off I did just fine without referring to the instructions, it was when I got to the rest it was downhill, especially with Onslaught not even knowing if that crap vehicle mode was supposed to be the actual form or if I really just screwed up.

4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    The instructions are horrible. Have you looked for youtube videos showing the transformation?

5. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I feel your pain on these guys. The multiple limb modes deeply affected their robot modes something awful and onslaught's non-voyager size and crumpled up mess of a vehicle mode are what really hindered these guys honestly along with Brawl's tiny everything. :lol 

Hasbro is so close to making a good combiner I can feel it.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I had such a hard time turning Vortex into a foot too. I couldn't get it to make that 90 bend behind the cockpit. The trick is unfolding him. There's a piece that pulls away from the center, it extends it far enough to make the bend. Mine was really tight, you just have to pull.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, seems like your frustration is coming from not knowing how to transform them correctly (thanks, shitty instructions!) and the bad quality paint apps.

Once you get the hang of the first (or find some cool alternate transformations in the Bruticus feedback threads!) and the paint apps on the Wreckers turn out to be better I'm sure you'll like them. :) 

8. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    That joint is also used for arm mode too, I believe.

9. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Has there even been any in hand images of the Wreckers? Because I'm not trusting the stock photos. Heck on the G2 box of this set they had Onslaught's head as purple and black a long with his weapons, that wasn't the case on the real figure obviously.

10. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On Whirl, you can pull on the front section and a couple of hinges wil extend it out. To make him into a foot, just take the copter mode, pull the front end out with the previously mentioned hinges, lift it straight up, and you should see a couple of tabs to peg it in that position. Then swing the skirt armor out a bit as a heel. You can do whatever with the propeller.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It takes a little bit of force to snap Onslaught's head up all the way.

If you're talking about that small tab behind Bruticus' head, it plugs into a slot in the pelvis in vehicle mode.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're right..forgot about that! I do think retail figures, although they lately dofeature less of them, seldom cheap out on paint apps that much.

There's two types of exclusives: ones with superior paint apps compared to retail figures, and ones with cheap-feeling plastic and shitty/no paint. G2 Bruticus is definitely the latter.

Sucks about Onslaught :( 

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally feel that the plastic quality on G2 Bruticus is slightly better than the retail versions. But really only in a vague "I've seen less stress marks on them" sort of way, so definitely nothing empirical.

As for the paint apps: 1) the purple camo all over them accounts for the loss of most of the minor "detail" apps, and 2) arguably, the lack of fine detail paint apps closely emulates the characters' G2 appearances.

Shame they couldn't budget in Onslaught's black head and gunbarrels, though.

14. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never read instructions

15. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Odd the only way I learned to transform Vortex into a foot was in one long YouTube review, at least Swindle's Arm mode is easy just leave him in foot Mode and flip his hand out, and toes in (same arm length to Brawls Arm Mode)

I had the same trouble, I don't remember how I solved this Problem, sorry; And when I say I don't remember, I mean I'm not going to tell you something and you end up breaking your toy because you read to do something online and you screwed up. My only advice would be do not, I repeat do not put any pressure on his Big head. Again if you break your toy it's your own fault, I suggest getting something small and flat and push the purple plastic into place. Now this is a toy with a lot of tight joints and tabs if it looks, feels, or sounds like it's going to break, chances are it will.

Missing paint apps... Welcome to Transformers

Again another Odd statement, as it is the opposet for me, I had no intention to buy the wreckers until I got G2 Bruticus in hand

16. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Wait anyone got a link to this wrecker talk? First I've heard?

17. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    news of the Wreckers Repaint has been out for a while. Hell you can find youtube videos on it

wreckers

I've seen the Final takara CAD Designs in person, the head sculpts are great!

And as others have said, i was iffy on getting the G2 Brut ( even cancelled my amazon pre-order) I bit and got him. I love him, and then went out and got the Retail version, and now I have to get the wreckers

18. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

I guess I'm just kinda weird when it comes to repaints/retools. I generally tend to stay away from them unless their essential characters to have the whole set of like The Seekers for instance, or if its something like Generations Drift and Blurr where I was happy with the original mold, and didn't have a figure of Blurr yet in my collection so I got him. These are nice figures to have on display individually, but the combined mode isn't what I expected or hoped, and its not anywhere near as solid as the Energon combiners, atleast with those I can stand them up and not have to fight to do that alone like I do with this thing. The proportions of the arms make some of the PCC limbs look like a perfect piece of art. I just can't see a different paint job and head making the figures better. I don't regret getting it, but I can't myself spending another 60 bucks or more for all these over again. Acourse everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions with things.

19. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Thanks man! Yeah those are pretty tight, fantastic head sculpts.

I have the G2 set and I love it. Granted there are a lot of issues and it's far from perfect, but it's a blast and I'm sure with all the variations that a 3rd party will come through with an accessory set. Either way he makes an awesome display piece, and the G2 set is ridiculously crazy with the colors, gotta dig it. Might make a few paint touch ups. Just my opinion, though.

20. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

how much will the wreckers be? are they coming to usa retail? the colors are much better than the terrible bruticus colors. i might actually get these.