Minor/Repaint: FoC Cliffjumper 1st attempt with tutorial

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Grneclipse9902, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Grneclipse9902

Grneclipse9902 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    During Christmas, I picked up a PRiD Cliffjumper reluctantly because it was free during one of those sale promotions. I can't stand the Prime series or it's figures, but they didn't have any newer Generations figures on the shelves. So, this figure stood out to me because of how much it looked like the FoC CJ (The face at least). After examining my WFC CJ, there seemed to be no way to swap the heads because of the very different posts, but boredom and patience paid off today... I decided to get froggy, and put this up. Hopefully, I'm being original, because I haven't seen anyone else do it yet. But if so, oh well. I'm a beginner, sue me. But without further ado, allow me to present a very transformable and poseable FoC Cliffjumper... :) 

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I didn't start taking pictures until I was well into this, but I tried to get what I could. It starts with this:

[​IMG]
    Notice that it has a clear ball joint on the end to plug into the hole post on the PRiD body. The WFC CJ is just the opposite, the head has a hole that joins the post on the body. So what do we do?

[​IMG]
    Lop that post of the WFC body with a dremel!

[​IMG]
    Drill a small hole in the center of the now sheared off post to start the dremel, otherwise it'll drive all over the plastic, and drive you nuts. Measure the clear plastic ball on the end of the PRiD head, and go one size smaller. Not too far in, just a bit. Then patiently measuring, and drilling out the plastic with a sander. Unfortunately, it'll get pretty much through the other side of the dark grey post before it's all through, but it'll seat if measured properly. Patience is key! I was just determined...

[​IMG]
    And Voila!! No more waiting on Hasbro!

[​IMG]
    Close up

[​IMG]
    How the head seats in during transformation. Luckily, the horns are soft, and pliable because you do have to squeeze them in a bit to push the head through.

[​IMG]
    Transformed!

Attached Files:

2. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Nice and you gave him some battle scars ;)  Great idea and work!!

3. Grneclipse9902

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hahaha, I didn't even notice that on the symbol, but it does fit in nicely. Thanks!

4. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

Nice work! I've been hesitant to get a Prime Cliff and do this because it looks so hard to do without a drill or dremel, glad to see at least someone could do it. All you need now is to do the leg mod that makes him shorter so he doesn't tower over Jazz, and you have a near-perfect FoC Cliffjumper! :D 

5. Grneclipse9902

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, I wasn't aware that there was a leg mod for CJ. I'll definitely have to check that out.

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

This is cool. Look for the WFC Bumblebee leg mod. This is a great mod and the head seems to fit the body quite nicely.

7. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Man thats hot.