Florida Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Drake, Jan 3, 2003.

1. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    14 people who can walk into a any TRU and do a store to store order.

2. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Dude, we get it. I'm glad the people at your TRU are willing to do this for you, but I've had no luck with this strategy. And I'm not about to hound them to get myself a toy.

3. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    You should. Then you would have one.

Store managers know what I am talking about.

4. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, we know you have said that they can walk into a store and order. Well, they could if there was anything to order. It has already been established that there isn't anything available to order at this point. The DC doesn't have any and neither do the majority of the stores in this region.

As previously communicated, we are trying to keep a running list for those that want to help others in their surrounding area. If you want to offer up any extras you have to your fellow fans, I am sure they would appreciate it. If not, give it a rest.

5. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Traded the extra one I had to a local friend.

I could of ordered several extras as I was online each time they were there. Did not think people would buy anything as I have offered several rare figures at cost and no one takes me up on it.

Also they are in stock across the country. There are stores in the middle of nowhere you can order these from today. I have already called to see. If someone wants one take the item number to a TRU.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
  6. Junior

News Credits:
    Since you are the EXPERT, message your fellow FL fans on the list and tell them where you know the Thundercrackers are available. Or, better yet, take it upon yourself to place orders and hook others up.

You want to be in the good graces on this forum? Then be part of the solution. Help some others out.

FYI gang- Not sure how well it works, but you can set up an e-mail alert when Thundercracker is in-stock on the website.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/backInStock.jsp?pid=12885992&sku=12749343

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  7. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I have been offering since I placed my first order to tell people how to get them.

I said PM me. It is several pages back and have been mentioning it the entire past week.

It works. I am going to go order a Rage Over Cybertron set this week doing store to store order.

If you want exclusives this is the way to go. And the shipping is FREE.

8. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Ok messege received, if people want to order that way they will. Most people would rather wait till their area has it and not have to screw somone in Mulberry or Mudlick, Kentucky out of their stock.

9. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    The highly sought after Grimlock was shelfwarming some stores up until late 2011 in some areas.

After I shared this info with enough members they sold out. I doubt they were going anywhere soon.

Different places have different demand.

Some people could care less about a MP Thundercracker. If you want one bad enough store to store order. With Optimus right around the corner MP Thundercracker will not have shelf space for long.

10. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah this is a Sightings Board.

Went to Family Dollar in Tampa near Kmart and no DOTM Deluxe figures.

Kmart there just put out a case of Wave 2 Prime RID Deluxes. $15.99 each

11. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You guys are getting really bad. I'm so thankful that I picked up the iGear Thundercracker months ago and don't have to get mixed up in this mess. A couple of times you guys have been incredibly helpful, but this is seriously the fightiest website I've ever been on. And I've visited 4chan. I think that from here on I'll just forego hunting and bid on/buy online. Thanks for all the help over the years, guys. Good luck with all the tension. -_-

12. turbojack

turbojack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I myself have tried the store to store strategy myself and at least here in Orlando I've been told no...which is fine by me. Unfortunately most TRUs follow their own store policies and seem to like to say no alot. I'm definently not going to lose sleep over trying to track one down. :) 

13. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    what i've bolded here is pure common sense. i wish i could be more like this guy but unfortunately i don't have the willpower to moderate myself and not worry about not getting one. i applaud you sir

14. Junior

News Credits:
    Fellow FL Fans,

I'm not going to be part of derailing this thread any longer. Bottom line, if you are on the list I compiled, I am going to try to help if I can.

If TC comes online again or I see them in stores, I will send PM message to those on the list.

Thanks,
    Barry

15. turbojack

turbojack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you for those kind words. :)  at the end of the day..TC is just a toy...a really cool toy but a toy none the less. If I had to give up my RID Movor who is MISP for him or my MISP Beast Wars Jetstorm I would surely pass. The money people are asking for TC on Ebay is beyond ridiculous and proves that the scalpers are actively hunting for this toy as well. I think I'll just put my money away for now and wait for either Bruticus or MP10 to come along..and if I don't get either one of those..oh well. I'll have my Takara Encore 01 Optimus Prime to stare at..lol

16. ifightfortheuse

ifightfortheuse Well-Known Member

This Thundercracker issue has given me the idea that Hasbro, in collaboration with retailers, should off some sort of preordering system for exclusive/masterpiece/limit production figures and items. It would allow them to better see the demand and reach more of their targeted customers. It would certainly take some wind out of the scalpers and keep us from fighting ourselves.

Also, anybody have the Tomahawk mold? I can't get behind the GDO Springer because of the aesthetics of the figure. Is the mold any good?

17. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Springer GDO is one of my favorite figures currently. He fits the mold better then Tomahawk. Shame we have not received a proper triple changer version.

However he is a good stand in if you do not own Warbot or the Universe 2 Pack Version.

I own all 3 and still yearn for a proper Hasbro Classics update. I would recommend him if you find him in the store , Or even Tomahawk for that matter. Both are great figures.

The legs do bother me a little as they have that "bayformer" aesthetic.

18. GuardianMonkey

GuardianMonkey Well-Known Member

Asking at multiple TRU (Waterford, Altamonte, Sanford) and not a single store would do store-to-store orders. They all outright refused, even when speaking to a manager. I was told that they are aware of the multiple scalpers in the areas but didn't seem all that bothered by it.

A Thundercracker-free summer for me, I guess.

I lucked into the Voyager Dreadwing at the Sanford Target after being irritated as $#!+ at Coliseum of Comics in the mall -- they had the newest wave of Marvel Universe (She-hulk, Kraven, Beta Ray Bill, etc) all marked up to over $15. Bastards. Back to DW, I'm not sure if I'll keep him. He was really a fed up purchase more than anything.

19. It Is Him

It Is Him Well-Known Member

You wouldn't be the only one to have left this forum recently. A few years ago, this thread was great. It's too bad the way things have gone downhill.

20. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I think I report more sightings on this board then anyone. Honestly. I make trips twice a week to st pete and report what I see. I rarely buy anything at retail as I order most stuff online. I usually only buy 2 at most of 1 item. 1 to keep sealed and 1 to play with. Anything you guys can find in store is yours as I usually have it months before it hits retail.

I think it is the lack of distro more then anything that kills the sightings board.