Florida Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Drake, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Is that the one across from the the Best Buy and Wal-Mart off of I-275?

That Target got hit hard before release - I know of two members other than myself who got figures there if its the same one. That Target had DOTM figures on the shelf a week ago for general sale, so someone messed up there in a big way.

I wouldn't doubt that they had nothing left. Even a week ago they were already completely sold out of Voyagers.

If you weren't looking for DOTM and just Generations figures, that Target had nothing even a week ago with most of its stock being clearance. I think they may have had a Kup on the shelves? It was already pretty bare.

2. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    HA!! Same thing at the millennia Target. NOTHING. As a matter of fact, they were setting up the Cars 2 display and pegs!!! They still had the old stuff on clearance. It'll probably be out later today though. I might check out Waterford during lunch.

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    (A) I would've hit you with my cart to avoid having to run.
    (B) We both would have been out of luck, as they had nothing.

Merchant's Walk WM, OTOH, had Wave of of Cyberverse, Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders, plus a Battle Blades Prime repaint w/ Comettor. I got Leader Sentinel Prime, Voyager Megatron, Crankcase, and Roadbuster...so far. I'm trying to avoid figures in modes I already have. Megatron truck = OK. Yet another Bumblebee/ Camaro or Prime/ Truck? No thanks.

4. therealjondoe

therealjondoe Well-Known Member

Target on university and Stirling. Nada
    They did have the cable wave of mu.

5. therealjondoe

Target on university and commercial has leaders and voyagers

6. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

If anyone in Broward sees the Megatron and Prime Cyberverse trailer sets, let me know. At this rate it's a matter of which cases they put out.

7. therealjondoe

TRU in plantation has them.
    also have leaders and voyagers and deluxes.

8. astrakhan

WOOT! I was heading down to the Sawgrass Wal-Mart and Target again anyway, and that TRU is usually part of that shopping trip.

I am so going to be in the hole this week... my Warpath is going to arrive today too.

9. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

Hey I am just leaving the plantation TRU yeah they have all wave 1 and plenty left. They also has a promotion where if you spent more then 25 ypu got the preview prime free and i also got 5 dollars off from another promo that ends today.
    Gonna hit the super target on commercial on my way to work in hopes of wave 2.

10. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

Same I ended up going to eBay for a warpath and I also ordered a windcharger set good thing I'm not buying leaders this time.

11. therealjondoe

Any wave 2 captain America sighted? Red skull cross bones?

12. astrakhan

What promo is that?

13. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

Not sure maybe cause I spent over 50? I was too happy to question it lol

14. MADMEX33

MADMEX33 Well-Known Member

Thats weird considering that early last week they had quite a bit of sealed cases on their restocking carts all of which were marked for todays release.

15. JazzSanti86

JazzSanti86 Rockin Out! Latino Style!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    ok, so my outing this morning to 4 different Targets, The Target on Hollywood Blvd, the Target on University & Stirling had nothing, seems the main focus is the Cars 2 stuff. Checked the Target on pines and only saw scout HA, and maybe a few commanders & legion figures.

Though the Target in Aventura had all wave 1 stuff, picked up Sentinel Prime & Roadbuster.

16. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hit 6 stores all together. I only picked up Sentinel Prime from TRU. None of my other wants including Skyhammer, Powerglide, Shockwave, or Top Spin were available.

Here is my store reports

Super Target - Lutz (N. Dale Mabry) & Super Target - Tampa (Bruce B. Downs)

All the 1st wave stuff - Good selection including Sentinel Prime. No new Generations.

Toys R Us - Wesley Chapel & Toys R Us - Brandon

All the 1st wave stuff - Best selection including Sentinel Prime, plus FREE Preview figure with $25 purchase. No new Generations.

Super Wal-mart (Lutz/ LOL) & Super Wal-mart - Tampa (Bruce B. Downs)

Neither store had much of anything DOTM and the toy department managers told me that the mod for the aisle just dropped today. They said they don't have much product yet.

17. therealjondoe

TRU on sample. Has wave 1
    Walmart nada

18. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    If you're going to check Waterford Lakes you may as well check the Super Walmart off 50 near Alafaya. That's where I saw a giant endcap full of stuff late Saturday night and picked up Sentinel Prime.

19. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Typical Lakeland!!!!!

That's my EXACT same feeling as well. Once I have what I feel is the best available representation of a character, I'm done with him. I'll pick up a Leader Ironhide even though I have a deluxe and voyager, because I want the better bot and scale. But after Leader Starscream, why on God's green earth would I want that deluxe scale one? Or yet another Bumblebee just because he has a spoiler in car mode now? Nope!!! Or Leader Bee after getting the Costco Battle Bee???

I'm off to more places during lunch. I'll post an update.

Good luck on the hunt everyone. I hope everyone at least gets something they want within the next day or so. :) 

20. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

Target in the Winter Garden Village off Daniels road has everything except the proper HA figures in copious amounts. They also have Wave 1 GL and Captain America stuff. The GL stuff 'looks' ok, but the lack of knees and elbows kills it. Avoided those like the plague. The Cap figures were of various types, but mostly just the different variations of Cap himself.

As I mentioned they had all the Wave 1 stuff, I did actually buy a Voyager Megatron, but returned it because it sucked. Not going to bother with any other DOTM toys except for maybe Voyager Shockwave and Leader Sentinel, so no need to worry about competition. Just going to wait and see if Generations continues, and in the mean time I'll keep looking for various MU and Captain America figures.

Also, W. Coloniel Target had some Wave one stuff, but it looks like it was only one case of each. Someone must have pulled the rest from the back early. Though, ironically, they had two or three Sentinels. (Ironically, since I was under the impression they'd all been taken from the back room already.)