Florida Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Drake, Jan 3, 2003.

1. citizendan1st

citizendan1st Well-Known Member

3 BIS packs at the 436 and 434 Target as of 4 ish.....

2. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Lets not start that now. I might have to start buying up all the crushed ones to scalp and trade for perfect ones if I can't find me a good box. :wink: 

3. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shoot me a PM and lewt me know what you want for him. I missed out on this one.

4. fraenhawk

fraenhawk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, still horrible in West Volusia. Checked the Target in Orange City, only thing newish were the RtS two packs. Kohls had two tuner mudflaps and that was it. WM had nothing new.

5. g1_fanatic

g1_fanatic Well-Known Member

Kind of the same in this area. Still looking for Kup and Scourge. They seem not well distributed. Or possibly the winter weather has disrupt the shipments down to this area. Oh well, will have to wait patiently for them two.

6. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, lots of interest. Well, here's his FaceBook. Tiny guy, like 5-foot. Stocky. Always thought he looked like a goth version of Dexter (the one with the lab, not the one with the Saran Wrap..)

I had a mutual acquaintance casually share with me how this guy brags about lurking sightings boards and establishing contacts in stockrooms to aid him in clearing out stores when the doors open. I actually think I had a stock boy at the Altamonte TRU describe him to me a few months back when I asked how an entire case worth of Animated Arcees could sell out an hour an a half after the store opened.. -.-

Up the stuff goes on Ebay and his personal site with a fat mark-up! Standard scalper stuff, but apparently he's doing it as a way of partially financing his cost of living, meaning he's got to do it like a fiend since scalping is barely profitable unless you're fanatic about it. If you go on his website you'll find little gems like the BiS set for $35, MOTU Classics 2-packs for $50...

Anyway, known him socially for maybe 10 years. He's not well-liked, not a pleasant guy. If you see him, don't beat on him or anything, but please tell him to stop DJing and scalping and just find a proper job that leaves us our hobby. :p 

7. NothingHead

News Credits:
    Wellll.. I've creased backs before, but only if I find a goldmine and then only half the figures or so. It's usually out of frustration, after several of us find ourselves burned repeatedly.

I figure that children and anyone who genuinely wants the super-rare toy won't care, the MIB'ers, who are kind of hunting rare birds anyway (you don't just want the toy, you want it perfect), still have a sporting chance, and the scalpers will have to be content with a reasonable number of figures and no sweet little kids' tears.

Remember that scalping creates gluts of pegwarmers, which can lead to the cancellation of perfectly good toylines..

8. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Hahahaha

I was totally kidding. I don't really care. One less toy robot for me matters not. I have plenty.

9. fraenhawk

News Credits:
    Hah, Kup and Scourge?! I still haven't seen Tracks, Jazz, Wreck-Gar or Perceptor here! The only reason I have Tracks and Jazz was from a trade with a board member.

10. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Well hooooolyyyyy shit. I have seen that guy many times, several at TRU when they opened. Now I wish I didn't know, lol. I will try to behave myself if I see him.

11. Iconicon

Iconicon Well-Known Member

Not much new up in Jax.

Found Kup only at Target on Westside of town.

If your looking for Jazz/Tracks. Check Kohl's. They are $14.99 but BOGO 1/2 is going on. And the Kohl's here has as of this morning 8 Tracks and 11 Jazz on the shelf.

12. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Does he happen to have any Kups or Scourges?? :) 

13. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    Picked up 2 sets (Kup&Scourge) @ Florida Mall this morning one set for me and a friend. Nothing else. I think there was a RTS Scourge @ Hunter's Creek Target that I found but not interested in hidden behind some Ironman stuff good luck.

14. fraenhawk

News Credits:
    Same batch of nothingness at the Port Orange Target this morning.

15. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Found an RTS Bumblebee at the CLW Super Target last night. Nothing else of interest though.

16. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

Obviously I am sure we would ALL LOVE to beat this guy down for this!!!!! HOWEVER, I am also sure we would want to show that our maturity outweighs him and his way of doing things... So my suggestion is this:

If this guy really is "befriending" stockroom people to get entire cases the moment they show up, perhaps at the stores where we specifically have seen him, we can befriend the store manager and explain what he is doing and perhaps intercept his practice of scalping. Some managers may not care (just wanting to see the product sell no matter how), however if calmly approached with details of how this practice damages product sales and defaces trust in a store in the long run... and that it denies local customers from being able to buy product (which will eventually result in the loss of other sales from impulse buys due to customers no longer going into the store) this may indeed help a manager to attempt to at least limit an entire case from just walking out the store or at least be on the "look out" for this known scalper.

I am sure any good manager of a toy store would not like the idea of supporting a "KNOWN" scalper that denies his other patrons, especially kids, from having products they truly desire to purchase.

And if that doesn't help... Perhaps someone can find out if TRU has a company policy on this practice happening at their stores. And if so... just threaten the damn manager that you call corporate!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!

17. raindance

raindance Experimental

Woohoo! Highbrow, finally. Sheesh I was getting worried.
    -rain-

18. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Sharin' the love!!!!

Okay guys, found a little nest of HA Mudflaps and picked them all up to help out FLORIDA collectors.

Not trying to gouge, but 3 are available for $22 shipped anywhere in Florida. I just want to recoup my cost, shipping, and a buck or so for gas and time packaging. Only 1 Mudflap per member gang. First 3 PMs get 'em! :thumbs2: 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. lethal injection

lethal injection Well-Known Member

PM sent Hank!!! Thanks!!!

Hunted a good bit yesterday and only found one BB at the Fashion Square Target. Still there if anyone needs it.

20. NothingHead

News Credits:
    Oof. I want the Arcee from that set. Anybody who wants to part with one, let me know :)