Florida Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Drake, Jan 3, 2003.

1. therealjondoe

therealjondoe Well-Known Member

pics of the KOs???

2. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    Florida should never be on page 2. O_O

3. thespiritof76

thespiritof76 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thundercracker and repaint ratchet...

...I found Thundercracker and the white repaint of Ratchet at the Sanford Walmart off of Rinehart. I addition, and I apologize for going off topic but the Daytona Beach News-Journal is coming to my house this Saturday to interview me and take some pics of me and my collection (all 2000+) for an upcoming article in the paper on the fandom. I'll try not to make the entire fanbase look like a bunch of jackass's :)  thanks, Sean

4. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    Congratulations. That's awesome. Don't forget to put in a shameless plug for the FL Sighting Boards!!!

5. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I just got back from a mini vacation in Orlando and the fiancee and I happened over to the newest walmart on Turkey Lake Rd. (I think that's it) You turn left off of I Drive where the big MCD's is heading towards the outlets and go under the overpass and then take a left. I think it said Turkey Lake but I do know that it turns into Palm Parkway at some point, it's the road with the Westgate resort on it. No lie, they had at least 50 brawls and about 75 deluxes. I picked up a recon barricade, dropkick, longarm and payload. Hit em' up if your missing any of these figs.

6. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member

So I found some of those KO gestalt box sets that goldent was talking about (thanks again bro) and...:lol  Wow, these things are laughably bad...not that I expected any less, but wow...the plastic is sooo cheap, they look like they were painted by blind people. and they have ridiculous stickers, like one on "Hot Spot" that just says, "POWERFUL." :lolol 

7. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  8. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    thanks again for the fee. When I picked them up last night, I noticed that the packaging is different from the origina KO sets from a few years back. So the lack quality could be from the overuse of the molds. Notice that they don't sell the Stunticon set anymore.

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So...anyone miss me?
    I'd been having stomach pains for a couple days, so Friday AM I finally had the wife take me to the hospital.
    I don't like going to the hospital. But sometimes they give you drugs that make you all funny, so it's not as bad then. This was not going to be one of those times.
    I thought it might be my gall bladder acting up again, but it wasn't. After about 4 hours in an intermediary room, the announce I'd need some more tests, including a CT scan. A CT scan involves drinking a nasty liquid 4 times over 4 hours, and then sticking the body part in trouble in a tube, which takes pictures of your insides, I guess. So I did. About 2 hours later (I hate hospitals), they decided my appendix was in dire need of removal, and said it would be done. About 4 hours after that (I hate hospitals), the finally got a doctor who would be able to do such a thing, and wheeled me on up to surgery. Where I waited for an hour, before the doctor and anasthesiologist were both there and ready to work.
    So, under I went. I did not have any cool funny dreams that sometimes happen with anesthesia, but I was already kinda tired. I woke up, and my belly hurt, but now in a slightly different way. Plus, I had oxygen tubes in my nostrils. The soon poked another hole in me for an IV, and I had a pretty miserable evening of really feeling like I needed to pee, but was completely unable to do so. I recommend this treatment for anyone we capture in Iraq.
    The next two days (I hate hospitals) passed with me asking, 'Why does my stomach still hurt, and when can I go home.' At one point, they thought my gallstones might be blocking a liver duct or something, and ordered an MRI.
    Have you had an MRI? If not...don't. I never used to think I was claustraphobic, but for this MRI they stick your whole body on a stretcher, with a hard plastic thing over whatever might be ailing. Then they slide your whole body in a big long tube, whose circumference is such that your nose is about an inch from the top. In my case, they put headphones on me, so I was also subjected to modern country, which the voice of the technician would occasionally interrupt to tell me to take a deep breath, hold it, or let it out. Did I mention I'm in a tube that makes a coffin seem roomy? I will never hear Martina McBride's voice again without some small dose of fear.
    Anyway, the MRI came back negative, which meant I merely had an infection (oh joy) which was already being treated. Over those two days, I got lots of doses of not-so-great TV, and watched way too much of the US Open.

I got better over the next day, and was finally told yesterday I could go home this morning- which to me means around 10:30, and to the hospital meant a little closer to 1:45PM. (I hate hospitals)

On the way home, I picked up my prescriptions at the S. Lakeland Target, where they also had G1 Starscream and Jazz repaints.

-Tony!

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You were gone?

:lol  I jest! Good to hear you're away from the hospital, dude! :thumb 

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I've been gone for a few days myself, so I didn't realize you'd been away.

Glad everything turned out ok--and G1 Jazz and Starscream were icing on the cake.

12. MrTane

MrTane Active Member

13. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    glad to c/ya back. I F'#kin hate hospitals too their care sucks ass. hope ya stay well. Hospitals are like being in hell.

14. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    It's great to see you back...NOW GET BACK TO WORKIN' AND HUNTIN'!!!!

Two Transformers in exchange for pain....I eat that for lunch. I once ate a lego, shoved my hand down my throat and pulled it out!!! Now that's a man for ya!!!! I once wrestled a grizz....nevermind (LOL).

Glad to hear you made it through dude!!

15. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I...uh...didn't get the Jazz or Starscream. Might get Screamer, though. It's between him and T'cracker, and I like the Screamer colors better. Goes with more of the collection.

16. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome back. I'm not too sure about Thundercracker, myself. The retooled head, while more G1 and very cool, looks really out of place plopped on top of the weirdo movie body..

17. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Well, after almost four weeks, I'm seriously thinking of returning (or selling if I can't get refund/credit) my Movie Voyager Optimus. I wasn't blown away by him when I first saw the pics months ago, and I didn't like really like the RoboVision one when I saw him in June, but flash to a few weeks ago and you'll recall I jumped on him the first time I saw him at TRU. I really liked his automorph, and the darker blue, but as much as I've tried to like him he's still pretty 'meh' to me. I intended painting him up (doors, shoulder thingies, other little details) but right now, I'm just feeling like I could get more for the $20. There's still some deluxes I want (i.e. Bonecrusher) as well as Ironhide or even Ratchet. Besides, all the other Primes on my shelf are giving him the "you call that a pose?" look. Yes, even my movie birthday cake-topper Prime thinks Voyager Prime is lame. :throw 

18. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Saw the oversized minicons at Big Lots. The one's that make Starsaber. I passed. I was hoping they would have had the one that was the Saleen S7 mold.

19. MrTane

MrTane Active Member

I hit a payload of figures tonight. Spent a little more then I thought, but I am happy with what I got. Maybe these pictures will bring some more people to this forum. Below are the pictures of what I purchased.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was pleasently surprised that these Alts made another apperance. This was a good day. The Alternator boxes where damaged, but I bought doubles of these. I opened the damaged boxed Alts. The Classic find was also great. Ramjet is my first seeker. These classic lines are very well made. The Jetfire I had, but never opened till tonight. Yes, what everyone says is correct. He just owns. I am so making up for lost time and recouping the fact I had to sell my loose G1's and G2's to pay for my gal bladder removal. Anywayz, I am not going anywhere. Till All Are One

20. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    Hmm, I remember seeing pictures of that oversized set way back during the Armada days. I wanted to get one for Unicron. I thought it'd look badass with him.