Florida Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Drake, Jan 3, 2003.

1. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone found Leader Megs?

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Not yet.

3. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    I didn't see him out here. They must have him next to the stacks of Ghost Rider figures.

4. fraenhawk

fraenhawk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DeLand Wal-mart had the big over the aisle signage up... and that was about it. Still had old Classics/Cybertron on the shelves and two end-caps were being set up for TFs maybe. They had a few of the optimus arm blasters and 4 Optimash Primes and that was it.

Sanford TRU was well stocked. The TF aisle has the keychains and the old stock (including a ton of 6" TitSoundwaves), when you first walk in the store are where all the movie toys are. Didn't see any of the TRU exclusive Blackout/Scorponok 2 packs which I thought were supposed to be June 2 street date, they did have the 3" Titanium 2 packs though. Didn't pick up anything.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Junior, I'm sure you're not free to discuss exact numbers, but did sales meet expectations for the event? Successful enough that TRU would recognize & possibly take notice? Too early to tell?

Sure looked like it, based on how things moved.

OBTF: There were a LOT of Transformers at most stores today.
    :tongue: 

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow...I missed a couple pages. So for those of you wondering...no baby yet. Which meant I had to work my 10 hour shift yesterday. I'll be chastising this kid for her lateness when she gets old enough. Anyhoo, picked up Leader Prime and the Movie Legends at midnight madness. My plan is to spread out the purchases, but that Leader Prime is just too sweet. I think Raindance had it right. Love the transformation, the automorphing isn't too overdone, it's different from any other Prime, but still has hints of G1, Armada, Laser, and RID Prime. A worthy addition.

And onesock...I didn't get the news til I got to the event. That truly sucks. We were all missing you, though.

As for the movie- I'd love to have you all come by my place. It's central to all the Tampa and Orlando folks (though slightly more central to Tampa). Easy enough to find- take I-4 to the Polk Parkway, take the Polk Parkway to exit 5 (Hardin Blvd). Go north on Hardin, and the shopping center will be on the left. We're in the back of the complex.

-Tony!

7. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    FYI:

Anyone that got the Robo-vision Prime from Target and got it before today's sale, if you do a retuen and repurchase on it, you'll get exactly $5.24 back on it. The Scouts are the same price. but they drop everything by about $1-$2 from Deluxes on up.

Also, on the whole Prime helmet think. The Gary Chaulk voiced ones are at Target (All of the ones I saw). So the Cullen ones are either at WM or TRU. Can anyone confirm this? The WM in my area doesn't even have them.

8. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mulberry WM had lots of movie toys, including the Bumblebee/ Barricade pack, which I bought. Didn't notice which voice changer they had, but I think it was Cullen. They also had 2 Leader Primes left, but they were still in their case over by the bikes.

-Tony!

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see much support so far, but would everyone else be up for going to Tony's place?

10. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    436 has the Cullen voice-changer, and a craptoad of voyagers sitting on a pallet with the the BB/Barricade pack. My friend brought me a Starsrceam today. These are awesome toys, but they're really ugly robots. At least they're not morbidly obese, like Energon..

11. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

My wife got me Optimash Prime and the Ultra Magnus vs Megatron Robot Heros...the rest of the toys look crap in real life.

12. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    Depending on the date (The 3rd or 4th), I would be down for the trip. My wife is taking off to Tennessee with some of our friends to go white water rafting during that time (Had I not taken all that time off earlier, I would be with them...giving up the movie until that Sunday). Otherwise Downtown Disney or Port Orlando is cool too.

The WM going towards the airport or the one in Casselberry?

13. Galvatron Prime

Galvatron Prime The Real Galvatron Prime TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry I missed the Midnight Madness Friday night guys. Really didn't feel like braving the sucky weather, plus my wife gave me good reason to stay home ;) 

Went out to WM on Sat though and picked up Leader Prime. Have to say he is my fav Prime since the 20th Prime came out. I'm with Tony on spreading out my purchases though. I did pick up Optimash Prime (for me desk at work) The Titanium 3" Movie Prime and Blackout and a few of the Robot Heroes. I want to get the Prime Helmet but i will wait for the Cullen version before doing so.

My wife did pick up some of the Target $1 stuff for me including some stickers, pencils and coloring book. Hey it was a dollar, why not. Oh and I also got the Prime keychain this weekend.

14. fraenhawk

fraenhawk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Went to Orange City Target today and picked up Robovision Prime, Ratchet, Ironhide, Booster and Longview to start my movie purchases. They didn't have any deluxes except for the protoforms so I guess I'll check back later in the week to try to get some on sale (Bonecrusher definitely, Bumblebee and Baricade maybe) or I'll check the Daytona one when I'm out that way for work.

15. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm guessing July 4...since that's when it'll be out. ;) 

Safe sex = best sex. :thumb 

16. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    ...actually, the 2nd or 3rd depending on what time and day you want to see it. They pushed up the date.

17. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LET'S GO THE EARLIEST DATE WE CAN!

:lol 

18. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

FWB Target had everything. Picked up two Robovision Primes and a Bumblebee. Robovision Prime is just outstanding. I passed on the Leader version of Prime for now. He looks very impressive as well. I really had to hold back cause I really wanted to get Leader Prime, Ironhide and Starscream but I'll get them latter. Robovision Prime was almost all gone at my Target.

19. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We'll probably run a midnight/ 10PM/ whatever-time-they-let-us-run-it show the night before, like we have with Spidey, Shrek, and Pirates.

BTW, anyone know where to get a TF necktie? I've been searching lots and lots of places for one I can wear to work. The Hot Topic lapel pin just isn't enough.

20. Galvatron Prime

Galvatron Prime The Real Galvatron Prime TFW2005 Supporter

I might be up to going out there to see the movie. I'll have to see what night you guys do it on and the time first though.