Florida Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Drake, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Really? I thought their prices were beyond decent. Are you sure you weren't looking at the custom-painted figures? They were expensive, yes, but...they're customs.

2. Roccoajr

Roccoajr Well-Known Member

I have to agree Gods and Monsters prices are high. The shop right outside called Big J's Toys (I think) has some of the same products $20-30 cheaper. Not just transformers... but other merch as well including power rangers and other collectables.

3. musashi3000gt

musashi3000gt Well-Known Member

One Devestator left at Kendall Dr. TRU.

4. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

$60 for a Generations Thundercracker is not beyond decent, and that's just one example. Todd used to price really fairly when he was at Acme, but whoever is doing the TF pricing now is out of their mind.

5. Roccoajr

Roccoajr Well-Known Member

Well Acme is a better store all around anyways. But exactly Ramjet555, why pay higher than Target or TRU retail? They are on shelves right now as we speak.

They just opened though, i would assume supply and demand will take over... and prices will drop

6. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

I should have clarified it was the deluxe Thundercracker from early generations, which goes for around 25-30 online so $60 is ridiculous.

I hope the prices drop cause I've only been to G&M once but it was such a great place and I want to give them my business.

7. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    I was at Gods and Monsters yesterday with a group playing Dicemaster Marvel/DC card game (I think that's the name, I've never played those type of games). I thought the TF stuff (Any everything else) was great. The pricing was a little high but in the same ballpark as ACME. The prices are high at G&M because of the types of TFs they have. If I really wanted something in there (Which there were a ton but luckily my wife and daughters were there to hold me down...lol), I would have shelled out the money without a thought.

They just opened, so deals and loyalty perks will come just like ACME and other stores do.

The staff there are very nice. One of them came by a couple of times during our game to check-in and tell us about some upcoming events and related card products that they're working on. My 3 year old LOVED the stuff (Especially the arcade games in the back). The sodas at the bar were very good (They sell the butterbeer I buy from Publix but the orange creme is awesome...lol).

Anywho- Walmart on 50 by UCF has 3 out of 4 Mensar limbs. I was gonna get Breakdown, but I'm gonna hold till the end of the month. Gotta space out my purchases :) 

8. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

One of the G&M employees mentioned to me that many of there Transformers are there on consignment, so their prices are set by the seller, not the store as an intermediary. It sounds like they're making an effort to change the prices since the Hot Toys are also overpriced and not moving at all.

9. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Hey, guys! I'll be sure to check on that Thundercracker when I go back to work. Give us the heads-up on stuff like that; we try to price at the median average price for sold items off of eBay, but sometimes mistakes get made. A lot of us are very knowledgeable about specific franchises and items, but we can end up being clueless about other stuff. I could totally see one of the staff pricing that figure high because they were looking at auctions for the leader class figure.

Unfortunately you are right about the green-tagged items-- they are consignment and we can't fix anything there, only pass word on to the seller. Feel free to talk with one of us if you have any questions about something; some of items are priced high because even though they are boxed they were heavily detailed and repainted.

If you guys like Acme, then you should definitely start coming by! Nearly entire staff, from the top down, are from there. The only exceptions are one of our managers who is also our Harley Quinn cosplayer, and myself, who came from a creative fabrication background and handles new collections, scenic, and toy restoration. Basically, the entire crew is over here now :) 

10. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Waterford Lakes Toys R Us had one Titan Devastator this morning for $159.99.

11. turbojack

turbojack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking about putting some of my MISB or MISP TFs on commission.I would seriously only want about 5 dollars more than they originally sold for. I'm not greedy and I understand that TFs are not investments and should never be looked at as such. It's just with CW Devastator coming soon I am low on space. I have enough trouble finding a spot for my G1 Predaking. And while I'll miss some of my plastic/diecast bricks.. they are just taking up too much space. It's awesome knowing that so many from ACME now run G&M.

12. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

I just got back from Toys r us in Brandon they had one Devastator at $159.99.

13. NothingHead

Just got into the shop a little bit ago and the only Thundercracker I'm finding is a carded, domestic Generations figure for $40. Did anybody already mention it to somebody here, or do we have another floating around?

In any case, we've freed up more space in the displays, so be sure to check back in with us or sometime this week as more TF's are going out. Any requests? I can deck the cases out with 3P, customs, Henkei, G1.. We have enough of any given sub-genre to fill a whole section, lol..

14. Matt888

Matt888 Member

Tampa:
    Target at 19 and Gulf to Bay has a Rook and First Aid for Defensor left as of 7pm. I grabbed a Rook, First Aid, and Streetwise. No Blades seen.

15. NothingHead

Hey guys! Just a heads up: as of right now, we have two full sets of Deluxe Protectobots in the store; also one Hotspot and a couple Grooves, so here's your opportunity to grab Defensor in one swoop :) 

16. CD13

CD13 Member

Where is it?

17. NothingHead

We are at 5250 International Drive, in Artegon Mall behind the Shepler's. We will be here until nine. Hotspot is still here :) 

18. joncbenn

joncbenn Groovy

I called Panama City beach TRU and they said they had one devastator.

19. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    I went in on Saturday, got RTS Laser Prime and a Classics Grimlock. Was mighty impressed by your Classics selection!

20. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just a few more days until the Tampa Bay Toy Expo.

Attached Files: