Florida Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Drake, Jan 3, 2003.

1. DaFunkk12

DaFunkk12 Member

There is one more deluxe Scorn left at the Oviedo Target. Bought the other one earlier this evening. BTW, there were signs advertising 5% off TF toys.

Plenty of wave 2 deluxes at Casselberry Super Walmart. Saw at least 3 Scorn, too.

2. Billabongi

Billabongi Well-Known Member

Have you guys seen Wave 2 at Toys R Us yet?

3. Megatran217

Megatran217 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anyone here been to florida supercon before? Just want to know if it's worth going to

4. Citricon

Citricon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i went last year and it sucked. mostly because of how overpacked it was. too damn hot, food line was 45 min long. BUT they're in a new venue this year so it might be better.

5. JosephMrd

JosephMrd Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yea it sucks

6. musashi3000gt

musashi3000gt Well-Known Member

Supercon sucks.

7. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

From a TF standpoint, Supercon isn't that great. However, as a counterpoint, there's a lot of good guests this year if you're a fan of comics, Game of Thrones and especially Power Rangers.

One thing to keep in mind: if you can avoid it, DO NOT go on Saturday. Thursday and Friday have some great panels scheduled, especially the Match Game on Thursday with Dana Snyder (a.k.a. Master Shake). Sunday will probably also be a little crowded, but if you go late enough the vendors will likely start putting items on sale so that they don't have to schlep all their stuff back home. But yeah, Saturday is just ridiculous.

8. Megatran217

Megatran217 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the input. I've recently gotten into comics, so I hope to attend more cons. With that said, would it be better to attend the Tampa con instead of supercon then? I was never a big fan of the city of Miami to begin with and Tampa is a shorter drive, and I am not into meeting celebs. Just looking for decent deals on key issues, art, etc

9. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you're not in the Miami area already, you're probably just better off going to Tampa Comic Con. Miami's not like Orlando where there are so many hotels that you can pretty much always get a decent deal, not to mention the traffic construction is only going to make things worse. I live near Ft. Lauderdale so it's about an hour drive.

10. lenimusprime

lenimusprime Well-Known Member

Has any one seen the hero mashers yet

11. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I've seen them at Toys R Us.

12. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Doral WM has Shrapnel and Tailgate

13. Citricon

Citricon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tampa con is so much better! I'll be going there when it comes. They rented the entire convention center out.

14. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Jose Delbo will be there. He did work on the US Marvel TFs issues, Titan books, UK stuff, and issue 0 of Regeneration One.

Tampa Bay Comic Con

We will have two booths (10 X 20 ft) at the Tampa Bay Comic Con filled with action figures, dolls, plush, and video games. Our booths are located at 507-606.

If you do go to the con, make sure to stop in and say hello.

15. g1_fanatic

g1_fanatic Well-Known Member

Hmmm...not sure if I want to go this year. No special guests that is of interest. Last year, it got overcrowded where the fire marshal had to come in and the staff had to stop selling tickets. If people decide to go, I'd highly suggest coming real early to get tickets and get in.
    Edit: It looks like a new venue so overcrowding shouldn't be an issue.

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Walmart store #1224 in Pensacola has both AOE Leaders Grimlock and Prime. I can't believe the price.

17. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    I would suggest going on Sunday, I went last year (the 1st year at the convention center) and it was horribly crowded on Saturday. There was only one line to get in regardless of whether you bought your tix online or were a walk in. I waited in line for about 3 hours just to get in. Also people were cutting in line and walking right up to the front and security wouldn't do anything to stop it. There wasn't even a sign or something to tell people who "accidentally" just came up that they needed to go wait in line - we had to tell many people that.

Hopefully they have things better run this year or they may find themselves back at the hotels. It's nice to have a bigger con in Tampa, the guys running it were not prepared for the volume. Lets hope they learned from last year.

18. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Supercon is pretty good if you already live in Miami or at least in Broward. Last year was packed to the ass, but I went with friends so it was decent. Picked up a poster cause I was on a budget, but I'm gunning to pick up a Gundam kit from the dealer that's there every year. The convention center this year holds boat shows so I'm not worried about it being overcrowded. If there's any panels you might be interested in, they're usually pretty good and the wrestling show every night is kind of neat even if you're not into wrestling. I might end up going 2 of the nights this year.

And yeah, totally don't expect even a weak Transformers showing. You're going to be going for other things entirely. I saw a few booths last year with Transformers stuff, but nothing for hardcore collectors unless you're looking for really random, overpriced figures.

I definitely wouldn't bother if you lived any further north, unless you're starved for a convention experience.

19. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Went to the free Kre-O Optimus/Grimlock build event at Waterford Toys R Us. My daughter got a set, but it appears they ran out about thirty minutes later since they were giving kids GI JOE and other KRE-O sets to build. They're pretty much out of AoE deluxes aside from a single Bumblebee in the section near the back of the store. Still had a handful of Voyager Grimlocks and Galvatrons, and one Evasion Optimus left.

20. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Oviedo Ross has those mini G1 transformer sets for like 11.99. And like 2 beast hunter deluxes(a dragon and soundwave) for like 6 bucks.